Instrumentalist guild

Instrumentalists guild  

33 members have voted

1. 1. What instrument(s) do you play?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I used to be in marching band and play clarinet, but I left the band because my family was worried about Covid... I haven't really touched my instrument in a few months because of that, but I can probably still play it decently. My school also won our final marching band competition in 2019, so that's kind of cool. 

Also, I don't think I've ever seen someone play a contra-alto clarinet. I'm intrigued now. 

I play clarinet and used to play piano! 

29 minutes ago, Flying said:

I used to be in marching band and play clarinet, but I left the band because my family was worried about Covid... I haven't really touched my instrument in a few months because of that, but I can probably still play it decently. My school also won our final marching band competition in 2019, so that's kind of cool. 

Also, I don't think I've ever seen someone play a contra-alto clarinet. I'm intrigued now. 

I...have not touched my clarinet for several months as well.:ph34r:

25 minutes ago, midnight13 said:

I play clarinet and used to play piano! 

I...have not touched my clarinet for several months as well.:ph34r:

Mine is in it's case and I always feel bad whenever I look at it, but also I'm too lazy to take it out and practice :P

Hi, I play guitar, uke, and piano. I'm trying to learn the ocarina, but I'm not very good at it. I quit piano about when the pandemic started. I only like to play songs on piano that I want to try to sing. I do voice lessons, but I still kind of suck at it. My guitar and uke teacher is Youtube.

11 hours ago, Isabelle6060 said:

Hi, I play guitar, uke, and piano. I'm trying to learn the ocarina, but I'm not very good at it. I quit piano about when the pandemic started. I only like to play songs on piano that I want to try to sing. I do voice lessons, but I still kind of suck at it. My guitar and uke teacher is Youtube.

OOo Ocarinas are so cute. I'm learning a piece that needs one, but I don't own one so I use my piccolo instead.  

On 1/19/2021 at 10:19 AM, FriarFritz said:

... how many pieces actually have parts for contra-alto clarinet?

Like 0. I just end up playing Tuna music. Though I actually prefer playing Tuba music since its usually lower than the contra-alto part and the contra part usually is right on the break between the upper register and the lower register.

Edited by Durrin
Fixed spelling error