Original 10 Honorspren

paperstones

Question

7 answers to this question

We actually don't know how many he created originally, though my guess would be five (half of ten). All of them except for Syl died in the Recreance. The ten group was the second set that the SF created, and they're the ones that all the other honorspren are descended from.

“The Stormfather created only a handful of children. All of these, save Sylphrena, were destroyed in the Recreance, becoming deadeyes. This loss stung the Stormfather, who didn’t create again for centuries. When he was finally moved to remake the honorspren, he created only ten more. My great-grandmother was among them; she created my grandfather, who created my father, who eventually created me.

19 hours ago, RShara said:

We actually don't know how many he created originally, though my guess would be five (half of ten). All of them except for Syl died in the Recreance. The ten group was the second set that the SF created, and they're the ones that all the other honorspren are descended from.

The interesting thing this implies is that every single honorspren was bonded at the time of the recreance.  Which makes me wonder, how did an honorspren society even exist if not a single one resided in shadesmar at the time?  What does it mean for other spren/orders>

Just now, Kuram said:

The interesting thing this implies is that every single honorspren was bonded at the time of the recreance.  Which makes me wonder, how did an honorspren society even exist if not a single one resided in shadesmar at the time?  What does it mean for other spren/orders>

Not necessarily. There were still the honorspren that Honor had created, and the descendents of both them and the ones the SF created.