• Soprano
    • Mezzo-Soprano
    • Contralto
    • Countertenor
    • Tenor
    • Baritone
    • Bass
    • Other

I haven’t before now. . . They’re really good!

Spoiler
Spoiler
Quotes are terrible please don’t use them or you will be cursed. Use them like this to be cool. 
Yay for originality!

Edited by Bearer of all agonies

15 hours ago, The Awakened Salad said:

I sing in the shower :P

I really like singing, but it’s more something I do for myself when I’m alone. I hate people hearing me sing. 

YES

Edit: I have to do a solo next week and I'm freaking out. I just got the music today AND I've only ever performed (voice) once and it didn't go great.

Edited by revelryintheart

9 hours ago, Condensation said:

How do I do that? I'm looking, I'm looking. If I can't find it, Mist can help me.

Oh you use the edit tool on the original post, then at the top, there is a content section. You click that and you are presented the poll option. Then you click poll and make the poll.

hope this is helpful.

Oh and the icing on the cake of my solo is that the song is too high for my range. We're all singing the same song (Homeward Bound) and it's available in three keys. The lowest one is in D, so the highest note is a D right above the C an octave about middle C. AND THAT"S RIGHT WHERE MY BREAK IS. So ugh.

2 minutes ago, revelryintheart said:

Oh and the icing on the cake of my solo is that the song is too high for my range. We're all singing the same song (Homeward Bound) and it's available in three keys. The lowest one is in D, so the highest note is a D right above the C an octave about middle C. AND THAT"S RIGHT WHERE MY BREAK IS. So ugh.

Oh, no! Just try to take deep breaths, do whatever you normally do to calm down right before. Also, make sure to warm up a lot. You might also want to use something for throat coat to help, though that might be more for theatre, when you're singing through an entire show. What I usually use for throat coat is hot lemon water, which sounds gross but is actually really good. Some people's voices react badly to dairy, while I know other people who use straight sweetened condensed milk for their throat coat. It all depends on your voice, but I'm sure you'll do great, Rev!!

8 hours ago, Condensation said:

Am I the only soprano here so far? I can also sing alto, I have a really wide range, but I prefer the high notes.

I'm actually more like...right in between mezzo and high soprano, but I really like singing harmonies, so mezzo is more fun for me. Although, those high notes are also really really fun.

2 minutes ago, Condensation said:

That's all right, we were all made differently, and just because my voice is unnaturally high doesn't mean that yours should be, or even that mine is better(it's not, although it is rather fun to sing those high notes).

I read that as "even though mine's better" and I was like ok then Condensation I see how it is