Quick Fix 47: Multi-Man Melee

Sart

Elan walks past the excitedly chattering crowd, shovel in hand. These poor fools. They'll all be dead in a day or two. No real point getting to know any of them. He reaches a point about a hundred yards away from the throng  and sets down his bulging pack. He begins to dig. The holes are one foot down and two feet wide. He doesn't bother making a perfect circle. A few years younger and he might have done, but in this game no one would bother to examine his handiwork. If he did a really good job, they wouldn't even notice the dirt had been overturned.

The sun pounded on his back and the sweat began to roll into his eyes as he laid the igniter in the thirty-seventh of his little presents. It was nothing special. Just a bit of flint on the side of a pressure plate to let sparks fall into the waiting gunpowder. Once lit, the gunpowder would blow through the little sack of chalk (and the leg of anyone stepping on it) dispersing chalk and creating an incurable wound. Most victims would die of exposure. In his brief look through the roster, there seemed few of them old enough to have any real surgical experience.

He surveys his sack. There is maybe enough chalk and gunpowder for fifteen more traps, but only three more igniters. He curses the time crunch and expertly covers most of the trap with topsoil and leaves making sure plenty of air will reach the powder at the bottom. It is time to head back for the lineup so no one realizes he's already been rigging the course. 

45 minutes ago, Elkanah said:

Elan walks past the excitedly chattering crowd, shovel in hand. These poor fools. They'll all be dead in a day or two. No real point getting to know any of them. He reaches a point about a hundred yards away from the throng  and sets down his bulging pack. He begins to dig. The holes are one foot down and two feet wide. He doesn't bother making a perfect circle. A few years younger and he might have done, but in this game no one would bother to examine his handiwork. If he did a really good job, they wouldn't even notice the dirt had been overturned.

The sun pounded on his back and the sweat began to roll into his eyes as he laid the igniter in the thirty-seventh of his little presents. It was nothing special. Just a bit of flint on the side of a pressure plate to let sparks fall into the waiting gunpowder. Once lit, the gunpowder would blow through the little sack of chalk (and the leg of anyone stepping on it) dispersing chalk and creating an incurable wound. Most victims would die of exposure. In his brief look through the roster, there seemed few of them old enough to have any real surgical experience.

He surveys his sack. There is maybe enough chalk and gunpowder for fifteen more traps, but only three more igniters. He curses the time crunch and expertly covers most of the trap with topsoil and leaves making sure plenty of air will reach the powder at the bottom. It is time to head back for the lineup so no one realizes he's already been rigging the course. 

You bad person.

Vicki started fidgeting with her hair again.

Hitano was very confused by the actions of Elan-san, the old man was digging a hole. Being the curious high schooler he was, he decided to ask him exactly what he was doing. Upon closer inspection, it seemed he was putting some kind of explosive device in the hole.

”What are you doing, Elan-san?” He asked when he arrived behind the man.

Chakrami drew the circle slowly, trying to get it as close to perfect as feasibly possible. He had sharpened his chalk for this very purpose. People spoke to him, but he ignored them. The circle was all that mattered. τ radians in a circle, τ radii in a circumference, mathematical perfection at its finest. The waves that comprised the strange energy Rithmatists utilised harmonised best with τ. The circle was off by several millimetres. Failure. Start again. 

Oreo watched his competition practice circle. Fools. Did they think they could cram what had taken him 20 years to perfect? No, what they should be doing now is making alliances. Oreo decided to talk to some people win them over with his good nature and charisma. He walked over to some of his fellow contestants.

"So, Idiots. How do you feel about being destined to fail this battle?"

No one take this personally, Oreo is annoyed by everyone. 

Edited by Kings_way

Just now, Kings_way said:

Oreo watched his competition practice circle. Fools. Did they think they could cram what had taken him 20 years to perfect? No, what they should be doing now is making alliances. Oreo decided to talk to some people win them over with his good nature and charisma. He walked over to Vicki, Jes, Shard and Alex. 

"So, Idiots. How do you feel about being destined to fail this battle?"

"Um..." Vicki said. "I hope I don't lose, but that's not very likely. Would you like to be my ally?"

12 minutes ago, Vapor said:

"Um..." Vicki said. "I hope I don't lose, but that's not very likely. Would you like to be my ally?"

"Sure. Just don't come crying to me when you lose horribly." Oreo said. He was so good at talking to people, even if they were annoying.

@Sart, If two people attack one person, would a line of forbidance block both, or just one?

Edited by Kings_way

28 minutes ago, Kings_way said:

"Sure. Just don't come crying to me when you lose horribly." Oreo said. He was so good at talking to people, even if they were annoying.

@Sart, If two people attack one person, would a line of forbidance block both, or just one?

Vicki stared at him. "Are you always so cranky?" she asked quietly.