Siren's Call: an RP

Negative_Null

34 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

Janice, over the next hour or so, refused to leave Corwin's side as the people treated his wounds.

Corwin kept bantering with her about how he was perfectly fine, and how she was getting in his way -which wasn’t entirely true,- and how she now looked like someone had dipped a ninja action figure in ketchup, which was entirely true. His comebacks, though, were lacking. He glanced around for Cadenza. 

"Listen, Corwin..." Janice sighed. "If you want to have someone to watch your back, then you're gonna have to put up with them fussing over every nick and scratch you get. It's how it works."

Hopefully nobody tries watching my back and notices that it's still bleeding, Janice thought. Maybe I won't tell him that it's also law that we pretend like we're fine no matter what.

1 hour ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"Listen, Corwin..." Janice sighed. "If you want to have someone to watch your back, then you're gonna have to put up with them fussing over every nick and scratch you get. It's how it works."

Hopefully nobody tries watching my back and notices that it's still bleeding, Janice thought. Maybe I won't tell him that it's also law that we pretend like we're fine no matter what.

“Yeah, right!” He said, “I wish someone would fuss over your wounded back so you’d leave me me alone!”  It didn’t look at all like he was annoyed by her fussing. He just couldn’t let anyone see how weird it was to enjoy being cared about. He didn’t even know how to handle being cared about. “Just because you’re getting all sweet and smiles in my face isn’t gonna make me say we’re besties to go flower picking, painting nails, and talking about cute boys.”

"Why would we do any of those things? Flowers are boring, nails are gonna get scuffed up anyways, and I'm not interested in any cute boys!" Janice panicked for a second, then let out a sigh as one of the doctors checked on the cuts on her back. "Yeah, yeah... go ahead, I guess. I don't know why they didn't heal..."

51 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"Why would we do any of those things? Flowers are boring, nails are gonna get scuffed up anyways, and I'm not interested in any cute boys!" Janice panicked for a second, then let out a sigh as one of the doctors checked on the cuts on her back. "Yeah, yeah... go ahead, I guess. I don't know why they didn't heal..."

He smirked. “C’mon. I know you’ve fallen deeply and drastically in love with me, ya mooning mewler,” he teased, throwing his good arm over his eyes dramatically. 

3 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"What? No, no... I...." she coughed. "I don't know what half those words mean but no, I did not." Janice crossed her arms and winced as the medics started applying antiseptic. "And it almost sounds like you want to talk about cute--boys all of a sudden." Volts, did I just call him cute?

“Nah. I’m cute enough for myself. But...” his face turned a little red. “Cadenza... she doesn’t really... uh.  It’s dumb. We only talked once.”

5 hours ago, ProfetessaOscura said:

Corwin kept bantering with her about how he was perfectly fine, and how she was getting in his way -which wasn’t entirely true,- and how she now looked like someone had dipped a ninja action figure in ketchup, which was entirely true. His comebacks, though, were lacking. He glanced around for Cadenza. 

Cadenza was standing to the side, keeping watch on them without letting them know. She had conjured an ice chair and now sat in it nonchalantly.

1 hour ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

Janice glanced between the two of them, eyes narrowing imperceptibly.

"Oh, goodness!" Janice yelped, jumping to her feet. "I forgot. I have... uhh... life lessons with Vespyr, and I should probably get changed for that. Bye!" She booked it out of there.

1 hour ago, Condensation said:

"What about your back?" Cadenza asked, but it was too late. "Never mind, I guess."

Corwin grimaced.  He'd only ever spent 3 minutes with Cadenza, and she'd lied to him.  Sure, she was cute and he thought she was pretty cool, but Janice was acting as though she was leaving to give them an intimate, lovey-dovey moment.  He didn't even know what to do, because the awkwardness was thicker than cheese, and it filled the air.  "Uh... So.  Sorry."  He rubbed at the back of his neck.  "Your friend is certainly... enthusiastic?"

Janice closed the door to her room, breathing heavily. She pulled off the bloodstained ninja wrappings, tossing them into a nearby trash can. After taking a quick shower and pulling on her tank top, she changed into the one outfit she'd kept from their shopping session: a knee-length skirt, white button-up, and gray fleece vest. She also threw on the scarf, though it didn't exactly fit the theme.

After that, she sat down on the bed and pulled the blanket around herself. What had come over her? Vespyr wouldn't be available for at least another hour. Why had she just run out of there like a spooked alleycat? There wasn't any reason... right?

Even if there is a reason, it's not important right now. Janice nodded affirmatively to herself. Right now, it's the Queen and everyone to worry about, not... boys and crushes and dumb things like that. She pulled her knees up to her chest, breathing deeply. Did that mean now wasn't the time to worry about Aryanna and Cadenza? Or wherever Lloyd was?

She sighed. Maybe I'll just go with my gut on this one. School: yes. Friends: yes. Boys: no.

Right then, Trace popped into existence. "Hi there!"

"AH!" Janice fell backwards. She quickly composed herself, though, and pushed herself into an upright position. "I was getting dressed in here! Haven't you ever heard of privacy?"

"Hey, I waited!" Trace looked around. "Pretty... dingy sort of place. One would think that with all his power, Vespyr would've invested in decent housing..."

"What're you doing here?" Janice demanded. "You aren't supposed to be in the school!"

"I'm here because I learned something today." Trace continued examining the room, taking a silent note of what was in the trash can and quickly averting her eyes.

"Well good for you, but I doubt it was either 'give people privacy when they're changing' or 'listen to people when they banish you for time and eternity.'"

Trace chuckled. "Nope! What I learned is that I can hear the Queen giving orders to other yevon."

Knighty, are you planning on doing anything?

@Knight of Iron

Edited by Channelknight Fadran

Just now, Channelknight Fadran said:

Ah... eh... Cruz breaking out of court? I think it was mentioned he was on a boat somewhere, and then they landed, and someone went ahead to investigate, then I lost it. I can make something up as to how Cruz disappeared though if I need to.

2 minutes ago, Knight of Iron said:

Oh fridge. That's a ways back.

Uhhh...

So the island is where Vespyr/Siren's combat school is. The people signed up, and for awhile not much was happening plotwise until very recently when the Queen threw a few yevon at them to see how they reacted. The good guys won in the end and... that's about where we are.