Instrumentalist guild

Instrumentalists guild  

33 members have voted

1. 1. What instrument(s) do you play?

So I thought I’d make a general guild for ALL the musicians that play stuff, cuz there’s a lot of instruments. I wonder how many instrumentalists there are on the shard. I play oboe, voice, and piano. I love music and I hope I am one of many in the shard. I also hope I included all the big ones in the poll. If I missed some, please let me know.

Edited by Koloss17

I've played violin for 9 years (and by extension mandolin), a bit of piano, voice, and I'm learning guitar. My favorite genres on violin are movie and video game soundtracks and fiddle tunes. Unfortunately, I had a really bad orchestra teacher who made me hate orchestra and dislike the violin. I quit private lessons and didn't play for a long time, but lately I've been picking it back up. My mom taught me a bit of piano, and I've been in choir for four years. I'm also taking a guitar class at my school.

28 minutes ago, Truthless of Shinovar said:

@Koloss17, two things:

1) Could you make the poll public so that we’re able to see who voted to what and connect with our instrumental brothers and sisters?

2) What? No recorder?:P

Thanks for the poll recommendations. This is the first time a made a poll in a post, so I like the help. also, if enough people think recorder should be one of em, I’ll add it :P, but I feel that since pretty much everyone has played the recorder, it might screw up the poll. I find it interesting that a whole lot of fingerings for the recorder are the same on the oboe.

1 hour ago, Koloss17 said:

Thanks for the poll recommendations. This is the first time a made a poll in a post, so I like the help. also, if enough people think recorder should be one of em, I’ll add it :P, but I feel that since pretty much everyone has played the recorder, it might screw up the poll. I find it interesting that a whole lot of fingerings for the recorder are the same on the oboe.

Oh yeah, sorry, I meant the recorder part as a joke:P

2 hours ago, revelryintheart said:

bro @Truthless of Shinovar you play violin also? For how long? What is your favorite style of music to play?

Hehe... I haven’t played the violin in two and a half years, but I played in middle school orchestra for all three years I attended! I really enjoy playing Gaelic-styled music, I think it sounds really beautiful on the violin. How about you?

On 9/6/2020 at 0:06 AM, Truthless of Shinovar said:

Hehe... I haven’t played the violin in two and a half years, but I played in middle school orchestra for all three years I attended! I really enjoy playing Gaelic-styled music, I think it sounds really beautiful on the violin. How about you?

I like Old Time and Metis (Native American) fiddle, soundtracks (like Zelda and Lord of the Rings), and Spanish music. 

Have you (and everyone else here) ever watched the YouTube channel TwoSet Violin? They're really funny, and even my brother who doesn't play music likes them.

• 2 weeks later...