Siren's Call: an RP

Negative_Null

1 hour ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

Volts. Cumulo slipped his daggers back up his sleeve, searching for a means of escape.

Vespyr walked toward him, the blade swaying at his side rhythmically, blood dribbling behind him.  "I can't simply stop your heart, old friend.  You'll just restart it, and I don't have the time to play at a war of attrition.  This will be messy.  I apologize for the inconvenience."

Brother Sparrow moved slowly across the sand, spreading out his Veil beneath him. The two combatants were still a fair distance away, but his senses had been sharpened enough that he could hear them clearly. "Vespyr", he called, "I fear that you are about to make a grave mistake."

15 minutes ago, Fallapede said:

Brother Sparrow moved slowly across the sand, spreading out his Veil beneath him. The two combatants were still a fair distance away, but his senses had been sharpened enough that he could hear them clearly. "Vespyr", he called, "I fear that you are about to make a grave mistake."

"Can you honestly believe in a war with no death?" Vespyr called back, face still trained toward Cumulo.  "If you would speak, do it now."

"I do not believe that war is necessary at all. Even if it is, you are no longer killing in the heat of battle, you are executing a captive." Brother Sparrow had come close enough to feel Vespyr and the trapped man's pain, and he pulled on it, channeling his Aspect to see through Cumulo's eyes.

"Make your suggestion.  He is even now charged with his electricity to lethal strength.  How would you like me to detain him, to drug him comatose in a cell?  To keep him close, when his freedom could mean the death of every person in this city?  He knows his loyalties.  He knows where he stands.  If you have a suggestion that matches your ideal, make it.  My mind only sees that inaction is the cruelest step to take."

He lifted the sword to his shoulder, resting it there.  "Severing the spine should suffice."

1 hour ago, Fallapede said:

"I do not believe that war is necessary at all. Even if it is, you are no longer killing in the heat of battle, you are executing a captive." Brother Sparrow had come close enough to feel Vespyr and the trapped man's pain, and he pulled on it, channeling his Aspect to see through Cumulo's eyes.

((Gonna wait on Fallapede before taking further action.  What say you that we plan Cumulo has something up his sleeve and manages to gain an upper hand again, allowing time for Janice to get un-poisoned, Cadenza to effectively use Corwin's blood, and Finn and Cruz to start sniping, proving themselves efficient and high-stress thinkers of quality?  Cumulo may or may not make it out of this, but I definitely want Fallapede's input/insight, because Brother Sparrow has a really interesting character arc that I feel could potentially be revealed.))

3 hours ago, ProfetessaOscura said:

"Make your suggestion.  He is even now charged with his electricity to lethal strength.  How would you like me to detain him, to drug him comatose in a cell?  To keep him close, when his freedom could mean the death of every person in this city?  He knows his loyalties.  He knows where he stands.  If you have a suggestion that matches your ideal, make it.  My mind only sees that inaction is the cruelest step to take."

He lifted the sword to his shoulder, resting it there.  "Severing the spine should suffice."

"You are so used to violence that you consider nothing else. Perhaps not every conflict can be resolved without conflict, but that is all the more reason to try." Brother Sparrow strode closer and turned to Cumulo. "What did you come here for?"

On 8/17/2021 at 11:43 PM, ProfetessaOscura said:

"Sorry," Corwin said, "I don't exactly need to use the bathroom right now, unfortunately, and I don't think any of you would like using that particular bodily fluid in battle."  He positioned the knife over his existing wound, then he scratched the surface thinly.  "It won't take much.  Mix it with some water, about a 1-10 ratio should keep the friction affinity.  If you can manipulate it like a superpower, that'd be great."  He withdrew a bottle from his bag, catching the liquid.  "Just pretend it's strawberry punch," he said cheerily.

"Not possible, but thanks for that. I'll try. Bandage that!"

On 8/18/2021 at 6:37 PM, Fallapede said:

"You are so used to violence that you consider nothing else. Perhaps not every conflict can be resolved without conflict, but that is all the more reason to try." Brother Sparrow strode closer and turned to Cumulo. "What did you come here for?"

"Uhh... long story."

Just now, Channelknight Fadran said:

"Basically I got on the Queen's bad side and now I need to prove myself. Y'know; like you do." Cumulo gave Vespyr a sheepish grin. "So how 'bout it, Vespy? Go easy on an old friend in need?"

Vespyr lowered the sword to Cumulo’s throat as an answer, but hesitated, deferring to Sparrow.  Perhaps he trusted that man too much…  Not every enemy or monster would be won over with kindness, and most would certainly sink their teeth in the second his back was turned.