Siren's Call: an RP

Negative_Null

11 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"I've never had a body of my own to die in. I've died in other creatures' bodies before, but that doesn't really count; my soul wasn't completely infused in the body. It was just sort of... animating it, I guess you could say."

"So, you exist as, like, a soul," said Cruz, "While I exist as a body. I think."

1 minute ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"You didn't know that? I guess you wouldn't. They like keeping their cards close to their chest." Trace said. "Well... recently, you see, there have been successful attempts to bond a second soul to a body. Not just inhabit: infuse."

"Two souls in one body? How does this work?"

"Same way it always works: time and growth. Development. That kind of thing. Like I said, they're finicky. It's not an exact science: the failure rate was significantly higher than the successes."

"So there are successes—why am I just hearing about this now?"

8 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"Because the experiments weren't exactly legal or humane. Plus there's always the unspoken mutual consent not to hasten the inevitable end of the world."

"But they've figured out how to do it? That's insane. What else have they been up to?"

"Trying to determine what ramifications that having two souls have. The most obvious is a person with two Aspects, but that's just the beginning, really."

"Do they take someone's soul from one body and infuse it in someone else's?"

"Not exactly. Bodies are vessels designed to maintain a soul, not just an empty shell that souls sit around in." Trace shrugged. "But I guess that's still what you're saying. I don't think they've been making completely human souls, per say. They're probably just making a soul from some basic qhoral elements and infusing it into a creature."

Just now, Channelknight Fadran said:

"Not exactly. Bodies are vessels designed to maintain a soul, not just an empty shell that souls sit around in." Trace shrugged. "But I guess that's still what you're saying. I don't think they've been making completely human souls, per say. They're probably just making a soul from some basic qhoral elements and infusing it into a creature."

"Basic qhoral elements, huh?" Cruz shook his head. "That stuff, as horrible as it sounds, does sound a bit cool."