Siren's Call: an RP

Negative_Null

28 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

A supercharged bolt of lightning blasted into Brother Sparrow.

Vespyr had been waiting for something like this.  He burned more of the bolt he was currently holding, latching his hand onto Sparrow's shoulder.  Soak it in.  No, more than that.  This was a war he fought with Cumulo, forcing the flow of energy to burn around Sparrow's internal organs, around his heart, preserving his life.  If it had been lightning from nature, it would have been simple.  But this?  This was a struggle against Cumulo's will, Cumulo's strength in his own ability.  And it was very likely a war that Vespyr would lose.

He was unaware of Sparrow's debilitation of Cumulo.  He had no idea that, if he just kept struggling, preserving Sparrow for as long as he could, Cumulo would fall.  

He just.  Couldn't lose this man.

There is absolutely no fuzzing way that someone's Veil could nullify that much lightning. They're one-off shields, not force fields.

In any case, though, I'm pretty sure Sparrow would be okay, what with Vespyr doing his thing.

Cumulo shot into the air, the sand around him fused into glass and shattered. He hovered on a sea of charges, a field of swarming electricity surrounding him.

"How do you feel about round two, Vespy?"

1 hour ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

Cumulo shot into the air, the sand around him fused into glass and shattered. He hovered on a sea of charges, a field of electricity surrounding him.

"How do you feel about round two, Vespy?"

His Veil isn't just absorbing the blast, it's offering it a path of least resistance, if that makes sense. That's why grounding it was relevant. What Sparrow's doing is about technique, not raw power.

"What is your aim here? Have you not done enough?" Brother Sparrow interposed himself between Vespyr and Cumulo, waiting for a further attack.

3 minutes ago, Fallapede said:

"What is your aim here? Have you not done enough?" Brother Sparrow interposed himself between Vespyr and Cumulo, waiting for a further attack.

“I feel as though I should apologize for your demise taking this long,” Vespyr admitted, “His reasoning doesn’t matter, but it seems he’s a fool who has forgotten even the direct order of his Queen. If she wants you dead, it is because you are an unsuitable tool.”

Just now, Channelknight Fadran said:

Her head dropped, eyes hovering closed. She went limp.

"Darn this," he cursed, catching her. It'd be another minute before death, so Cruz had to act quick. He grabbed her by her shoulders and closed his eyes, drawing all of his own energy, and pushing it into Janice in the form of an immensely supercharged magical immune system, immediately vaporizing the venom from her system and healing the cut on her arm as if it never were there. He felt a blast of agonizing pain, and the drawbacks of his Aspect—hunger, thirst, lack of energy—began to kick in. He collapsed to the ground, fading in and out of consciousness.

"Granola bar...?"

4 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

Her head dropped, eyes hovering closed. She went limp.

Corwin let loose a string of unsavory curses that were hardly fit for the ears of his fellow children, much less the servers of the 17th shard. 

25 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"You know full well that you can't kill me," Cumulo said. "And I can't kill you. So how's about I start with your little kids, eh?"

"You must truly be terrified," Vespyr said quietly, "Sparrow is... different, after all.  And you always made missteps when you got afraid.  You were wise to fight me directly, to avoid collateral damage initially.  I could guarantee something swift, relatively painless that way.  Now..."  Vespyr flicked the sword in his hand, burning into the bolt of lightning.  He shot into Cumulo's electric field, absorbing as much as he could before Cumulo got wise, slashing out across Cumulo's arms and waist.

1 minute ago, ProfetessaOscura said:

Corwin let loose a string of unsavory curses that were hardly fit for the ears of his fellow children, much less the servers of the 17th shard. 

"You must truly be terrified," Vespyr said quietly, "Sparrow is... different, after all.  And you always made missteps when you got afraid.  You were wise to fight me directly, to avoid collateral damage initially.  I could guarantee something swift, relatively painless that way.  Now..."  Vespyr flicked the sword in his hand, burning into the bolt of lightning.  He shot into Cumulo's electric field, absorbing as much as he could before Cumulo got wise, slashing out across Cumulo's arms and waist.

His knives zipped out with inhuman speeds, catching Vespyr's blades and whipping around to retaliate.

1 minute ago, Knight of Iron said:

"...Trace?"

"Yeah. Janice is taking a breather right now." She looked down at the uncannily familiar body. "Poor thing panicked when I tried to break in, so it took me until she went unconscious to get control. But I couldn't exactly get to fighting then, could I?"

2 minutes ago, ProfetessaOscura said:

((I can't believe I've been looking at your profile this whole time and not really registered that it's Hornet from Hollowknight.  My brother's a giant fan, and the art is epic!))

Hornet is SECOND BESTEST GIRL

1 minute ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

His knives zipped out with inhuman speeds, catching Vespyr's blades and whipping around to retaliate.

"Yeah. Janice is taking a breather right now." She looked down at the uncannily familiar body. "Poor thing panicked when I tried to break in, so it took me until she went unconscious to get control. But I couldn't exactly get to fighting then, could I?"

Cruz keeled over and vomited, then wiped his mouth with a handkerchief. He pointed towards Cumulo. "Any chance you can explode that guy?"

36 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

((Myla is the first bestest gorl?  Or..?  I'm terrible at Hollowknight, but my brother 112% completed the game.))

Corwin had no clue about Trace's takeover, and seemed a little confused.  Still, he offered helpfully, "What if I were to punch you in the face?"

One blade held Vespyr's sword at bay, while the other slashed toward his exposed shoulder.  Vespyr silently retreated half a step, moving just out of dagger reach.  He had the longer weapon.  He just needed to be close enough, but just out of range.  He cut a whirl of attacks around Cumulo's head, shoulders, slicing feints at his legs, then shooting up to thrust at his chin.  Split-second attention needed to react, and committing too-hard to a defense or attack could put either of them in death's path.

@DramaQueen is the bestest girl.

"What?"

Cumulo wasn't so fast at action, but when it came to reaction he was unparalleled. Even the Queen--despite all her criticisms for him--had to admit that there was none with more reaction speed than him. It was nigh impossible to leave a scratch on him, and if someone did, they'd end up with a wound ten times worse as a result. It had taken years of grueling, manual programming to get his nervous system to work in the way it did, but it had paid off.

Vespyr kept Cumulo on the defensive, but only just, pressing him back... back toward the ground that, to his eyeless senses, had suddenly become smooth, not course like sand.  

Skates would work far more effectively.  The blades of skates operated under the principle that they melted ice and refroze it almost instantaneously, operating under a very low friction.  With zero friction, she would have exemplified speed and glide.