Siren's Call: an RP

Negative_Null

"So this is the part where I tell you that you just haven't discovered what your Aspect's purpose is yet," Trace said, "and we have a deep, introspective conversation about meaning. But it doesn't always turn out that way. Maybe... maybe there isn't a meaning. Maybe it is just a throw of the dice, and you happened to show up with a useless Aspect."

She laughed. "But that's crazy talk! Everything always has a meaning no matter what! No exceptions!"

2 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"So this is the part where I tell you that you just haven't discovered what your Aspect's purpose is yet," Trace said, "and we have a deep, introspective conversation about meaning. But it doesn't always turn out that way. Maybe... maybe there isn't a meaning. Maybe it is just a throw of the dice, and you happened to show up with a useless Aspect."

She laughed. "But that's crazy talk! Everything always has a meaning no matter what! No exceptions!"

"You've lived a long time, surely you would know something about meaning? Or even just that there isn't."

Just now, Channelknight Fadran said:

"Well for roughly ninety-nine percent of that time, I assumed that meaning was whatever the Queen said it was: so, by extension, I believed that the Queen was unconditionally right about everything."

"Ah," Cruz nodded in understanding. "So... this is really the first time since the dawn of time you've had a chance to live a life as yourself?"

Trace nodded. "Yeah. Ever since Janice, anyways. It took me a little while to get promoted to corrupting humans: I was half-experimental, too. Felt pretty special until I figured out that humans are more loveable than rattlesnakes." She looked up and turned red. "Not that there's anything bad about snakes!"

8 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

Trace nodded. "Yeah. Ever since Janice, anyways. It took me a little while to get promoted to corrupting humans: I was half-experimental, too. Felt pretty special until I figured out that humans are more loveable than rattlesnakes." She looked up and turned red. "Not that there's anything bad about snakes!"

Cruz hissed as only a snake Sylven can in response. Then chuckled. "Nah, I know what you mean. And you're only called Trace because of... well, traces?"

"I was called that since before Janice was around. My presence on her mind just influenced how she chose to name them." She looked down. "Volts, I wish I hadn't been that way to that kid..."

"Hey, hey, hey, you were just doing what you've been doing for, what, thousands of years? It's what we choose to do now that matters. Or, at least, I've been told. Coming from a guy in a fake beard to hide from the..." he lowered his voice, "The entire town that would arrest me for my past mistakes."

"Death is probably the best fate for me." Trace looked out towards the horizon. "After we beat the Queen, I'll go find somewhere nice and quiet to live and die without ever bothering anyone again."

"And I will follow you there. 'Cause that sounds nice."

22 hours ago, ProfetessaOscura said:

Corwin grimaced.  He'd only ever spent 3 minutes with Cadenza, and she'd lied to him.  Sure, she was cute and he thought she was pretty cool, but Janice was acting as though she was leaving to give them an intimate, lovey-dovey moment.  He didn't even know what to do, because the awkwardness was thicker than cheese, and it filled the air.  "Uh... So.  Sorry."  He rubbed at the back of his neck.  "Your friend is certainly... enthusiastic?"

"Yeah, she can get that way. She didn't start that way, but I think it might be her natural personality."

8 hours ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"I don't know." Trace squared her shoulders. "I... want to live first. Repent, I guess; for all the wrong things I've done. I couldn't die knowing I could've mended the things I've broken. But once I'm done, I'll..." She nodded. "Yes."

Cruz nodded in understanding. "Usually, they say it's a bad thing, wanting to die. Yet almost no one actually wants to live on this place forever."

10 hours ago, Condensation said:

"Yeah, she can get that way. She didn't start that way, but I think it might be her natural personality."

“Pushy, in your face, a little controlling?” He asked, raising his eyebrows. “I don’t get it. You lied about your name and literally hid, but the second she waltzed back in, you all hugged and made up. What was that?  I... I don’t get it.”

3 hours ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"Some people do," Trace replied. "If they had someone worth living with. All the others at the Academy have each other: they have their own perfect little family." A shiver ran down her spine. "I don't... I don't deserve anything like that."

"Neither do I, doesn't mean we can't have it."

1 minute ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

Trace smiled, wrapping her arms and contemplating that. She might've also blushed a little bit. "Alright. Well... let me know when you learn how to become immortal, then."

Cruz smiled. "As soon as I kill the Queen, I'll get right on it."