Siren's Call: an RP

Negative_Null

1 minute ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"Let me see? I'm kinda the expert on qhoral."

Cruz leafed through his newfound collection and grabbed a report he had snagged off of some rich noble. "Try that," he said, setting it down on the floor, "I'm thinking maybe knowing stuff could help out, maybe, possibly. We're talking about the Qhoral Queen, after all."

"Exactly why I know things." Trace skimmed over the report. "Oh. This is just a regular power-mass report. Fun fact, Cruz: Qhoral does things."

"Oh, really? I never would have guessed." Cruz grabbed the report back and tossed it into the pile. "Anyway, how'd the scouting go?"

Just now, Channelknight Fadran said:

"Nope." Trace sat down on an invisible chair. "But anyways... I do kinda wish I could speak to Vespyr; though I bet he already knows all about the other Dreadlords."

"Where is Vespyr, anyway?" Cruz asked. "And... what are Dreadlords? I'm afraid I'm a bit unaware as to what's been going on, as I do not possess the ability to pop around places as I please."

"Dreadlords are kind of like elite yevon warriors. I was a... I guess you could call it a squire? My job was to either merge my soul with Janice or simply take over her body completely. Once that was done, I'd be a full Dreadlord. There are... well, I don't actually know how many there are. The Queen likes to keep her secrets."

Just now, Channelknight Fadran said:

"Dreadlords are kind of like elite yevon warriors. I was a... I guess you could call it a squire? My job was to either merge my soul with Janice or simply take over her body completely. Once that was done, I'd be a full Dreadlord. There are... well, I don't actually know how many there are. The Queen likes to keep her secrets."

"And that's what Vespyr is?" Cruz asked. "You mean there are more Vespyrs!?"

"I'm pretty sure that's what Vespyr is. And... yeah. Not the same powers, but in the same caliber."

@ProfetessaOscura

"So... what's the plan on saving you, then? Is that what Janice is trying to do now? Or is it just me?"

Edited by Knight of Iron

2 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"As long as everyone's fighting the Queen, then saving me is a kinda... unintentional side goal of sorts."

Cruz frowned. "How 'bout we save you first, then we can kill the Queen—and don't tell me how that's not possible again, I don't want to hear it."

Trace faded back into existence and collapsed down onto the floor, sinking about halfway through with her intangibility. She was breathing heavily, despite the fact that ghosts don't really need air.

"Trace!" he cried, moving as if to support her despite her not being solid. "What... what's she doing to you?"

After a few moments, Trace pulled herself out of the floor and leaned against the wall, her hand sinking in up to her wrist. "I'm... stupid. I was trying to teleport to the Queen's hive, but I... ended up gravitating right towards my body, which, if you might recall, is currently in a perpetual state of torture."

3 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

After a few moments, Trace pulled herself out of the floor and leaned against the wall, her hand sinking in up to her wrist. "I'm... stupid. I was trying to teleport to the Queen's hive, but I... ended up gravitating right towards my body, which, if you might recall, is currently in a perpetual state of torture."

Cruz stood up. "She's horrible—see, this is why we need to do something. Like, now."

2 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"Well... yeah, duh. But also we'll probably have front-row seats for the Queen selecting more Dreadlords and... I dunno. Taking over the universe or something."

Cruz shrugged, then changed the subject a bit. "Where did you come from? Did the Queen, like, create you?"