• Soprano
    • Mezzo-Soprano
    • Contralto
    • Countertenor
    • Tenor
    • Baritone
    • Bass
    • Other

This is for people who like to sing and have good voices!

Obviously, that applies to me *tosses hair* No, actually, it's true, or else I wouldn't have created this topic!

What do you like to sing? What is your range? Do you enjoy it or is it annoying? Have at it!

Edited by Condensation

I love music and dancing, but I don’t sing. My brother and sister sing ALL-THE-TIME! So sometimes it gets annoying. But I won’t be surprised if one of them becomes a famous singer one day. They both have great voices and they sing a lot. I don’t sing though. . . 

I can sing, (and would say I'm pretty good), but... I don't. I'm in my ward choir at church, with my sister (my mom is the director) but that's it. The choir at my school is like super terrible, and half of the kids there are only there because they forgot to fill out the elective request form (in middle school there was only 3 elective choices!) and nobody picks choir so it's open. So it's full of like a bunch of no-goods who don't sing. It's sad, but I don't want to join a choir unless it's an actual choir.

If I go to BYU (or really any college) I'll probably do a choir there where it's guaranteed to be an actual thing.

Edited by Matrim's Dice

2 hours ago, Shard of Reading said:

I used to sing in choir and was going to be the beast at the school musical but storming covid shut that down.

I am a baritone/bass and I really enjoy singing. (Why else would I post here?)

I was Chip in Beauty and the Beast last year at my school! That sucks that yours was cancelled, our fall musical this year was cancelled, too.

I sing in choir, and I do theatre. I think I'm really good, not to brag...just because I get pretty good parts in the shows and occasionally get solos and I got into the top choir at my school. I sing 24/7 at my house, and I'll sometimes walk into the bathroom at my school (which has INCREDIBLE acoustics, by the way) singing a high note at the top of my lungs. I'll walk through the halls with a friend belting out a very musical-theatrey song, so, yeah. I think I belong in this club. 

*hands in 500-page long resume, just in case.*

I’m a baritone/bass singer, but I remember The good ol days of alto 1, tenor 1, and tenor 2. I honestly was the most happy with tenor 2, frankly. I honestly just like singing whatever. Since I listen to  Panic! At the Disco and Fall Out Boy, I enjoy singing along to those. I also have an attraction to songs in a minor scale. Those are quite fun to sing as well. I am also in chorus, which is fun. No idea how chorus will work with Covid, though.

I'm a contralto but honestly I could be a tenor. I don't think I have the greatest voice, but I'm really good at sight singing. I'm in choir but I won't do solo singing. I won't even sing in front of my family. Unfortunately, this year we're required to do solos in choir so rip.

I love singing! I'm in the top choir at my school (finally) and I freaking love the people. I was thinking of starting a thread for this eventually but condensation beat me too it :P

I'm an Alto 1 but I can sing Soprano 2 and Alto 2 too. I mean I think I'm okay, but there are definitely people in my choir that are better then me. I definitely do not do Solos, mostly because I sing relatively quiet when I sing alone. (If I sing with other people I'm fine though. I guess I have a mental block when I sing alone, but I don't really think of myself as shy or quiet). 

My choir was supposed to go on an out of country trip this year for competition, but obviously thats not happening. Its okay, i'll live, but I'm still pretty sad about it. 

Edited by Hentient

9 hours ago, Bearer of all agonies said:

I love music and dancing, but I don’t sing. My brother and sister sing ALL-THE-TIME! So sometimes it gets annoying. But I won’t be surprised if one of them becomes a famous singer one day. They both have great voices and they sing a lot. I don’t sing though. . . 

That's sad. You know, as a general rule, the more you sing, the better you get.

16 hours ago, Condensation said:

This is for people who like to sing and have good voices!

Obviously, that applies to me *tosses hair* No, actually, it's true, or else I wouldn't have created this topic!

What do you like to sing? What is your range? Do you enjoy it or is it annoying? Have at it!

Now I'll answer my own questions!

I like to sing anything and everything! If I can sing it, I will, and I'll sing whenever. My range is low C(right below Middle C) to (Middle C, High C, Treble C, then what?) The A above Treble C. I love to sing! I sing a lot.

7 hours ago, DramaQueen said:

I was Chip in Beauty and the Beast last year at my school! That sucks that yours was cancelled, our fall musical this year was cancelled, too.

I sing in choir, and I do theatre. I think I'm really good, not to brag...just because I get pretty good parts in the shows and occasionally get solos and I got into the top choir at my school. I sing 24/7 at my house, and I'll sometimes walk into the bathroom at my school (which has INCREDIBLE acoustics, by the way) singing a high note at the top of my lungs. I'll walk through the halls with a friend belting out a very musical-theatrey song, so, yeah. I think I belong in this club. 

*hands in 500-page long resume, just in case.*

We were in the middle of rehearsals for Beauty and the Beast when we had to stop.

6 hours ago, I Used To Be A Fish said:

I'm a high tenor*.

I sound pretty good.

But I'm a high tenor so I'm disqualified from greatness

*When you're half way between an alto and a tenor, it's the lamest.

A lot of popular singers are high tenors.