Quick Fix 47: Multi-Man Melee

Sart

Greetings everyone, and welcome to Armedius Academy's 36th annual Melee! As always, I'm your host, Tom Middleton. Joining me on the mic is my good friend, Ron Howard

It’s a pleasure to be here. 

You can just feel the anticipation in the air, Ron. We’re still waiting for the finest Rithmatists in the world to take the field.

Indeed. Each and every one of these students has trained hard for this moment, but there can only be one winner.

Of course. Ron, would you mind going over the rules for anyone just joining us?

No problem Tom.

The Rules:

Spoiler

This is a free-for-all game, which means there are no teams this game. Your goal is to be the last player standing. In the event of a tie, the player with the most kills wins. This game takes place in two phases: the Preparation phase, and then up to 9 Rounds in the Game phase.

Preparation Phase:

In the preparation phase, students decide on what strategy to use, and form temporary alliances. This phase will last 48 hours, and begins once the game starts. In this phase, PMs are open. Feel free to contact anyone you like to talk strategy. Please include both myself and the impartial moderator when making these PMs. In addition, you must choose a defense to use in the main event. These will be explained later.

Rounds:

After the Preparation Phase, Round 1 will start. Each Round lasts 24 hours, and PMs are closed during them. Each round, you can submit one of these three actions:

• Line of Forbiddance: Defend a player, usually yourself, from one attack

• Line of Vigor: Attack another player

• Line of Making: Swarm a player with chalklings. During the next round, they will be unable to take any actions.

Defense:

During the Preparation Phase, you may choose one of the following.

• Ballintain Defense: You cannot draw Lines of Forbiddance, but your LInes of Vigor deal double damage. 

• Matson Defense: Whenever you use Lines of Making, your target’s action is blocked on that cycle as well as the next.

• Taylor Defense: You cannot take any actions during Round 1. If you survive the first round, you gain an extra life.

• Sumison Defense: At the start of each round, learn the Defense of a random remaining player.

• Osborn Defense: You can make PMs during all of the Rounds. You must be included in any PMs you create.

This game will start at 8PM CST on September 10th.

Player List:

1. No Name Given: @Lord_Silberfarben
  2. Joshua: @Matrim's Dice
  3. Chakrami: @Gears
  4. Vicki: @Vapor
  5. Elan Haynes: @Elkanah
  6. Straw: @Straw
  7. Alex: @Illwei
  8. Shard: @Experience
  9. Character TBD: @TJ Shade
  10. Jes: @JesterLavorre
  11. Gwen: @Butt Ad Venture
  12. Faleast: @Ashbringer
  13. Locke Tekiel: @Orlok Tsubodai
  14. Reading: @Shard of Reading
  15. Mint: @Frozen Mint
  16. Oreo Wickerstump: @Kings_way
  17. Arturo Htiano: @Ventyl

Quick Links

Edited by Elandera
Update Player List

I'll play as Joshua!

This will be the first game of mine that overlaps with school, so it's sort of an experiment. But I wouldn't sign up if I didn't think I could do it! Hopefully my activity will be good, but don't expect the normal from me :P 

2 hours ago, Sart said:

Ballintain Defense: You cannot draw Lines of Forbiddance, but your LInes of Vigor deal double damage. 

Double the damage meaning you can kill 2 people? 
Is there a lynch to vote out players?

I'll sign up. Character to come later.

Heyo, Venture here!

Decided to get back into Sanderson Elimination, and I'm excited to do some heavy duty thinking about fictional murders again. And it's a Sart game, just my luck. :P

Say Hello to (Drumroll please) Gwen, the exchange student from Mainford Academy, here to show the Armedius academy fools who really knows how to win a Melee, and has no reservations about announcing that to everyone.

2 hours ago, JesterLavorre said:

This looks great, I was looking for a QF game!

I’ll join, if It’s okay that I’m completely new and this is my first game ever. 

Character forthcoming.

Hello! You most certainly can join, though you probably should know that this isn't a normal SE game :P If you've read any past game threads, you'll know that most of the time there are two teams, the village and the eliminators, where the elims know who the village are and are trying to outnumber them and the village doesn't know who anyone is and needs to get rid of all the elims. This will be a fun game, but it's an interesting one to be your first! :D 

(Also, I believe this should be pinned, correct?)

18 hours ago, Experience said:

I'll join as Shard. Some questions.

Everyone has one life?

Everyone's defense is secret?

If you have Balliton defense, does that mean that even if they defend they die?

Everyone starts the game with one life. Taylor players gain an additional life at the end of Round 1.

Everyone's defense is secret. Defenses are not revealed on elimination.

Exactly. A Line of Forbiddance negates one attack, but Ballintain attacks count as two attacks, so it pierces the Line of Forbiddance. If a player had two Lines of Forbiddance on them (presumably from a temporary alliance), they would survive the attack.

18 hours ago, TJ Shade said:

Double the damage meaning you can kill 2 people? 
Is there a lynch to vote out players?

I'll sign up. Character to come later.

You cannot split the Ballintain attack between two targets.
There is no lynch this game.

9 hours ago, Straw said:

Personally, I assumed that that meant it could kill players protected with a Line of Forbiddance or players with an extra life from the Taylor defense.

Yep, you've got it. If a player has an extra life, and gets hit by a Ballintain attack, they are eliminated. If they are guarding while they have an extra life, they still lose the extra life, but they remain in the game.

8 hours ago, Matrim's Dice said:

Hello! You most certainly can join, though you probably should know that this isn't a normal SE game :P If you've read any past game threads, you'll know that most of the time there are two teams, the village and the eliminators, where the elims know who the village are and are trying to outnumber them and the village doesn't know who anyone is and needs to get rid of all the elims. This will be a fun game, but it's an interesting one to be your first! :D 

That should be fine. It will just be interesting.

So, I’m assuming, your action for the round is secret?

For character, I’ll be Jes.

8 minutes ago, Frozen Mint said:

Is this a rerun by any chance? It looks familiar but I guess that could also be because of the Rithmatist theme.

I'm pretty sure it is, and with two new defenses. On the fence about joining. 

Edited by Mist

You know, on one hand I'd really like Faleast to collect a non-cosmere power. On the other hand, it feels like cheating to just sign up for a Rithmatist game that automatically wins him Rithmatics.

That and I don't really know if I have time...

Signing up as Faleast.

Who may or may not be very irritated at AraRaash, who may or may not have wanted to investigate Nebrask and may or may not have gotten them both possessed by a Forgotten.

8 hours ago, Ashbringer said:

You know, on one hand I'd really like Faleast to collect a non-cosmere power. On the other hand, it feels like cheating to just sign up for a Rithmatist game that automatically wins him Rithmatics.

You're not stopped by Brandon saying that any version of Earth has nothing to do with the Cosmere? :ph34r: 

5 hours ago, Lotus said:

Because I kind of am getting my wisdom teeth out the day after it starts... and I do not want to play this game loopy.

Maybe I'm in the Minority, but when I got my wisdom teeth out I felt completely normal :P.

Um...I guess I'll call myself Alex? I wasn't going to give a name but I don't like seeing "No Name Given" in the player list :P.