The Dancer's Club!

This thread is for dancers. It doesn't matter what kind of dancing you do as long as it's good dancing, otherwise we'd get everyone on here.

I do basically everything. Ballroom, ballet, jazz, hip hop, contemporary, you name it. I've even learned some from other countries that I can't remember the names of. I really like dancing, it makes me feel better. That's why I started this topic!

Tell me about your dancing style, how long you've been dancing, just about everything. I'm glad to hear it!

I typically don't dance but I have a nice dancing story...

Heh.

At my (old) middle school, one of the PE units was dancing. We learned about basic steps and line dances and stuff like that. It never seems like it'll be fun- but basically you can just hang out with your friends the whole time during when we did the line dances (of course, you do actually do them) but it was the equivalent of getting to chose your own seats. Then, at the end of the unit, you make a group of up to 5 members and pick a song, and choreograph a dance for it, then all the groups perform it for the whole grade at the end of the unit.

Most classes picked a meme song a did a ten second thing. That's no fun.

Me and my friends- no, we did it to 'Earfquake' by Tyler the Creator (clean version, obviously) which isn't too bad of a song with the curse words taken out. Here's a link, if you care ;) And we choreographed a dance for the entire 3 minute song. It was pretty much the greatest, with exaggerated movements, and all manner of swag moves. We even wore sunglasses and hoodies as props, and were still-faced the whole time. My friends and I are like the nerds in our grade, so considering the lyrics of the song it was pretty ironic. We got thunderous applause and everything. It was probably the best day of 8th grade, for me. 

Then school was cancelled, and COVID. Yay.