Hi

Vailima

Hello all! 

I'm new to this forum but I'm not new to Brandon Sanderson. I recently finished my Stormlight re-read, though in the past I've read Mistborn, Warbreaker, Elantris, most of the Arcanum, and the Rithmatist (list is subject to my terrible memory tho haha).

I picked up Mistborn at an airport because I needed something for the long stopovers, and I recognised Brandon's name from from WoT (which was my first high fantasy love, to be honest). Instead of just keeping me entertained I got super into it, lowkey obsessed haha so here I am 

Thank you all for holding this awesome space for us to gather and talk ^_^

Hello and Welcome to the shard!

Glad to have you with us!

I'm not a Skybreaker, but here are a few rules of thumb:

• Never accept cookies 
  • Don't double post (You can edit, or hide your previous ones)
  • Stay away from Aon Ene*

Hope you enjoy your time here!

I used way more exclamation marks then I normally do

If you're feeling weird, remember I used to be a fish

*I'm kidding about Ene, she's very nice, once you get to know her

Thanks everyone! I appreciate the warm welcome :D

12 minutes ago, Experience said:

Welcome to the Shard! 

Who's your favorite character from all Brandon's books?

Ummm that's an EXTREMELY difficult question, because it probably varies, like my Radiant Quiz results, depending on what's fresh on my mind and what angle I'm approaching from.

As I've read Stormlight most recently, I'd say I think Jasnah if I'm thinking of who I would most like to be. I enjoy reading Kaladin's chapters, especially when he's observing other characters, it's always an interesting perspective. Rock is just the most blessed hilarious angel. Shallan has.... some similarities with myself, so her chapters are on the one hand, challenging in the way that they call me out but also deeply rewarding to reflect on haha. 

Special shout out to Shai and Gaotona, because I adore the Emperors Soul so much, and its often my way of hooking people into the Cosmere haha

50 minutes ago, Vailima said:

@Mist I usually get Truthwatcher, Lightweaver, or Willshaper I think I need to get someone who knows me well to do it impartially on my behalf to get an un-moody un-biased result haha what about you? 

Stoneward and Windrunner.

Welcome to the Shard! I'd say everything is subject to terrible memory but honestly I can't remember if that's true or not :D!

Oh and obsessive reading is a highly appropriate skill here, you're perfect for us! Which is your favorite out of Mistborn or Stormlight?