Siren's Call: an RP

Negative_Null

2 hours ago, Emi said:

Shidala gasped. Then she got all of her power and made a the place they both been battling in dark. Now Elieen couldn't see her either. 

The shadowy-ness enhanced Elieen's power. She was invincible!

Elieen got ready to quietly move to the side. "Surrender." She then quietly moved a few steps to the left.

2 hours ago, ProfetessaOscura said:

He grunted, spun on his heel, and fudging decked her, full force, in the face, with enough power to kock a teenager on his butt. 

Janice flew across the floor, tumbling over herself as she crashed down five feet away. She grunted, but didn’t cry: she’d grown quite tolerant of pain recently. Her nose was bleeding, though, and it felt a little broken.

With a grunt she pulled herself to her feet. “Kay. I’ll do my best to not kill you.”

1 hour ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

Janice flew across the floor, tumbling over herself as she crashed down five feet away. She grunted, but didn’t cry: she’d grown quite tolerant of pain recently. Her nose was bleeding, though, and it felt a little broken.

With a grunt she pulled herself to her feet. “Kay. I’ll do my best to not kill you.”

“What the heck are you on about?” He asked, dropping his guard, standing relaxed. “I don’t understand you at all.”

1 hour ago, Random Bystander said:

The shadowy-ness enhanced Elieen's power. She was invincible!

Elieen got ready to quietly move to the side. "Surrender." She then quietly moved a few steps to the left.

"that would probably be a good idea. I will get only more damage from you. I surrender" Said Shidala, knowing that she'll lose.

8 hours ago, Vapor said:

I'm okayish now

10 hours ago, ProfetessaOscura said:

“What the heck are you on about?” He asked, dropping his guard, standing relaxed. “I don’t understand you at all.”

Janice concentrated her power—her pain—into a tiny, invisible sphere hovering just between her palms. She’d never really done this on purpose before, but it felt natural; to an extent, anyways.

She grunted and hurled the bead of force at Corwin, detonating it inches from his chest.

1 hour ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

Janice concentrated her power—her pain—into a tiny, invisible sphere hovering just between her palms. She’d never really done this on purpose before, but it felt natural; to an extent, anyways.

She grunted and hurled the bead of force at Corwin, detonating it inches from his chest.

"I don't get you at all," he was saying, hands on his hips.  "I'm trying to take you to get you all set up so as you can learn how to protect yourself, and all you want is to get beaten up.  And now you're doing another pretend ninja pose.  I think I'm done talk-" The explosion of force pushed him backward.  He felt the force of the hit he'd given her, and he staggered backward.  He was better off, since he was taller, and since it had hit him in the chest and not the face.  Still, he looked down at his chest, stunned, where the front of his already ragged shirt had torn.  A purplish bruise was already settling on his sternum.  "Alright, so we're doing this," he said, and lowered himself into a fighting stance.

8 minutes ago, ProfetessaOscura said:

"I don't get you at all," he was saying, hands on his hips.  "I'm trying to take you to get you all set up so as you can learn how to protect yourself, and all you want is to get beaten up.  And now you're doing another pretend ninja pose.  I think I'm done talk-" The explosion of force pushed him backward.  He felt the force of the hit he'd given her, and he staggered backward.  He was better off, since he was taller, and since it had hit him in the chest and not the face.  Still, he looked down at his chest, stunned, where the front of his already ragged shirt had torn.  A purplish bruise was already settling on his sternum.  "Alright, so we're doing this," he said, and lowered himself into a fighting stance.

Janice let out a sigh and cautiously mimicked whatever Corwin was doing. She probably looked ridiculous, though.

2 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

Janice let out a sigh and cautiously mimicked whatever Corwin was doing. She probably looked ridiculous, though.

He approached and got close.  This time, he wasn't taking chances.  There was a reason she'd demanded that he hit her before she could do anything powerful.  He wasn't going to play into that.  He went for a grapple.

Just now, ProfetessaOscura said:

He approached and got close.  This time, he wasn't taking chances.  There was a reason she'd demanded that he hit her before she could do anything powerful.  He wasn't going to play into that.  He went for a grapple.

Janice, being Janice, did nothing to guard. She tried throwing a weak punch at his face, but couldn't tell if she'd hit or not. Instead, she found herself collapsing to the ground under Corwin's weight.

9 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

Janice, being Janice, did nothing to guard. She tried throwing a weak punch at his face, but couldn't tell if she'd hit or not. Instead, she found herself collapsing to the ground under Corwin's weight.

"Jeez, are you happy now?" he asked, sitting on her back.  "Now, do you want to replace your actual weapon, or do you need to get lobbed in the face again so you can try smacking me?"'  He folded his arms and crossed his legs, still perched on the small of her back.  "If you need to save up damage to deal damage, don't let on so early, dolt.  You need to learn how to outlast a fight and take multiple hits, so when you do whatever you did, you can instantly overwhelm your opponent.  What you did, though, it might be best in a one on one fight.  I don't think it'd hold up against a lot of opponents." 

3 minutes ago, ProfetessaOscura said:

"Jeez, are you happy now?" he asked, sitting on her back.  "Now, do you want to replace your actual weapon, or do you need to get lobbed in the face again so you can try smacking me?"'  He folded his arms and crossed his legs, still perched on the small of her back.  "If you need to save up damage to deal damage, don't let on so early, dolt.  You need to learn how to outlast a fight and take multiple hits, so when you do whatever you did, you can instantly overwhelm your opponent.  What you did, though, it might be best in a one on one fight.  I don't think it'd hold up against a lot of opponents." 

"Well I didn't want to kill you!"

12 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"Well I didn't want to kill you!"

"Yeah, but you sure as heck weren't gonna win," he said, "And I'm sure if you save up the right stuff, you can knock someone out.  Like... five.  Ten punches?  Given in a burst, or in a lot of bursts one after the other?  I'm guessing that's what you did, cuz it sure felt like you hit me."  He raised an eyebrow.  "Better yet, you could learn how to give a punch."

9 minutes ago, ProfetessaOscura said:

"Yeah, but you sure as heck weren't gonna win," he said, "And I'm sure if you save up the right stuff, you can knock someone out.  Like... five.  Ten punches?  Given in a burst, or in a lot of bursts one after the other?  I'm guessing that's what you did, cuz it sure felt like you hit me."  He raised an eyebrow.  "Better yet, you could learn how to give a punch."

"I really don't know how it works. I didn't even know it was an Aspect until a few days ago. I thought it was a curse from the Queen, not a gift." Janice looked down at the qhoral veins running over her hand. "So I don't really know how powerful it is given any amount of pain... though maybe I should've figured that nothing you would do could kill you. It took a lot of pain in to..." She trailed off. "Anyways, I guess... I guess I'm just not really much of a fighter yet."

Just now, Channelknight Fadran said:

"I really don't know how it works. I didn't even know it was an Aspect until a few days ago. I thought it was a curse from the Queen, not a gift." Janice looked down at the qhoral veins running over her hand. "So I don't really know how powerful it is given any amount of pain... though maybe I should've figured that nothing you would do could kill you. It took a lot of pain in to..." She trailed off. "Anyways, I guess... I guess I'm just not really much of a fighter yet."

He stiffened. “The Queen?  Whatchya got to do with her?  And maybe you should talk out your thoughts. It’ll help ya figure out what you can do and what you shouldn’t.”

Just now, ProfetessaOscura said:

He stiffened. “The Queen?  Whatchya got to do with her?  And maybe you should talk out your thoughts. It’ll help ya figure out what you can do and what you shouldn’t.”

Janice looked back up, then ran her finger along the largest vein on her face. "What do you think this is?"

6 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"Yeah. I'm biologically soulless... apparently."

“That’s dumb.  Biology and souls got nothing to do with each other. If ya had no soul, you’d just be a drooling dog of your instincts, lacking ethical thought.”  He crossed his arms, lifting his chin proudly. He’d remembered something from ethics class. 

1 minute ago, ProfetessaOscura said:

“That’s dumb.  Biology and souls got nothing to do with each other. If ya had no soul, you’d just be a drooling dog of your instincts, lacking ethical thought.”  He crossed his arms, lifting his chin proudly. He’d remembered something from ethics class. 

Janice smiled gratefully. "Thanks. So, uhh... do you think you could teach me how to fight better?"

13 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

Janice smiled gratefully. "Thanks. So, uhh... do you think you could teach me how to fight better?"

"That's for the teachers."  He still sat on her back.  "My job is to fight others and get better myself.  That's your job, too."  He hesitated.  "You- could always ask Cadence."