The Band Kidz

15 minutes ago, Omi the Counselor said:

*one of the few trombones in middle school*

*one of the two trombones in high school*

pep band, at a football game, *only trombone*

I'm sorry. That must be tough. For you and the rest of the band because they don't get the soothing sounds of a trombone blasting.

On 10/18/2020 at 10:11 AM, Ghanderflaffle said:

I always wanted to join jazz band, but clarinets aren’t jazz instruments.

This isn't 100% true. Our jazz band played two songs last year with big clarinet solos.

Or you could pick up sax.

5 minutes ago, Ghanderflaffle said:

They don’t let clarinets into ours. I can’t pick up sax because then I would have to admit that I like sax to my brother, who plays alto.

Darn. Jazz band is the best. I used to play the bass in orchestra, until I saw the error of my ways and switched to playing bass in the jazz band.

Just now, Mage said:

Darn. Jazz band is the best. I used to play the bass in orchestra, until I saw the error of my ways and switched to playing bass in the jazz band.

Wind ensamble is pretty fun, for us it's just the honor band, so we can move fast and do some great songs. My freshman year we did Fate of the Gods.

35 minutes ago, Mage said:

This isn't 100% true. Our jazz band played two songs last year with big clarinet solos.

Or you could pick up sax.

our Jazz band is just kids who are good at their intstrument and stay after school to practice once a week.

5 minutes ago, Ghanderflaffle said:

Wind ensamble is pretty fun, for us it's just the honor band, so we can move fast and do some great songs. My freshman year we did Fate of the Gods.

Fair enough. I really haven't tried enough of different types of band to speak fairly about which are better.

I also just listened to the band arrangement of Fate of the Gods, and it sounds epic.

11 minutes ago, Mage said:

Fair enough. I really haven't tried enough of different types of band to speak fairly about which are better.

I also just listened to the band arrangement of Fate of the Gods, and it sounds epic.

It was really fun. There were so many changes that it was hard for a freshman, but it was great. It's written so that it's like a scale with key signatures. It start at one then goes up, then comes back down.