Musical Recommendations

DramaQueen

Do you actually listen to the musicals I recommend?  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Do you listen to the musicals I recommend?

2 minutes ago, DramaQueen said:

How do you know all these musicals that I don't? That does sound vaguely familiar, though... Could I get another quote?

It's because I'm an old timer :ph34r:. That and I have a knack for the off the beaten track.

If we could talk to the animals, just imagine it
Chatting to a chimp in chimpanzee
Imagine talking to a tiger, chatting to a cheetah
What a neat achievement that would be.

Just now, Nathrangking said:

It's because I'm an old timer :ph34r:. That and I have a knack for the off the beaten track.

If we could talk to the animals, just imagine it
Chatting to a chimp in chimpanzee
Imagine talking to a tiger, chatting to a cheetah
What a neat achievement that would be.

I've heard that song. I know for a fact that I've heard that song. But I did not know it was from a musical!!

• 2 weeks later...
On 09/10/20 at 0:51 PM, Channelknight Fadran said:

You know, people say this, and it always makes me wonder: why would anything ever cost anything other than money? Some things cost services or favors, but the vast majority of things require that sweet, sweet dollar sign to make things happen. So why would anyone ever bother to state "it costs money." Why not "It'll cost ya" or "It isn't free."

Sorry, that's always bothered me, and I needed to rant. Musicals!

ARABIAN NIGHTSSSS.

On 09/10/20 at 1:05 PM, DramaQueen said:

If you have ever heard someone sing Arabian Nights and hold out the "s," I am sorry. Did you see a performance by a bunch of snakes or something?

On 09/10/20 at 1:10 PM, Channelknight Fadran said:

ARABBBBBBBBBIAN NIGHTS!!!

On 09/10/20 at 1:11 PM, DramaQueen said:

How on earth are you planning on holding out the letter "b"?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

On 09/10/20 at 1:11 PM, Channelknight Fadran said:

Like a speedboat sound. The lip vibration thing? Just picture it being sung by a choir of machine guns.

On 09/10/20 at 1:14 PM, DramaQueen said:

It was a cast of snakes and machine guns?

On 09/10/20 at 1:15 PM, Channelknight Fadran said:

Remember what I said about discount cashgrabs?

I just had to upvote this entire conversation.

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Nathrangking said:

It is a good musical. The live action disney film was meh.

I love Emma Watson, and she made a good Belle, but I definitely agree that it was meh. ALSO WHY IS IF I CAN'T LOVE HER NOT IN ANY ADAPTION BESIDES THE MUSICAL???????

1 minute ago, Nathrangking said:

Why not the disney shows are classic?

You got me on that one. I had to look it up.

I have nothing against the Disney shows! Also, I added one for today, skipping the past two months. Have you heard of that show before?

On 9/3/2020 at 7:09 PM, DramaQueen said:

January 15-Day Forty-Seven Recommendation: My gosh it has been OVER A YEAR since I added to this. And why on earth is Hunchback of Notre Dame not already on this list?!?!?! @Tesh and I rant about this together ALL THE TIME and it is SO FREAKING GOOOOOOOOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YES EVERYONE LISTEN TO HUNCHBACK OF NOTRE DAME WITH MICHAEL ARDEN AND PATRICK PAGE IT'S ONE OF THE BEST THINGS TO EVER GRACE THIS EARTH.

:O

i am here :3

i'm definitely gonna check out six, i've heard high praise for it

And the music for Aladdin was so good (though if you ever want to hear me rant about the terrible character developments and designs hmu lol (i am serious though))

• 2 months later...

Couple of new recommendations that I'll add into the OP:

Starry! It doesn't exist yet, but there's a concept recording and it's SO GOOD. It's about the Van Gogh brothers and yeah it's really really really good

The Clockmaker's Daughter! This one is so obscure that there's not even a Wikipedia page for it, guys. But it, again, is SO GOOD! It's about a clock robot girl and she falls in love but she isn't really free and when the townsfolk find out that she's a clock robot they want to destroy her. It's quite sad but also so so so so so so good.

• 2 weeks later...