Siren's Call: an RP

Negative_Null

Just now, ProfetessaOscura said:

"By healing someone's skull so it thickens too much and constricts the brain or something?  I mean, if you have control over how bodies grow and knit together, I'd assume you've done some pretty messed up stuff!"

"Clearly, you don't know what you're talking about," Cruz answered. "And, frankly, if you keep bothering me, I'm about to cave your head in."

1 minute ago, Knight of Iron said:

"Clearly, you don't know what you're talking about," Cruz answered. "And, frankly, if you keep bothering me, I'm about to cave your head in."

Corwin jammed his hands into his pockets, a sour look over his face.  "Just the person who slits throats, my rear end."  He glowered.  "I'll shut up.  What's your bright idea?"

5 minutes ago, ProfetessaOscura said:

Corwin jammed his hands into his pockets, a sour look over his face.  "Just the person who slits throats, my rear end."  He glowered.  "I'll shut up.  What's your bright idea?"

“We could lure him into close quarters, or a trap,” he suggested. 

1 minute ago, Knight of Iron said:

“We could lure him into close quarters, or a trap,” he suggested. 

"He's fast, and we're slow.  He could outrun us if he were chasing us.  And in close quarters, we'll either have more of a chance at hitting him, or he'll just kill us all exceptionally quickly."  Corwin quickly said, forgetting his promise to shut up.

Edited by ProfetessaOscura

1 minute ago, ProfetessaOscura said:

"He's fast, and we're slow.  He could outrun us if he were chasing us.  And in close quarters, we'll either have more of a chance at hitting him, or he'll just kill us all exceptionally quickly."  Corwin quickly said, forgetting his promise to shut up.

“Trace can lead him down to the subway or something, then blow him up.” He frowned. “Or something. Point is, he’s picked this terrain to battle, so we’re fighting on his terms, an inherent advantage.”

11 hours ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"Hey, popsicle!" Trace waved. "Don't worry, I'll get out of your girlfriend's body once she's caught her breath. For the time being I'm worried on keeping her alive."

"You'd better." Cadenza glared when she realised who was speaking.

8 hours ago, ProfetessaOscura said:

Corwin's eyes dulled slightly, as if he was considering the idea.  Janice and Cadenza?  They did seem kind of close.  Whelp.  That made him feel about twenty times more awkward than normal.  He brushed it aside, looking to Cruz.  "That stinks.  You should have a little backpack with food in it; I've got some friends who always carry allergy medication with them in this cool little hip-leg bag that looks like it's from an apocalypse novel.  But..." he was rambling.  Real focus should be on the fight.  Right.  "They're fighting so close to each other.  He's kinda pushing that guy closer to the ice.  But...  I guess I'd be scared to try shooting at them, they're moving so fast.  Should we... focus on evacuation, then?"

Ha ha ha I love misunderstandings

"I'm not leaving."

11 hours ago, Knight of Iron said:

"What in the world did he do to get on the Queen's bad side? Is anyone on her good side?"

"A lot of people, actually. Vespyr used to be be before she wasn't." Trace looked around for a weapon, as if she could just find some scattered across the beach. "And Cumulo's nothing compared to the other Dreadlords."

34 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"A lot of people, actually. Vespyr used to be be before she wasn't." Trace looked around for a weapon, as if she could just find some scattered across the beach. "And Cumulo's nothing compared to the other Dreadlords."

“Then lets just run,” Cruz said, “And get some tanks and rocket launchers. If Cumulo’s still around by that point we can try to blow him to smithereens.”

It does suck that people play at different paces, but it is hard to slow and wait when absenses are unannounced and can span a week or longer.  In my post, Corwin asked everyone around him to follow him to watch the dreadknight fight.  Janice took Cruz’s knife and stabbed herself so she could explode, except the knife was poisoned and she fainted and Trace is in control.  Corwin gave Cadenza blood, and she used it to create a layer of zero-friction ice to freeze the area behind the dreadknight.  Dreadknight just stepped on it and slipped up.  Everyone has an attack of opportunity.))

Finn has been essentially rolling his eyes on repeat, but he does sort of respect Cruz for what he did and how he's facilitating the argument. He notices the Dreadlord's mistake, smiles wickedly and fires twelve arrows in quick succession, lobs a flashbang grenade, a standard grenade, and throws a couple of knives. He grimaces. If that doesn't kill the Dreadlord, well, he always has more arrows, grenades, and knives.