Siren's Call: an RP

Negative_Null

1 minute ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"Thanks." Trace possessed Cruz, took a sip, then ducked back out again. "Not bad."

"There are tastier milkshakes, but this place didn't have any," he noted.

Alright, I'm saying they've just been hanging out / gearing up, with Cruz getting re-decked out in gear and stuff.

"So... I can hear the Queen's thoughts. When she projects them, anyways." Trace tapped the table, her fingers passing through the iron lace. "They were loud in clear when the yevon were here, but right now..."

G.......at.........le.

Trace shook her head. "It's all muffled and stuff. Murmers and nothing else."

Just now, Channelknight Fadran said:

"So... I can hear the Queen's thoughts. When she projects them, anyways." Trace tapped the table, her fingers passing through the iron lace. "They were loud in clear when the yevon were here, but right now..."

G.......at.........le.

Trace shook her head. "It's all muffled and stuff. Murmers and nothing else."

"Hmm... is it due to the presence of nearby yevon? Maybe we should find one?"

"No. I guess she just gives her orders by proximity as a default. Unless she's giving a direct message to someone, then it'll just be an area of effect with a frequency loss gradient." Trace leaned back in her chair. "I wish I could triangulate the frequencies... but I can only tell how far away they are, and even then it's only an approximation."

Edited by Channelknight Fadran

8 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"No. I guess she just gives her orders by proximity as a default. Unless she's giving a direct message to someone, then it'll just be an area of effect with a frequency loss gradient." Trace leaned back in her chair. "I wish I could triangulate the frequencies... but I can only tell how far away they are, and even then it's only an approximation."

"You're very smart, you know that?"

"Well I could hear when she ordered the attack and I could hear when she ordered the retreat. I'm pretty sure that, tactically, knowing these things are pretty advantageous."

"Ehh... just bust into her castle or whatever she lives in and take her out, is what I say."

2 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"If I've been around since the dawn of time, Cruz, then she's been around before time itself. You don't just take her out; not even Vespyr could do that, powerful though he is."

"Yeah," says Cruz, as he slurps down the rest of the milkshake. "I can see how that's a problem."

"She's kind of omnipresent in all her servants: including me, though I don't think she knows that." Trace poked up one of her ears. "In most cases they're just impressions, not worded orders. Most yevon aren't capable of comprehending organized language."

"Makes sense, as most yevon are animals," Cruz said, "But you said she's omnipresent in you? Can she listen through yevon? Through you?"

2 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"Omnipresent, maybe, but I don't think omniscient. I think that I can hide my presence from her well enough to avoid her direct attention, which is the only thing we'd really have to worry about." Trace frowned. "But... I can get where you're coming from. If she's using me as an inside spy..."

"Then she'd know a lot about what you're doing," Cruz said, "And that you're going to rid the world of her and be the new Queen, with I as your... uh... your butler who is secretly/not-so-secretly an assassin murdering guests you don't like."

"You'd make a terrible butler."

"But a great undercover assassin..." Cruz trailed off, then sighed. His expression turned forlorn. "If only my Aspect weren't so dumb, I could actually be in comparison to other fighters, like Vespyr."

Wow, never thought I'd ever use the word forlorn.

"Hey, the only thing that ever made me special was stealing Janice's Aspect. I've never had my own either."

"Yeah, but I can't even steal someone's Aspect... though I would if I could," he said, "But seriously? The universe gifted me a healing aspect? It's why I don't believe in any kind of supposed 'destiny' behind people's Aspects."