Musical Recommendations

DramaQueen

Do you actually listen to the musicals I recommend?  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Do you listen to the musicals I recommend?

46 minutes ago, Nathrangking said:

Another line for you @DramaQueen

I knowwww. I'm so mad at myself right now, I can't think of what it is! I know I've heard it and I know I should know what it is, but my brain is broken and I can't think of it!

I remembered it! I was going to go look it up, but right as I hit enter, I remembered it!!! I'm so proud of myself! I swear I remembered all on my own! I'll recommend that one tomorrow, it's a really really great show! :D:wub:

45 minutes ago, Doomstick said:

what about singing in the rain?

Oh my gosh you guys stop recommending all the good musicals for me! I'm not going to have anything left to recommend!

I love SInging in the Rain, Lena Lamont is one of my dream roles!
"Whaddaya think I am, dumb or sumthin'?"

32 minutes ago, FriarFritz said:

I was Mr. Maraczek. And sorry :(

That is so cool! That would be so much fun! And it's fine! :D

Edited by DramaQueen

I will recommend the musical Lizard Boy (DramaQueen I bet you haven't heard of this one... if you have congrats)

So... it's gay, but there's only really one gay song in it. So even if you don't like that stuff, I would still recommend giving the musical a listen and skip that song (The Woah Song).

And... the plot. It's confusing. There's little to no information about this musical, so it was kinda hard to piece together, and I still don't know what happens for most of it :) So anyways it's about this guy who has lizard scales all over his body because of a dragon attack that happened on Mount St. Helen's when he was a kid. (Yes, I know it's weird). He meets this guy Cary and idk what he does he's not that important. And they meet this singer named Siren who I think has magic powers? IDK.

But the coolest thing about this musical is that there's only three actors, AND THEY ALL PLAY THEIR OWN INSTRUMENTS!!! There's no orchestra, just a cello, guitar, and piano (and sometimes kazoo hehe) that they play while they're singing.

Favorite songs: Another Part of Me, Don't Know Where To Go, Trevor's Song/Overture, Myth To Live By, and Recess (listen to this one purely for the kazoo part)

Oh and btw skip 4th and Vine and Cary's Song.

Just now, revelryintheart said:

I will recommend the musical Lizard Boy (DramaQueen I bet you haven't heard of this one... if you have congrats)

So... it's gay, but there's only really one gay song in it. So even if you don't like that stuff, I would still recommend giving the musical a listen and skip that song (The Woah Song).

And... the plot. It's confusing. There's little to no information about this musical, so it was kinda hard to piece together, and I still don't know what happens for most of it :) So anyways it's about this guy who has lizard scales all over his body because of a dragon attack that happened on Mount St. Helen's when he was a kid. (Yes, I know it's weird). He meets this guy Cary and idk what he does he's not that important. And they meet this singer named Siren who I think has magic powers? IDK.

But the coolest thing about this musical is that there's only three actors, AND THEY ALL PLAY THEIR OWN INSTRUMENTS!!! There's no orchestra, just a cello, guitar, and piano (and sometimes kazoo hehe) that they play while they're singing.

Favorite songs: Another Part of Me, Don't Know Where To Go, Trevor's Song/Overture, Myth To Live By, and Recess (listen to this one purely for the kazoo part)

Oh and btw skip 4th and Vine and Cary's Song.

It actually sounds familiar, but I haven't listened to it or anything.

2 minutes ago, revelryintheart said:

OK how the storms have you literally heard of everything.

One day I will find a musical that you don't know, mark my words.

:D

My secret?

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

I watch Katherine Steele on YouTube regularly, especially the videos where she recommends musicals.

Okay I have one. This is the one chance I’ll have at a musical Drama Queen doesn’t know (That’s mostly because it’s a podcast musical). 

Its called 36 Questions! It’s about a couple who uses the 36 questions they fell in love with to try and fix their marriage. It’s a three part podcast musical, and it’s very good. I love the soundtrack, and the two main characters are amazing singers. 

One of them is mostly undiscovered (Jessie Shelton), but the other is Jonathan Groff (King George in Hamilton and Christof in Frozen). I’d highly recommend it. (Though it does have a couple swear words, so keep that in mind. Not enough to be explicit, but still something to note). 

Just now, Hentient said:

Okay I have one. This is the one chance I’ll have at a musical Drama Queen doesn’t know (That’s mostly because it’s a podcast musical). 

Its called 36 Questions! It’s about a couple who uses the 36 questions they fell in love with to try and fix their marriage. It’s a three part podcast musical, and it’s very good. I love the soundtrack, and the two main characters are amazing singers. 

One of them is mostly undiscovered (Jessie Shelton), but the other is Jonathan Groff (King George in Hamilton and Christof in Frozen). I’d highly recommend it. (Though it does have a couple swear words, so keep that in mind. Not enough to be explicit, but still something to note). 

I actually have heard of that! My mom discovered it and recommended it to me, but I haven't had time to check it out.

2 minutes ago, Nathrangking said:

Whatever works. I can do this all day. Dancing Queen.

When I was little, I remember jumping and dancing on my parent's bed to that song. I'm also turning 17 in a little less than a year, so I want to be woken up to that song on my birthday! (✿^‿^)

Just now, DramaQueen said:

When I was little, I remember jumping and dancing on my parent's bed to that song. I'm also turning 17 in a little less than a year, so I want to be woken up to that song on my birthday! (✿^‿^)

Good choice. It's a great show I have seen it multiple times on broadway.

Just now, DramaQueen said:

I haven't seen any shows on Broadway! I was going to go to NY and see some shows this summer, but then COVID-19 happened!!!

It's an incredible experience. I have seen some good shows and some worse. It is always an amazing experience regardless.

7 hours ago, Hentient said:

Jonathan Groff (King George in Hamilton and Christof in Frozen)

Jesse in Glee and Who cares in Spring Awakening because I only care about John Gallagher Jr.

Shrek. much like, very good. Who I'd be is my go-to family road trip, annoying car karaoke song, second only to Lily's Eyes :P. 

7 hours ago, Illwei said:

Jesse in Glee and Who cares in Spring Awakening because I only care about John Gallagher Jr.

Shrek. much like, very good. Who I'd be is my go-to family road trip, annoying car karaoke song, second only to Lily's Eyes :P. 

Who I'd Be isn't annoying! It is beautiful and gorgeous and LITERAL CHILLSSS!!!!!! Travel Song on the other hand... Not only is it annoying, but also, it's the perfect road trip song! Are you sure that's not the one you're thinking of?