Siren's Call: an RP

Negative_Null

Just now, Channelknight Fadran said:

"Cadenza made a friend at the academy and I need to go apologize to him for being mean."

"Oh okay, let's go then"

you don't have school today that yu're active so much?

On 4/18/2021 at 2:49 PM, Fallapede said:

"It is impossible to be truly ready for such a thing. It is horrific that we would even consider the option, but such is the world that we live in. Know this, though; I will die a thousand times over before I let harm come to them." He pulled on the disparate threads of his Veil, wrapping them around Vespyr and pulling the two of them together.

Vespyr nodded his head.  "They... are too childish.  Too caught up in their squabbles.  I would not willingly put them in danger; they have much to lose, and have never learned to appreciate it."  He shook his head as he wove his hands in a pattern, then threw them to both sides.  The air lashed out precisely, and he shot up towards Sparrow, free of the threads due to his blast of energy.  Sparrow wanted to get close?  Well...  Vespyr wanted to see what the man could do, anyways. 

"Kay. Thanks." Janice stepped down and made her way into the arena. She just hoped that he wouldn't run away at the first sight of her.

Corwin was currently engaged in a fight with a rather attractive young woman.  The woman had skin that seemed to turn metallic, but she couldn't seem to land a hit on him.  Somehow... her blows just kept sliding off of his skin, no matter how solid her hits were.

Just now, ProfetessaOscura said:

Corwin was currently engaged in a fight with a rather attractive young woman.  The woman had skin that seemed to turn metallic, but she couldn't seem to land a hit on him.  Somehow... her blows just kept sliding off of his skin, no matter how solid her hits were.

Janice pushed her way through the duels, spotting Corwin as he dueled someone else. It seemed like he could be losing, but all her attacks kept sliding off for some reason.

Well... patience would probably be best here anyways. She sat down on a nearby bench and waited for them to finish.

Janice pushed her way through the duels, spotting Corwin as he dueled someone else. It seemed like he could be losing, but all her attacks kept sliding off for some reason.

Well... patience would probably be best here anyways. She sat down on a nearby bench and waited for them to finish.

It was a long game.  He grunted.  There was still pressure, but he wasn't actually taking damage.  Not enough to even wind him.   Eventually, something in the woman's aura slipped, and he struck, lashing out.  With an intimidating speed, he had her pinned on the ground, knees on her arms.  The boy was breathing heavily, but he looked okay.  Corwin seemed able to outlast other people, and in this case, he'd been able to take down his opponent once she'd run out of energy.

1 minute ago, ProfetessaOscura said:

It was a long game.  He grunted.  There was still pressure, but he wasn't actually taking damage.  Not enough to even wind him.   Eventually, something in the woman's aura slipped, and he struck, lashing out.  With an intimidating speed, he had her pinned on the ground, knees on her arms.  The boy was breathing heavily, but he looked okay.  Corwin seemed able to outlast other people, and in this case, he'd been able to take down his opponent once she'd run out of energy.

Janice looked up, tapping her feet impatiently. "Corwin?"

"I wanted to apologize for being mean."

"You weren't mean," he said, getting up.  "You were controlling.  When I wasn't comfortable, you pushed and pushed.  You'd hurt me to get what you wanted.  You're not sorry for what you did.  You're just sorry it didn't work."  He glared at her, crossing his arms on his chest.  "Do you want me to make you feel better about what you did?  Because it was wrong, and if you were sorry, you wouldn't just stand there and try to get me to brush it off."  He turned away, and he was shaking.  From tiredness, he told himself.  "What- what was it that happened.  When the thing... hurt my mind."

"You weren't mean," he said, getting up.  "You were controlling.  When I wasn't comfortable, you pushed and pushed.  You'd hurt me to get what you wanted.  You're not sorry for what you did.  You're just sorry it didn't work."  He glared at her, crossing his arms on his chest.  "Do you want me to make you feel better about what you did?  Because it was wrong, and if you were sorry, you wouldn't just stand there and try to get me to brush it off."  He turned away, and he was shaking.  From tiredness, he told himself.  "What- what was it that happened.  When the thing... hurt my mind."

Janice swallowed. "No, I'm... really, really sorry. I know what I did was wrong. I know I hurt you; I always hurt people. I was being... stupid and... selfish." She sighed. "And I wasn't the one that tried to control your mind. That was a yevon." Not that I'm not a yevon, but I'm certainly less of one than Trace.

7 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

Janice swallowed. "No, I'm... really, really sorry. I know what I did was wrong. I know I hurt you; I always hurt people. I was being... stupid and... selfish." She sighed. "And I wasn't the one that tried to control your mind. That was a yevon." Not that I'm not a yevon, but I'm certainly less of one than Trace.

He chuffed skeptically, but he didn't deny her apology.  He didn't accept it either.  Not yet.  "What's a yevon?"

"...The... demon... creatures?" Janice was skeptical. "Are you joking? Do you really not know what a yevon is?"

He shrugged.  "I didn't grow up around no demons," he said, and his face flushed red.  "You don't learn stuff like that in the gutter.  You learn to live, not all the names of everyone who wants to kill ya."

Just now, ProfetessaOscura said:

He shrugged.  "I didn't grow up around no demons," he said, and his face flushed red.  "You don't learn stuff like that in the gutter.  You learn to live, not all the names of everyone who wants to kill ya."

"You mean you grew up on the streets too?" Janice perked up.

He frowned at her.  "What's a yevon?" he asked again. 

"A creature that's been corrupted by qhoral. Most people don't know why it happens, but Vespyr and I do. The Qhoral Queen and her servants can control you to an extent if you have any qhoral corruption whatsoever. That's why Trace could control you, but only for a moment."

33 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"A creature that's been corrupted by qhoral. Most people don't know why it happens, but Vespyr and I do. The Qhoral Queen and her servants can control you to an extent if you have any qhoral corruption whatsoever. That's why Trace could control you, but only for a moment."

"I don't have any corruption," he said, clearly not very knowledgeable, "I'm just a kid.  And...  Your friend is a servant of the Qhoral queen?"

9 minutes ago, ProfetessaOscura said:

"I don't have any corruption," he said, clearly not very knowledgeable, "I'm just a kid.  And...  Your friend is a servant of the Qhoral queen?"

“Not my friend and not anymore. She escaped her to help us.” Janice shrugged.  “And you don’t need visible corruption to be captured. Just one touch would provide be enough.”

3 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

“Not my friend and not anymore. She escaped her to help us.” Janice shrugged.  “And you don’t need visible corruption to be captured. Just one touch would provide be enough.”

He wrinkled his nose and glanced at her uncertainly.  "If she's not your friend, why was she helping you stop me?"