Siren's Call: an RP

Negative_Null

6 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

Rig is not paying attention to where she's going at all.  Well, that's normal.  What isn't normal is the fact that she walks straight into someone.  

So, I'm just going to say that she walks into Janice, that's your character, right?

Also, I'm kind of recycling an old character concept here, would a crossbow or recurve bow be more suited to this world?

Just now, Spren of Kindness said:

Rig is not paying attention to where she's going at all.  Well, that's normal.  What isn't normal is the fact that she walks straight into someone.  

ANOTHER FRIGGIN'--

ANOTHER GIRL. I SPECIFICALLY TOLD YOU TO PLAY A BOY. WE DON'T HAVE ANY BOYS

Janice grunted. "Hello?"

Basically any weapon works, though they can also be technologically enhanced with qhoral.

Just now, Channelknight Fadran said:

Janice grunted. "Hello?"

"Oh, sorry.  Wasn't paying attention to where I was going."  Rig tugs on her sleeves, and stands up straight.  "My name's Rig."

Sorry, dude, the same way my one-off NPCs are default brunet guys, my default PCs are... well, brunette girls.  Rig's a character I've been interested in for a while though, so I wanted to do something with her.

Oh yeah, other thing, I don't know what the plot is.

5 minutes ago, Spren of Kindness said:

"Oh, sorry.  Wasn't paying attention to where I was going."  Rig tugs on her sleeves, and stands up straight.  "My name's Rig."

Corwin darted between the two girls, shouldering weapons, nearly knocking them both over. “Vespyr’s not at the school, and we’re getting attacked!” He announced, sounding panicky. 

The young woman in her twenties shouldered past, a rifle slung over one shoulder. “I’m going up to one of the higher windows. I’m taking the least experienced with me to do ranged attacks.  Corwin, you’ve been here longer. Go join Jaisen and Lewis with the frontal assault. They could use someone like you to keep the enemy’s attention while they deal damage.”

Corwin nodded, the boy darting off. The woman turned to them both, steel blue eyes stern, lips pressed seriously. “Are you coming with me to safer ground or staying below?”

49 minutes ago, Spren of Kindness said:

"How are you so calm?"

So, uhh... I guess all you have to know for now is that an ex-yevon-elite created a school of combat to fight against the Qhoral Queen (big baddie). Said school is currently under attack.

40 minutes ago, ProfetessaOscura said:

The young woman in her twenties shouldered past, a rifle slung over one shoulder. “I’m going up to one of the higher windows. I’m taking the least experienced with me to do ranged attacks.  Corwin, you’ve been here longer. Go join Jaisen and Lewis with the frontal assault. They could use someone like you to keep the enemy’s attention while they deal damage.”

Corwin nodded, the boy darting off. The woman turned to them both, steel blue eyes stern, lips pressed seriously. “Are you coming with me to safer ground or staying below?”

"What's the plan?" Janice asked, trying to decide if her sword was a good fit. "What's going on? Where are they coming from? What do we have to worry about?"

Just now, Channelknight Fadran said:

"How are you so calm?"

"What's the plan?" Janice asked, trying to decide if her sword was a good fit. "What's going on? Where are they coming from? What do we have to worry about?"

"It's how I am."  Rig shifts the buckle of her back quiver.  "I was sent here.  Orders?"

40 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

@Spren of Kindness @Spren of Kindness @Spren of Kindness

Janice started running towards the school's main entrance. A slew of tough-looking students had set up a front barrier there.

Corwin was engaged with multiple Yevon. Blows connected, but then glided off his skin, even the effects leaving him unscathed. He kept a few of them occupied. 

A crack from a rifle on the roof took one of them clear in the head.  It crumpled, and then its body began to freeze over. Another bullet struck one in the leg. It exploded, taking the leg with it. 

A yevon was running right at Janice.

It was running. At her.

Internal screaming.

Janice stumbled backwards and placed the sword blade between herself and the yevon, trembling despite herself. The yevon might once have been a wolf, but its fur was unkempt and missing in places. Overall, it looked quite... beastly.

It leapt at her, claws extended. Janice shied away, then screamed as one pair of claws took her right beneath the neck. She fell over, cries suddenly silenced as the weight of the wolf crushed down on her windpipe and severed the tendons.

USE YOUR HECKING ASPECT! Trace shouted.

With a gargled, bloody scream, Janice triggered her Aspect and blasted the wolf away. It soared up and over the brawl, collapsing in a heap several feet away.

Janice coughed up an unhealthy amount of blood, but sat up regardless. The pain of her wound was still there, but--feeling at her throat--it appeared to have healed. She coughed up the last of the blood in her throat and wiped a clean dribble of it off her chin.

Trace's form appeared beside her, looking rather disappointed. "Okay, kid. Imma give you the rundown on how to kill things. Step one: don't let them kill you first."

2 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

Yeah ok, that's what I thought. Maddy was standing right there, so she definitely would have seen.

When the yevon jumped on Janice, Maddy screamed. It was the most guttural, painful, real scream of her life.

"JANICE!"

Maddy ran over as fast as she could, ready to fry the yevon with her Aspect. But Janice did it first, and Maddy stopped short, incredulous. Janice felt at her throat, and Maddy stared, utterly dumbfounded, a few feet away. She had just- the yevon had-

Maddy shook herself and walked over to Janice, kneeling down. "You alright?"

24 minutes ago, Matrim's Dice said:

When the yevon jumped on Janice, Maddy screamed. It was the most guttural, painful, real scream of her life.

"JANICE!"

Maddy ran over as fast as she could, ready to fry the yevon with her Aspect. But Janice did it first, and Maddy stopped short, incredulous. Janice felt at her throat, and Maddy stared, utterly dumbfounded, a few feet away. She had just- the yevon had-

Maddy shook herself and walked over to Janice, kneeling down. "You alright?"

"I'm fine! I'm fine." Janice sat up. "'S what my Aspect does. Sorry, I... shoulda told you 'bout that."

Edited by Channelknight Fadran

1 hour ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"I'm fine! I'm fine." Janice sat up. "'S what my Aspect does. Sorry, I... shoulda told you 'bout that."

Maddy’s eyes widened. “That’s a powerful Aspect. I’m glad it’s yours.”

"I don't--" Janice shook her head. "Now's not the time to talk about it. Come on." She pushed herself to her feet and brandished her sword.

Kay. Trace appeared beside her and steadied the sword blade; best she could, anyways, without being able to touch things. Remember to keep yourself in a defensive stance at all times. If you're attacking, you're moving from one defensive to another. That way, nobody can chop off your arm while you stab them in the face.