Siren's Call: an RP

Negative_Null

"Sounds like Vespyr's called dibs on that. He's got a score to settle." Trace stood up. "Well I'm gonna go scout out the area. See you back at the lair." She winked and vanished.

What should the lair be? An underground base? A commandeered donut shop? A couple cardboard boxes stacked up in an alleyway somewhere, complete with little sharpie windows and tech?

11 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"Sounds like Vespyr's called dibs on that. He's got a score to settle." Trace stood up. "Well I'm gonna go scout out the area. See you back at the lair." She winked and vanished.

Hmm... probably somewhere they could've commandeered easily, probably someplace abandoned. Abandoned donut shop? Abandoned yacht? Actually no, no more water travel. Maybe an old abandoned Western-era train station nobody uses anymore? I'll let you decide.

On 5/19/2021 at 7:02 AM, Channelknight Fadran said:

Janice, feeling cleaned-up and more normal than usual, walked up to Vespyr and tapped him on the shoulder.

"Hey, uhh..." She tapped her fingers together uncomfortably. "I'm gonna be doing, like... regular school too, right?"

@ProfetessaOscura

On 5/19/2021 at 0:27 PM, Channelknight Fadran said:

Janice sat down by herself at a single desk in an unused classroom, holding a pencil for the first time in years.

@ProfetessaOscura

Vespyr raised the skin where his eyebrows had once been.  "You are eager to learn, after such an attack?"  He quickly regained his still features.  "Very well."  He went to a shelf and drew a book at random.  "Take this to one of the instructors and have them teach you."

It was a graphic novel anthology, full of text bubbles and pictures.  Vespyr had meant to pull a reader or a math book.  He'd just gotten unlucky.

This is my first stop in my return under pain of death and also because I want to. So uh, hi everyone

Jay blinked. He still wasn't sure where he was or even when it was. Had it been hours? Days? Months? He felt like he'd been in a haze since he'd left the others, however long ago that had been. Or even why he'd left. There were some huge holes in his memory, the kind he'd seen in drug addicts or battle-scarred soldiers. He supposed it had been a traumatic enough experience to have that kind of symptoms, but still. He had a duty to fulfill and he wasn't sure where Janice, Cadenza, and Aryanna were, or even if they were still alive. 
He rolled out of the alley where he was, feeling twenty years older than he remembered. There was only way to find out what he was missing, and that was to go and start investigating.

7 minutes ago, Negative_Null said:

Jay blinked. He still wasn't sure where he was or even when it was. Had it been hours? Days? Months? He felt like he'd been in a haze since he'd left the others, however long ago that had been. Or even why he'd left. There were some huge holes in his memory, the kind he'd seen in drug addicts or battle-scarred soldiers. He supposed it had been a traumatic enough experience to have that kind of symptoms, but still. He had a duty to fulfill and he wasn't sure where Janice, Cadenza, and Aryanna were, or even if they were still alive. 
He rolled out of the alley where he was, feeling twenty years older than he remembered. There was only way to find out what he was missing, and that was to go and start investigating.

Jay saw the local news projected on overhead monitors.  The attack of the academy, the Yevon, and the defenders.  If he was astute, he might have recognized several of the fighters as his friends.  An elegant middle-aged newscaster gave commentary on the drone footage.  "Despite the initial assault on Vespyr's academy, the attack was rebuffed with only mild injuries and zero fatalities in a matter of minutes.  Several wonder how effective this assault on this mysterious "Queen of Monsters" is going to be, while others are lauding the victory as a sign of the future outcome.  In light of the attack, we are facing a wave of civilians exiting the city to stay with relatives or relocate completely. The majority, though, seem content to remain, in spite of whatever danger awaits."  

4 minutes ago, ProfetessaOscura said:

Despite the initial assault on Vespyr's academy, the attack was rebuffed with only mild injuries and zero fatalities in a matter of minutes.  Several wonder how effective this assault on this mysterious "Queen of Monsters" is going to be, while others are lauding the victory as a sign of the future outcome.  In light of the attack, we are facing a wave of civilians exiting the city to stay with relatives or relocate completely. The majority, though, seem content to remain, in spite of whatever danger awaits."  

Jay's eyes widened. "They're doing what without me?" He looked around for a passersby, a sign, something that could point him in the right direction

39 minutes ago, ProfetessaOscura said:

There were passerbys, of course. In the distance, he could see rough pavement, where the surface had been damaged. 

Jay rushed up to someone, knowing that his bleary eyed, unkempt, likely slightly crazed face probably didn't inspire too much confidence, but he didn't care. "This academy. Where is it?"

37 minutes ago, Negative_Null said:

Jay rushed up to someone, knowing that his bleary eyed, unkempt, likely slightly crazed face probably didn't inspire too much confidence, but he didn't care. "This academy. Where is it?"

The woman shouldered her rifle and raised her eyebrows at him.  She had hooded, brooding eyes that seemed to stare through him, as if he was made of glass.  "Are you alright, sir?" she asked.  "It's just up the street a few blocks.  Most of the students are helping clean up from the attack right now."

8 hours ago, ProfetessaOscura said:

((Did a quick sketch of Corwin))

Reveal hidden contents

Corwin.thumb.jpg.420227a452ff3620cd66acf984aab4c8.jpg

Y E S

He so sweet! You forgot his glasses

I actually tried to draw the "mooning mewler" scene but I was starkly reminded by the fact that I cannot, in fact, draw. If I could it would've been good but it wasn't so it's not.

12 hours ago, ProfetessaOscura said:

The woman shouldered her rifle and raised her eyebrows at him.  She had hooded, brooding eyes that seemed to stare through him, as if he was made of glass.  "Are you alright, sir?" she asked.  "It's just up the street a few blocks.  Most of the students are helping clean up from the attack right now."

Jay barely stayed long enough to mutter out a "Thanks" before dashing off in that direction. What was going on?

5 hours ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

...GLASSES...

((Well, I need to add them when I get home today!))

40 minutes ago, Negative_Null said:

Jay barely stayed long enough to mutter out a "Thanks" before dashing off in that direction. What was going on?

The woman twisted and looked at him oddly, frowning to herself.  After a moment, she began following Jay.  Just to be sure he didn't mean trouble.

46 minutes ago, ProfetessaOscura said:

The woman sighed abruptly, then gave up any pretense of stealth.  "You, who is it you're looking for?!" she called after him.

"Er..." Jay wasn't sure if they were trying to keep a low profile or not. Although, he considered, judging by the fact they were on the Scrynet and apparently running an academy, it was probably fine. "I'm looking for Cadenza and Aryanna." Who knew what situation Janice was in at this point.

44 minutes ago, Negative_Null said:

"Er..." Jay wasn't sure if they were trying to keep a low profile or not. Although, he considered, judging by the fact they were on the Scrynet and apparently running an academy, it was probably fine. "I'm looking for Cadenza and Aryanna." Who knew what situation Janice was in at this point.

“Those two... an Ice girl and an explosive child?  They just showed up the other day and enrolled. I can take you to them.”