Google Translate - Cosmere Edition

39 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

Anyone who's taken a foreign language class or watched the youtube channel Translator Fails will know that the online tool Google Translate is not reliable. However, it tends to produce humorous results depending on what languages you choose.

Well, I haven’t done either of those things, but I do live in a foreign country, so I’m definitely familiar with google translate’s weirdness.

How about some death rattles? Those are really weird already. Stormlight spoilers:

Spoiler

Original:
“Above the final void I hang, friends behind, friends before. The feast I must drink clings to their faces, and the words I must speak spark in my mind. The old oaths will be spoken anew. 

—Collected on Betabanan 1173, 45 seconds pre-death, by the Silent Gatherers. Subject was a lighteyed child of five years. Diction improved remarkably when giving sample.

Translated:
"I am empty, except the last, my friend behind me for my friend. I have clings to drink feast faces and the words in my mind saying enlightening. It renews the old oath. '

-She quiet as she reads from 1173 to Bethaban gathered to 11 seconds before his death. And there was a really bright 5 year old boy. Standard significantly improved when the samples were provided.

Spoiler

Original:
“The death is my life, the strength becomes my weakness, the journey has ended.”

—Observed on Betabanes 1173, 95 seconds pre-death, collected secondhand and later reported to the the Silent Gatherers. Subject was a scholar of some minor renown. Sample considered questionable.

Translated:
"Death and life are my strengths, and my weakness is that the journey is over."

-Bethabanes was observed until 1173, 95 seconds before his death, and then taken to a gathered silent collector. There was a slight student fame. A sample issue to consider.

And, in speaking of unity (more stormlight spoilers):

Spoiler

Original:
“UNITE THEM! Dalinar thrust his left hand to the side, plunging it between realms, grabbing hold of the very fabric of existence. The world of minds, the realm of thought. He thrust his right hand to the other side, touching something vast, something that wasn’t a place—it was all places in one. He’d seen this before, in the moment when Odium had let him glimpse the Spiritual Realm. Today, he held it in his hand. The Fused scrambled away. Amaram pushed down his faceplate, but that wasn’t enough. He stumbled back, arm raised. Only one person remained in place. A young parshwoman, the one that Dalinar had visited in the visions. “What are you?” she whispered as he stood with arms outstretched, holding to the lands of mind and spirit. He closed his eyes, breathing out, listening to a sudden stillness. And within it a simple, quiet voice. A woman’s voice, so familiar to him. I forgive you. Dalinar opened his eyes, and knew what the parshwoman saw in him. Swirling clouds, glowing light, thunder and lightning. “I am Unity.” He slammed both hands together. And combined three realms into one.”

Translated:
“JOIN THEM! Dalinar pushed his left hand to the side, threw it between the realms, grabbing the fabric of existence. The world of minds, the realm of thinking. He pushed his right hand to the other side and touched something huge, something that was not a place - it was all in one place. He had seen this before, the moment Odium let him glimpse the spiritual realm. He held it in his hands today. Fused stepped away. Amaram pressed his front, but that wasn't enough. He stumbled back with his arms held up. Only one man remained in place. A young parshwoman whom Dalinar visited during the visions. "What are you?" he whispered as he stood with his arms outstretched, clinging to the lands of mind and spirit. He closed his eyes, blew out his breath, and suddenly listened to silence. And a simple, quiet voice in it. The voice of a woman, so familiar to her. I forgive. Dalinar opened his eyes and knew what the parshwoman saw in him. Swirling clouds, glowing light, thunder and lightning. - I'm a unit. He clasped both hands together. And he united three empires.

25 minutes ago, JesterLavorre said:

Well, I haven’t done either of those things, but I do live in a foreign country, so I’m definitely familiar with google translate’s weirdness.

How about some death rattles? Those are really weird already. Stormlight spoilers:

Hide contents

Original:
“Above the final void I hang, friends behind, friends before. The feast I must drink clings to their faces, and the words I must speak spark in my mind. The old oaths will be spoken anew. 

—Collected on Betabanan 1173, 45 seconds pre-death, by the Silent Gatherers. Subject was a lighteyed child of five years. Diction improved remarkably when giving sample.

Translated:
"I am empty, except the last, my friend behind me for my friend. I have clings to drink feast faces and the words in my mind saying enlightening. It renews the old oath. '

-She quiet as she reads from 1173 to Bethaban gathered to 11 seconds before his death. And there was a really bright 5 year old boy. Standard significantly improved when the samples were provided.

Hide contents

Original:
“The death is my life, the strength becomes my weakness, the journey has ended.”

—Observed on Betabanes 1173, 95 seconds pre-death, collected secondhand and later reported to the the Silent Gatherers. Subject was a scholar of some minor renown. Sample considered questionable.

Translated:
"Death and life are my strengths, and my weakness is that the journey is over."

-Bethabanes was observed until 1173, 95 seconds before his death, and then taken to a gathered silent collector. There was a slight student fame. A sample issue to consider.

And, in speaking of unity (more stormlight spoilers):

Hide contents

Original:
“UNITE THEM! Dalinar thrust his left hand to the side, plunging it between realms, grabbing hold of the very fabric of existence. The world of minds, the realm of thought. He thrust his right hand to the other side, touching something vast, something that wasn’t a place—it was all places in one. He’d seen this before, in the moment when Odium had let him glimpse the Spiritual Realm. Today, he held it in his hand. The Fused scrambled away. Amaram pushed down his faceplate, but that wasn’t enough. He stumbled back, arm raised. Only one person remained in place. A young parshwoman, the one that Dalinar had visited in the visions. “What are you?” she whispered as he stood with arms outstretched, holding to the lands of mind and spirit. He closed his eyes, breathing out, listening to a sudden stillness. And within it a simple, quiet voice. A woman’s voice, so familiar to him. I forgive you. Dalinar opened his eyes, and knew what the parshwoman saw in him. Swirling clouds, glowing light, thunder and lightning. “I am Unity.” He slammed both hands together. And combined three realms into one.”

Translated:
“JOIN THEM! Dalinar pushed his left hand to the side, threw it between the realms, grabbing the fabric of existence. The world of minds, the realm of thinking. He pushed his right hand to the other side and touched something huge, something that was not a place - it was all in one place. He had seen this before, the moment Odium let him glimpse the spiritual realm. He held it in his hands today. Fused stepped away. Amaram pressed his front, but that wasn't enough. He stumbled back with his arms held up. Only one man remained in place. A young parshwoman whom Dalinar visited during the visions. "What are you?" he whispered as he stood with his arms outstretched, clinging to the lands of mind and spirit. He closed his eyes, blew out his breath, and suddenly listened to silence. And a simple, quiet voice in it. The voice of a woman, so familiar to her. I forgive. Dalinar opened his eyes and knew what the parshwoman saw in him. Swirling clouds, glowing light, thunder and lightning. - I'm a unit. He clasped both hands together. And he united three empires.

Dalinar is an absolute unit.

Also, 

"Death and life are my strengths, and my weakness is that the journey is over.”

actually sounds really cool.

Stormlight spoilers to the end of Oathbringer

I spent way to long on this 

Spoiler

Alone.

Dalinar held a fist to his chest.

So alone.

It hurt to breathe, to think. But something stirred inside his fist. He opened bleeding fingers.

The most ... the most important ...

Inside his fist, somehow found a golden sphere. A solitary gloryspren.

The most important step a man can take. It's not the first one, is it?

It's the next one. Always the next step, Dalinar.

Trembling, bleeding, agonized, Dalinar forced air into his lungs and spoke a single ragged sentence.

"You cannot have my pain."

Odium stepped back. 'Dalinar? What is this?"

"You cannot have my pain."

"Dalinar-"

Dalinar forced himself to his feet. "You. Cannot. Have. My. Pain."

"Be sensible"

"I killed those children," Dalinar said.

"No, it-"

'I burned the people of Rathalas."

"I was there, influencing you-"

"YOU CANNOT HAVE MY PAIN!" Dalinar bellowed, stepping towards Odium. The god frowned. His Fused companions shied back, and Amaram raised a hand before his eyes and squinted.

Were those gloryspren spinning around Dalinar?

"I did kill the people of Rathalas," Dalinar shouted. "You might have been there, but I made the choice. I decided!" He stilled. "I killed her. It hurts so much, but I did it. I accept that. You cannot have her. You cannot take her from me again."

"Dalinar," Odium said. "What do you hope to gain, keeping this burden?"

Dalinar sneered at the god. "If I pretend ... If I pretend I didn't do those things, it means that I can't have grown to become someone else."

"A failure."

Something stirred inside of Dalinar. A warmth that he had known once before. A warm calming light.

Unite them.

"Journey before destination'" Dalinar said. "It cannot be a journey if it doesn't have a beginning."

A thunderclap sounded in hsi mind. Suddenly, awareness poured back into him. The Stormfather, distant, feeling frightened-but also surprised. 

Dalinar?

"I will take responsibility for what I have done," Dalinar whispered. "If I must fall, I will  rise each time a better man."

Unite them!

Gloryspren streamed around Dalinar. Thousands of golden spheres, more spren than he'd ever seen in one place. They swirled around him in a column of golden light.

Beyond it, Odium stumbled back. 

So small, Dalinar thought. Has he always looked that small?

UNITE THEM!

Dalinar thrust his left hand to the side, plunging it between realms, grabbing hold of the very fabric of existence. The world of minds, the realm of thought.

He thrust his right hand to the other side, touching something vast, something that wasn't a place-it was all places in one. He'd seen this before, in the moment when Odium had let him glimpse the Spiritual Realm.

Today, he held it in his hand.

The Fused scrambled away, Amaram pushed down his faceplate, but that wasn't enough. He stumbled back, arm raised. Only one person remained in place. A young parshwoman, the one that Dalinar had visited in the visions.

"What are you?" she whispered, as he stood with arms outstretched, holding to the lands of the mind and spirit.

He closed his eyes, breathing out, listening to a sudden stillness. And within it a simple, quiet voice. A woman's voice, so familiar to him.

I forgive you.

Dalinar opened his eyes, and he knew what the parshwoamn saw in him. Swirling clouds, glowing light, thunder and lightning.

"I am Unity."

He slammed both hands together.

And combined three realms into one.

"No!" Odium screamed. He stepped forward. "No, we killed you. WE KILLED YOU!"

Spoiler

One.

Dalinar held out his hand.

Tasi la.

The stomach hurts, when you think about it. But something related to her. He released his bleeding finger.

More importantly ... most importantly ...

But on the other hand he saw a golden ball at his feet. The loneliness of being single.

The most important thing you can do. Not the first time, right?

These are things. After the next step, Dalinar.

Shaking, shaking, bleeding, pain, caused air in his lungs and said beautiful sentences.

"I'm in no pain."

Odium is up again. - Dalinar? What is this?"

"I'm in no pain."

"Dalinar-"

Dalinar stood up. "Impossible. I got it. My pain."

"Be careful"

“I killed these kids,” Dalinar said.

"There is no way,

"I set the Rathalas on fire."

"I was there and I impressed you--"

"YES THE ONE!" Dalinar shouted and went up to Odium. Dia gossiped. His combined troops returned and Amaram raised his hands in front of him and released.

These beautiful souls roaming Dalinar?

“We killed the Rathalas,” Dalinar shouted. "Maybe you were there, but I made the choice. I made a choice!" It was quiet. "I killed him. He hurt so much, but I accepted it. I accept it. I can't. It can never be taken from me."

"Dalinar," Odium said. "What do you think will be achieved by keeping this burden?"

Dalinar laughed about the gods. "If I pretend I'm not doing these things, it means I can't be my other person."

"Pau".

Things are moving in the Valley. Feelings of love he already had. The fire was hot.

Tie them.

“There’s a trip here to go,” Dalinar said. "This can't be a journey without a start."

There was thunder in His mind. Suddenly, consciousness returned. The storm was terrible but it was also great.

Dalinar?

“I take responsibility for what I did,” Dalinar said. "If I fall, I'll always become a better person."

Connect them!

Gloryspren is Dalina. Thousands of gold balls, more mirrors than you have ever seen in one place. He was surrounded by a golden light helicopter.

Odium fell on him.

It’s small, Dalinar thought. Does it work part time?

REGISTER!

Dalinar put his left hand on the side and threw it in the woods and caught it there. Split of mind, place of thought.

He threw his right hand to the other side and touched something big, something out of place - they were all in the same place. He had already seen it when Odium allowed him to see the spiritual realm.

He has it in his hand today.

The fusion is slowing down, I know it’s pressed on top but it’s not enough. He leaned back in his limbs. There was only one man left at home. Dalinar was visited by a parish group during the exhibition.

"What are you?" he stretched out his arms to stand up and stretched out his arms and adhered to the land of mind and spirit.

She closed her eyes, nodded, and suddenly listened to the voice. This is a simple calm voice. The voice of the woman who knew him well.

I'm sorry.

Dalinar opened his eyes and realized what the parshwoamn inside had seen. Clouds, flames, thunder and lightning.

- I'm one.

He went with his hands.

But he connected through a kingdom.

"No!" Screams Odium. He continued. "No, we're killing it. We're killing it!"

Oooh these are fun

Final Empire Spoilers

Spoiler

Original: 

"I killed you, once," the Lord Ruler said, turning back to Kelsier. 
"You tried," Kelsier replied, his voice loud and firm, carrying across the square. "But you can't kill me, Lord Tyrant. I represent that thing you've never been able to kill, no matter how hard you try. I am hope." 
The Lord Ruler snorted in disdain. He raised a casual arm, then backhanded Kelsier with a blow so powerful that Vin could hear the crack resound throughout the square. 
Kelsier lurched and spun, spraying blood as he fell. 
“NO!” Vin screamed. 
The Lord Ruler ripped one of the spears from his own body, then slammed it down through Kelsier’s chest. “Let the executions begin.”

Translated:

"I killed you right away," the officer said, and then Kirsell returned.
"I tried my best." Kelser responded firmly. "But Lord Tirande, you can't kill him." No matter how hard you try, I will never win. I hope so. 
Everyone who despised Nana agreed. Normal hand raised bark; So the sound of Clarinet's spoiled chocolate saved him from such a big blow. Calcium is a bloody pupil of sleep.
"! B!" Winnie broke out  
Lord Ruler removes redness from his body. I am not a nun. This is not the third honor. "It started."

I have no idea what happened in the second half :P

Stormlight Oathbringer spoilers 

Spoiler

Taln gripped Ash's hand.

Ash looked at his fingers, thick and callused. Thousands of years could come and pass, and she could lose lifetimes to the dream, but those hands ... she'd never forget those hands.

"Ash," he said.

She looked up at him, then gasped and raised her fingers to her lips.

"How long?" he asked.

"Taln." She gripped his hand in both of hers. "I'm sorry. I'm so, so sorry."

"How long?"

"They say it's been four millennia. I don't always ... note the passing of time ..."

"Four thousand years?"

She held his hand tighter. "I'm sorry, I'm sorry."

He pulled his hand from hers and stood up walking through the tent. She followed, apologizing again - but what good were words? They'd betrayed him.

Taln brushed aside the front drapes and stepped out. He looked up at the city above them, at the sky, at the wall. Soldiers in breastplate and chain rushed past to join a fight further along.

"Four thousand years?" Taln asked again. "Ash ..."

"We couldn't continue - I ... we thought ..."

"Ash." He took her hand again. "What a wonderful thing."

Wonderful? "We left you, Taln,"

"What a gift you gave them! Time to recover, for once, between Desolations. Time to progress. They never had a chance before. But this time... tes, maybe they do."

"No, Taln. You can't be like this."

"A wonderful thing indeed, Ash"

You can't be like this, Taln. You have to hate me! Hate me, please."

He turned from her but still held her hand, pulling her after him.

"Come. He's waiting."

"Who?" she asked.

"I don't know."

And the mockery it becomes

Spoiler

Taln grabbed Ash.

Ash looked at his big fingers. A thousand years can come and go, you can lose your life in a dream, but these hands ... you haven't forgotten those hands.

He said: Ash.

She looked at him, took a breath and put her fingers to her lips.

"How long?" He asked.

- Taln. He took both hands. - Excuse me. I'm so sorry.

"How long?"

- They say four thousand years have passed. I don't remember all the time ... I remember all the time ...

- Four years?

Your hand is strong. - I'm sorry, forgive me.

He took her hand and led her to the tent. He started to apologize again - but why were those words so good? They betrayed me.

Taln pulled the curtain up and pulled it forward. He looked at the city above them, at the sky, near the wall. Shoot the soldiers with madness and chains to continue the fight.

- Four years? Taln asked again. - Ask ...

- We can't continue - I ... we continue ...

"Grey." He raised his hand again. - Great.

Great? - We're leaving you, Taln!

"Here's the gift he gave them! Time to bring him back once and for all. Time to move on. They don't stand a chance. But this time ... maybe, maybe."

- No, Taln. It cannot be so.

"This is very good, Ash."

It is not so, Taln. Hate me! I hate this, please. „

He turned, but grabbed her arm and pulled her back.

- Tar. Big house.

"EDS?" Was included.

"I dont know."

This also took far to long

1 hour ago, Darkfinder said:

"How long?" - They say four thousand years have passed. I don't remember all the time ... I remember all the time ... - Four years?

Taln is really losing track of time :P.

Okay, Oathbringer spoilers:

Spoiler

Original:

“Elhokar had fallen to his knees. In one arm he held his terrified son, in the other hand he held … a sheet of paper? A sketch? Kaladin could almost hear Elhokar stuttering the words. Life … life before death … The hair on Kaladin’s neck rose. Elhokar started to glow softly. Strength … before weakness … “Do it, Elhokar,” Kaladin whispered. Journey. Journey before … A figure emerged from the battle. A tall, lean man—so, so familiar. Gloom seemed to cling to Moash, who wore a brown uniform like the parshmen. For a heartbeat the battle pivoted on him. Wall Guard behind him, broken Palace Guard before. “Moash, no…” Kaladin whispered. He couldn’t move. Stormlight bled from him, leaving him empty, exhausted. Lowering his spear, Moash ran Elhokar through the chest. Kaladin screamed. Moash pinned the king to the ground, shoving aside the weeping child prince with his foot. He placed his boot against Elhokar’s throat, holding him down, then pulled the spear out and stabbed Elhokar through the eye as well. He held the weapon in place, carefully waiting until the fledgling glow around the king faded and flickered out. The king’s Shardblade appeared from mist and clanged to the ground beside him.”

Translated:

Alhawker fell to his knees. She is holding her frightened son in one hand, a piece of paper in the other? Sketch? Kaluddin could almost hear Alhawker crying. Alive ... live before death ... hair grows on Kaladin's neck. Alhoker gently glows. Strength ... before weakness ... "Do it, Alhoker," slapped Kaladin. Travel. Before the trip ... a character emerges from the battle. All tall and thin men - often. Darkness was clinging to Moash, who wore a brown uniform like a parmaster. The battle gave him a quick fight. The wall guard behind it, the broken palace guard in front of it. "Moash, no tax ..." Kaladin slapped him. He could not move. Stormlight is bleeding from him, he is empty and tired. Moash lowered his spear and ran Elhocart towards his chest. Kaladin screamed. Moash pushed the king to the ground and pushed the weeping son to one side of his feet. He stuck his shoes around Alhoker's neck, took off his spear, and stabbed Alhoker in the eye. He held the weapon in place and carefully faded and waited for the new light around the king to come forward. The king's shadow came out of the mist and sank to the ground beside him. "”

How was Moash the only one who’s name didn’t change?

Here are some translated book titles:

Words of Radiance:

Spoiler

The word charisma

Mistborn: The Final Empire

Spoiler

Christmas: The First Kingdom

The Hero of Ages

Spoiler

Pool conqueror

I put the book title Oathbringer through google translate multiple times.

This didn't take long at all

Spoiler

sofa
Spoiler

Standard
Spoiler

normal
Spoiler

Outringer
Spoiler

I did some experimenting as well and in all these trials translating Oathbringer into Telugu it then translates back into standard and that changes the other outcomes, which is probably how I got both standard and normal. Outringer kind of makes sense to me but I'm not sure how I got sofa from Oatbringer 

Speak again the ancient oaths: life before death strength before weakness journey before destination. 

Spoiler

Repeat the old vows: life before death in force before the journey of weakness before departure.

Spoiler

I will protect those who cannot protect themselves.

Spoiler

I will defend those who will not defend themselves.

Spoiler

I will protect even those I hate, so long as it is right.

Spoiler

I will protect them from those who hate me, as long as it is good.

These are fun!

Spoiler

I am Talenel'Elin, Herald of War. The time of the Return, the Desolation, is near at hand. We must prepare. You will have forgotten much, following the destruction of the times past. Kalak will teach you to cast bronze, if you have forgotten this. We will Soulcast blocks of metal directly for you. I wish we could teach you steel, but casting is so much easier than forging, and you must have something we can produce quickly. Your stone tools will not serve against what is to come. Vedel can train your surgeons, and Jezrien . . . he will teach you leadership. So much is lost between Returns . . . I will train your soldiers. We should have time. Ishar keeps talking about a way to keep information from being lost following Desolations. And you have discovered something unexpected. We will use that. Surgebinders to act as guardians . . . Knights . . . The coming days will be difficult, but with training, humanity will survive. You must bring me to your leaders. The other Heralds should join us soon.

Spoiler

I'm Talenel'Elin, Herald of the War. The time of return, destruction, is near. We need to be prepared. You will forget a lot, after the destruction of the past. Kalak will teach you to make copper, if you forget this. Help the Soulcast steel blocks directly to you. I wish we could teach you metal, but casting is a lot easier than hardening, and you need to have something we can produce quickly. Your stone tools will not work against the future. Vedel can train your doctors, as well as Jezreen. . . he will teach you leadership. A lot is missing between the comeback. . . I will train your soldiers. We need to have time. Ishar goes on to talk about how to keep information from getting lost after a brutal massacre. And you have something unexpected. We will use that. Auditors have acted as custodians. . . Knights. . . The days to come will be difficult, but with discipline, humanity will survive. You must bring me to your leaders. Some Heralds should join soon.

These are so fun! Thank you Fadran!

7 hours ago, Darkfinder said:

Taln grabbed Ash. Ash looked at his big fingers. A thousand years can come and go, you can lose your life in a dream, but these hands ... you haven't forgotten those hands. He said: Ash. She looked at him, took a breath and put her fingers to her lips. "How long?" He asked. - Taln. He took both hands. - Excuse me. I'm so sorry.

Those hands...

Just couldn't take her eyes off them, so big...

Let's have some Hoid:

Oathbringer:

Spoiler

"There are stories to tell." Wit leaped to his feet. Few people were paying attention. To them, he was just another busker. "Everyone knows that Mishim is the cleverest of the three moons. Though her sister and brother are content to reign in the sky--gracing the lands below with their light--Mishim is always looking for a chance to escape her duty."

Spoiler

"There is a story to be told." Few have paid attention. They were just a great man to them. "Everyone knows that Missim is the smartest of the three months. Her sister and brother are happy in the air and adorn the background with their rays. Missim is still hers. I am looking for the possibility of getting out of debt. " .

Also Oathbringer:

Spoiler

“Some men, as they age, grow kinder. I am not one of those, for I have seen how the cosmere can mistreat the innocent - and that leaves me disinclined toward kindness. Some men, as they age, grow wiser. I am not one of those, for wisdom and I have always been at cross-purposes, and I have yet to learn the tongue in which she speaks. Some men, as they age, grow more cynical. I, fortunately, am not one of those. If I were, the very air would warp around me, sucking in all emotion, leaving only scorn.
Other men...other men, as they age, merely grow stranger. I fear that I am one of those. I am the bones of a foreign species left drying on the plain that was once, long ago, a sea. A curiosity, perhaps a reminder, that all has not always been as it is now.”

Spoiler

"Some parents have become my parents. I don't, because I see world leaders working with innocent people - it happens. Some people are as smart as adults. Not me, because I'm wise and I'll fight. Some men become more flexible with age. Luckily not. If I did, I would leave all my thoughts alone. And a man ... another man, because they were beautiful, dressed. I'm afraid I'm one of them. I am the bones of a stranger, dried in the depths of the sea. The funny thing may be a warning, not everything is as it is now. "

I don't recall which book this is from:

Spoiler

“Yes, yes. Aim for the sun. That way if you miss, at least your arrow will fall far away, and the person it kills will likely be someone you don't know.”

Spoiler

"Yes." The purpose of the day. "If you make a mistake, your shots will fall, and the shots you take could be someone you don't know."

And one of my personal favorites:

Spoiler

“I like to live every day like it's my last."
Shallan nodded.
"And by that I mean lying in a puddle of my own urine, calling for the nurse to bring me more pudding.”

Spoiler

"I like to live every day as if it were my destiny.
Shalan shook his head.
I mean, I was on the floor and invited a nurse to bring me some pills. "

8 hours ago, The Awakened Salad said:

I am not a nun.

No, you are not, Lord Ruler. Where did this come from???

One of my favorite lines from the Mistborn trilogy:

Spoiler

“Women? Women are like...thunderstorms. They're beautiful to look at, and sometimes they're nice to listen to-but most of the time they're just plain inconvenient.”

Spoiler

"Women? Women ... like a storm. They want others to see."

Another one of my favorite lines, from Alcatraz:

Spoiler

“By now, it is probably very late at night, and you have stayed up to read this book when you should have gone to sleep. If this is the case, then I commend you for falling into my trap. It is a writer's greatest pleasure to hear that someone was kept up until the unholy hours of the morning reading one of his books. It goes back to authors being terrible people who delight in the suffering of others. Plus, we get a kickback from the caffeine industry...”

Spoiler

"Maybe it's too late and you wake up to read a book if you have to sleep." In this case, I was surprised with the people who have been trapped. The author enjoys sleeping one morning and reading his book. She returned to the authors, people who want that while others tolerated. In addition, the caffeine industry can cure ... "

Oh these are fun...

Mistborn 1:

Spoiler

Ash fell from the sky.

Lord Tresting frowned, glancing up at the ruddy midday sky as his servants scuttled forward, opening a parasol over Tresting and his distinguished guest. Ashfalls weren't that uncommon in the Final Empire, but Tresting had hoped to avoid getting soot stains on his fine new suit coat and red vest, which had just arrived via canal boat from Luthadel itself. Fortunately, there wasn't much wind; the parasol would likely be effective.

Spoiler

Ashes fell from the sky.

Looking into the dark sky at noon, Lord Tresting stepped forward and opened an umbrella over Tresting and his distinguished guest. Ashfl was not uncommon in the second kingdom, but Tresting hoped to avoid stains on his new outfit and red jacket, which he brought back from booty with boots. Even. Fortunately it was not very windy; Umbrellas can be effective. 

Mistborn Era 1 spoilers:

Spoiler

"I am no Hero." he whispered, still reaching to the sky.

His arms twinkled, golden. His copperminds, worn on his forearms, reflected the light of the sun. They had been with him for so long, his companions. His knowledge.

Knowledge...

The words of the prophecy were very precise, he thought suddenly. They say... they say that the Hero will bear the future of the world on his arms.

Not on his shoulders. Not in his hands. On his arms.

By the Forgotten Gods!

He slammed his arms into the twin mists and seized the powers offered to him. He drew them in, feeling them infuse his body, making him burn. His flesh and bones evaporated, but as they did, he tapped his copperminds, dumping their entire contents into his expanding consciousness.

Spoiler

"I'm not a hero." she trembled, still fighting for heaven.

Her hands were shiny, gold. There was a copper breath on his arm that reflected the sunlight. She has been with him for a long time, her friends. Your experience.

Knowledge ...

The words in the prophecy were true, he thought suddenly. They say ... they say, the hero will hold the world's future in his arms.

Don't over the shoulder. Not with your hands. In your hand.

I forgot about the gods!

He folded their arms and took the strength offered to him. He tugged on it, feeling as if water was flowing all over his burning body. His flesh and bones were gone, but when that happened, he shook his brain and poured the contents into his growing consciousness.