Concept For Shallan (Final Ideal LOL)

Batstar

Is it just me or does Shallan's character concept seem to be a real one from out world.  Specifically the Idea of "Fake it Till you Make it"

Would be quite hilarious if that was her Final Ideal.  I realize her ideals are truths about herself but I'm re-listening to the Graphic Audio version of these again in anticipation of Book 4.  Super Excited for this one guys!

Anyway what do you guys think of the whole idea?

On the discord, there was a strong support a while ago for her final Oath to be along the lines of "I have always been Shallan." (I think this was Mori's theory originally, but I'm not a 100% sure on that.)

But, imo, there's two interesting directions for Shallan to go: one is this, "I am Shallan" or "I have always been Shallan" way, which is is essentially saying that all her personalities are her fabrication, and that it's always been her in them. Another is something Wit implies, where the personalities don't go away, exactly, and the arc is more... "these exist, and the best path forward for me is to accept they are there, to stop being afraid and to stop hiding, and learn to live with them and control them, as opposed to letting them control me."

The latter is what I'm personally leaning towards, because we know know that Sanderson has decided to treat her as a more authentic representation of DID.

But then... there's also been subtle hints across WoR and OB that there's possibly still more to see in her own past, and Brandon's also implied that it will eventually be made clear when Pattern was attracted to her and exactly how far along she was before she regressed, so for all we know, we might even be up for a curveball like "I have never been Shallan."