Siren's Call: an RP

Negative_Null

12 minutes ago, ProfetessaOscura said:

((Ooooooh. So Janice could also be a security risk that no one will consider!  Interesting... ;) ))

He lunged at her in a boxer’s stance, landing a wary fist in her shoulder.  Did she... even know how to fight?

Janice yelped and guarded her face, grunting as she took a hit to the shoulder.

No. No she did not.

Just now, Random Bystander said:

She breathed in, concentrated, and disappeared. She melded into the shadows, becoming shadowy. She walked to her opponent carefully.

Shida looked around quicky, not sure if Elieen just teleported or dissapeared. When she didn't saw anyone, she made a very quick illusion box and then two of her copies. That was very tiring. Now it all depended on her luck. If Elieen will attack a different figure than her she will notice it and stab her.

1 minute ago, Emi said:

Shida looked around quicky, not sure if Elieen just teleported or dissapeared. When she didn't saw anyone, she made a very quick illusion box and then two of her copies. That was very tiring. Now it all depended on her luck. If Elieen will attack a different figure than her she will notice it and stab her.

She blinked. Huh. She went up to one of them, and tried kicking a knee.

18 hours ago, ProfetessaOscura said:

Vespyr took the blow directly to his skin, but although it struck with force enough to crush a normal man's throat, it now only bruised, the worst of the impact absorbed.  Vespyr dug both hands forwards, jabbing them into Sparrow's stomach.

Brother Sparrow twisted away, beginning to fall back down to the sands. "Your power is immense, but you lack creativity."

2 hours ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

Janice yelped and guarded her face, grunting as she took a hit to the shoulder.

No. No she did not.

"The hell are you doing?" he asked, putting his hands on his hips.  "Ain'tchya got a weapon or a power or anything?"

13 minutes ago, Fallapede said:

Brother Sparrow twisted away, beginning to fall back down to the sands. "Your power is immense, but you lack creativity."

Vespyr smiled, the expression stretching his skin oddly.  "Yes," he agreed, "I am not fighting you creatively right now."  He lowered himself, staying close, keeping his moves reactive to Sparrow's attacks.

2 hours ago, Emi said:

Shidala attacted quickly. She took a step and then turned knife to the other side, so she wouldn't hurt Elieen much. 

:)

Her abilities are similar to a shadow charmer's shade walking, but the ability is much stronger.

She immediately dropped to the floor, and rolled to the side.

37 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

“I... threw away my weapon,” Janice replied. “Apparently it was made of qhoral and the Queen was using it to control my Aspect.”

“How are you gonna fight, then?” He asked, dropping his fists. “Jeez, you’re just signing up to get beat, just to talk.  Oh, alright. I can’t hold much of a grudge. You might be weird and rude, but you don’t mean no harm.”  He sighed. “C’mon. Let’s get you something. What do you fight with, usually?”

1 hour ago, ProfetessaOscura said:

Vespyr smiled, the expression stretching his skin oddly.  "Yes," he agreed, "I am not fighting you creatively right now."  He lowered himself, staying close, keeping his moves reactive to Sparrow's attacks.

"Are you familiar with the history of these islands?" Brother Sparrow pulled back, lashing out with his Veil in order to clear space.

Edited by Fallapede

24 minutes ago, ProfetessaOscura said:

“How are you gonna fight, then?” He asked, dropping his fists. “Jeez, you’re just signing up to get beat, just to talk.  Oh, alright. I can’t hold much of a grudge. You might be weird and rude, but you don’t mean no harm.”  He sighed. “C’mon. Let’s get you something. What do you fight with, usually?”

"I... learned how to avoid fights, to be honest," Janice replied. "I was always a bit of a pushover on the streets. It's honestly an miracle that I'm still alive."

23 hours ago, ProfetessaOscura said:

“No,” Vespyr said, taking the hit. It, again, didn’t seem to do the expected amount of damage. Vespyr was absorbing the force of it. 

"Their control was not... agreed upon, originally. There was a great deal of fighting before the nations resigned themselves to their current lands. This is not terribly relevant, save for the abominations that many unleashed. Horrible things, fit only to slaughter and destroy. To this day, I struggle not to count myself among them. Do you truly believe you can measure up?"  Brother Sparrow stopped suddenly, staring at Vespyr searchingly. "Do you desire to?"

On 4/22/2021 at 3:04 PM, Channelknight Fadran said:

"I... learned how to avoid fights, to be honest," Janice replied. "I was always a bit of a pushover on the streets. It's honestly an miracle that I'm still alive."

"Tha's not what I asked," he sighed, "Everyone's got a story, and most of 'em are all the same.  What's your weapon?"

11 hours ago, Random Bystander said:

Elieen rolled her eyes, and then snuck up behind her, getting ready to hit her from behind,

Shidala sniffed. Maybe she'll be able to smell her. Unfortunately it didn't work, Elieen moved too many times

3 hours ago, Fallapede said:

"Their control was not... agreed upon, originally. There was a great deal of fighting before the nations resigned themselves to their current lands. This is not terribly relevant, save for the abominations that many unleashed. Horrible things, fit only to slaughter and destroy. To this day, I struggle not to count myself among them. Do you truly believe you can measure up?"  Brother Sparrow stopped suddenly, staring at Vespyr searchingly. "Do you desire to?"

"You ask if I will dominate through death," Vespyr said, "But I do not seek to dominate.

13 hours ago, Fallapede said:

"They dominated through force," Vespyr said lightly, "And so have I, despite how humane most people consider my actions to be."  Vespyr had been about to unleash some of what he'd absorbed right back at the Brother, but he stopped as well.  "I do not seek justification or forgiveness.  Those are beyond me.  I do what I must to save whomever I can.  After this assault on the Queen, I do not know my fate or future."

4 hours ago, ProfetessaOscura said:

"You ask if I will dominate through death," Vespyr said, "But I do not seek to dominate. They dominated through force," Vespyr said lightly, "And so have I, despite how humane most people consider my actions to be."  Vespyr had been about to unleash some of what he'd absorbed right back at the Brother, but he stopped as well.  "I do not seek justification or forgiveness.  Those are beyond me.  I do what I must to save whomever I can.  After this assault on the Queen, I do not know my fate or future."

"The lofty words of a tyrant, convinced by power of his right to rule and judge. Suppose that you succeed, that this Queen is defeated and the looming threat eradicated. Your responsibility does not end there; I shall hold you to it in the same manner that I hold that you shall live and be well. For now, however, you must prepare yourself to fight, for it would appear that you have so committed yourself. Face me, then. Until you defeat me, I am your only foe."

21 hours ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

Janice swallowed. "Punch me in the face."

“Tempting as that is, you’ve already proven how unsatisfying that’s gonna be,” Corwin smirked. “Why are you hiding it?  You said you used a weapon.”

19 hours ago, Fallapede said:

"The lofty words of a tyrant, convinced by power of his right to rule and judge. Suppose that you succeed, that this Queen is defeated and the looming threat eradicated. Your responsibility does not end there; I shall hold you to it in the same manner that I hold that you shall live and be well. For now, however, you must prepare yourself to fight, for it would appear that you have so committed yourself. Face me, then. Until you defeat me, I am your only foe."

Vespyr sighed and dropped his arms to his sides, lowering himself to the ground. His foolish friend was projecting lofty notions of kingship and grandeur onto him. “I am no king. I am a temporary tyrant, my friend.  Once the Queen is defeated, I can fade into obscurity, and grant power to those better suited to hold it. I act now only to preserve life in the only way I can see.”  Vespyr glared at his friend, which wasn’t much of a glare, as he was scarred and eyeless. “You have never been my foe, and this goal is not about fulfilling your ideals.”

1 hour ago, ProfetessaOscura said:

Vespyr sighed and dropped his arms to his sides, lowering himself to the ground. His foolish friend was projecting lofty notions of kingship and grandeur onto him. “I am no king. I am a temporary tyrant, my friend.  Once the Queen is defeated, I can fade into obscurity, and grant power to those better suited to hold it. I act now only to preserve life in the only way I can see.”  Vespyr glared at his friend, which wasn’t much of a glare, as he was scarred and eyeless. “You have never been my foe, and this goal is not about fulfilling your ideals.”

"I meant foe only in the sense that I am your current opponent. And as for defeating the Queen, what do you mean by that, precisely? Could you bear to leave her alive? What of those who serve her? You may not care for my beliefs, but what made you decide to fight in the first place?"