Next book to read

Stefano

hi everyone,

I am reading cosmere books for the first time, but i think i made a mistake in the reading order, here is the books read so far:

- mistborn trilogy

- elantris

- wax and wayne series

- eleventh metal

- allomancer jack

- secret history

- Shadows for Silence in the Forests of Hell

- way of kings

- words of radiance

- edgedancer

as you can see, I missed warbreaker.

What shall I do now? Go on with Oathbringer or read Warbreaker first? I know it should be read before words of radiance but, since the damage is done, does it make any difference at this point?

Whichever way works for you. If you don't like stopping in the middle of a series, go right into Oathbringer. If you would rather see any of the easter eggs that pop up, read Warbreaker first. I read Oathbringer before Warbreaker, and there were just a couple of minor plot points that I was a little confused about, but they aren't very major, and they just felt like mysteries that would be revealed later in the series.

On 9/10/2020 at 8:10 AM, BreezeCauthon said:

I've never read Warbreaker, but I've read all the other novels. So it can't matter too much.

I’m guessing you haven’t read it because of a lack of interest or time constraints. But in case you didn’t know, it’s free on Brandon’s website, so you can read it whenever. Just a head’s up.

12 hours ago, ILuvHats said:

I’m guessing you haven’t read it because of a lack of interest or time constraints. But in case you didn’t know, it’s free on Brandon’s website, so you can read it whenever. Just a head’s up.

No, actually, but thanks. I've stayed away because I've heard it's a little more mature than his other stuff. I perfectly confident I can handle it, but I had planned when starting the Cosmere novels to read it a little after, and now I'm in the midst of the Hercule Poirot mysteries, so it might be a while.

5 hours ago, BreezeCauthon said:

No, actually, but thanks. I've stayed away because I've heard it's a little more mature than his other stuff. I perfectly confident I can handle it, but I had planned when starting the Cosmere novels to read it a little after, and now I'm in the midst of the Hercule Poirot mysteries, so it might be a while.

I wouldn't really call it more mature, but it most definitely focuses on more of the political, personal, and religious aspects than other Cosmere books. I find it one of my favorites and you get to know a lot more about Nightblood, Vasher (Zahel), and Vivenna (Azure).

@StefanoYou can comfortably read Oathbringer before Warbreaker but you will get more out of Oathbringer by reading Warbreaker first. My suggestion is read Oathbringer then Warbreaker and if you have time reread Words of Radiance and Oathbringer sometime