Siren's Call: an RP

Negative_Null

8 minutes ago, ProfetessaOscura said:

“Those two... an Ice girl and an explosive child?  They just showed up the other day and enrolled. I can take you to them.”

Well that was easy. "Won't you please?" Remembering some of his manners, Jay held out a hand. "Jay Argentae."

5 minutes ago, Negative_Null said:

Well that was easy. "Won't you please?" Remembering some of his manners, Jay held out a hand. "Jay Argentae."

She took his hand firmly in calloused, weathered hands.  "Wren Clawthorne," she said, as though it was habitual.  "The small one was injured and should be in the infirmary.  I think her friend is in there with her as well."  Wren couldn't have known that Janice had left the infirmary, but at least it would get him to Cadenza.  "Are you looking to join the assault?"

28 minutes ago, ProfetessaOscura said:

She took his hand firmly in calloused, weathered hands.  "Wren Clawthorne," she said, as though it was habitual.  "The small one was injured and should be in the infirmary.  I think her friend is in there with her as well."  Wren couldn't have known that Janice had left the infirmary, but at least it would get him to Cadenza.  "Are you looking to join the assault?"

Jay smirked. Why was he not surprised that Janice was injured yet again? He hoped she was alright. And what was the assault  happening? "We'll have to see about that. I'm their friend."

4 hours ago, Negative_Null said:

Jay smirked. Why was he not surprised that Janice was injured yet again? He hoped she was alright. And what was the assault  happening? "We'll have to see about that. I'm their friend."

She shrugged.  "Suit yourself."  She led the way, shouldering the rifle.  "You got a story?"

44 minutes ago, ProfetessaOscura said:

She shrugged.  "Suit yourself."  She led the way, shouldering the rifle.  "You got a story?"

"Many, but most recently I seem to have dropped out of the one I'm supposed to be in. I was hired to protect Aryanna and things got... a little out of hand. You might know more than me judging by that news broadcast. At this point I just feel some measure of responsibility for them, especially Janice. She's still a little kid."

5 minutes ago, Negative_Null said:

"Many, but most recently I seem to have dropped out of the one I'm supposed to be in. I was hired to protect Aryanna and things got... a little out of hand. You might know more than me judging by that news broadcast. At this point I just feel some measure of responsibility for them, especially Janice. She's still a little kid."

“If you’re legally responsible, you can withdraw them from this fight,” she informed slowly. “It’s... going to be dangerous.”

21 hours ago, ProfetessaOscura said:

“If you’re legally responsible, you can withdraw them from this fight,” she informed slowly. “It’s... going to be dangerous.”

Jay sighs. "They usually are. Hasn't stopped me before though"

On 5/24/2021 at 4:18 PM, Negative_Null said:

I mean... technically, Cadenza's the small one here. Since, y'know, they're around the same age and Cadenza's a shortie.

2 hours ago, ProfetessaOscura said:

She nodded.  "Just as long as you and your team are sure of the risks.  I'll be in charge of the journey and ships."  She led him into the entrance of the hall, then towards the infirmary.

Jay looked around the place, trying to get a sense of what was going on. It was certainly larger than he expected for a brand new academy

1 hour ago, Negative_Null said:

Jay looked around the place, trying to get a sense of what was going on. It was certainly larger than he expected for a brand new academy

She noticed. “It’s built from the earth. Pulled up by the will and mind of the headmaster. It’s... a little humbling to realize there are those who wield power so effectively.”

10 hours ago, Negative_Null said:

Kay. Enough catchup RPing. HUG TIME.

Janice squealed and dropped her book, running out the classroom and down the hall before jumping up and grabbing Jay in a great big hug. "JAY!"

1 hour ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

Janice squealed and dropped her book, running out the classroom and down the hall before jumping up and grabbing Jay in a great big hug. "JAY!"

Corwin jumped from all the way across the academy.  He clutched his arm, wincing.  "Well," he said to Cadenza, "Something had better be attacking your friend, cuz otherwise, there's no justification for being that loud."

3 hours ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"Janice! You're ok!" He caught her and spun her around, feeling like a dad that just got home from a long time away