Siren's Call: an RP

Negative_Null

16 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

“I mean... I also want to help fight the Queen. If I can, anyways.”

"I do not know your friend.  I cannot see faces, and only meet my students personally at the beginning and end of a day.  If you came here for her, I do not know if she is here.  I have no need of those who abandon this cause once it didn't suit them.  This is dangerous."

6 minutes ago, ProfetessaOscura said:

"I do not know your friend.  I cannot see faces, and only meet my students personally at the beginning and end of a day.  If you came here for her, I do not know if she is here.  I have no need of those who abandon this cause once it didn't suit them.  This is dangerous."

“I’ll stay here! I won’t run off if Cadenza isn’t here.”

3 hours ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"She did... not, no." Janice shot a glare at Trace, who thumbed over her shoulder and promptly left.

"It is important that you understand this.  I doubt that the queen has no safeguards.  Your friend does not know why she was able to escape as a manifestation, nor where she gets the energy to exist as she does.  Without knowing, she could be eyes and ears for The Queen.  You must be cautious."

1 minute ago, ProfetessaOscura said:

"It is important that you understand this.  I doubt that the queen has no safeguards.  Your friend does not know why she was able to escape as a manifestation, nor where she gets the energy to exist as she does.  Without knowing, she could be eyes and ears for The Queen.  You must be cautious."

"I will." Janice nodded acknowledgingly. "Promise I won't do anything stupid. And I can make sure Trace doesn't come back in here; she can't hide herself from me for some reason."

7 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"I will." Janice nodded acknowledgingly. "Promise I won't do anything stupid. And I can make sure Trace doesn't come back in here; she can't hide herself from me for some reason."

He nodded. “She must not become a problem. This could be the only chance to kill the queen.  Now.  Were you able to fill any of the documentation out?”

10 hours ago, Condensation said:

"Yeah. Although I'm sorry, I don't know if I can say the same thing. Is Janice here with you?"

"...She is in the building, yes. Not with me, I don't know where she is exactly."

41 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"...No, not really."

“Then you will do half lessons. Half of the day, you will learn basic life skills. You will read and study. Enjoy literature and sharpen your mind. The second half of the day, you will practice with the others. You do not have long, and should you die, I do not want you to pass from this life without enjoying the skills, resources, and stories it has to offer.”

@Condensation

Corwin staggered into the room, then skittered over. “There’s this creepy girl asking about you.”

3 minutes ago, ProfetessaOscura said:

“Then you will do half lessons. Half of the day, you will learn basic life skills. You will read and study. Enjoy literature and sharpen your mind. The second half of the day, you will practice with the others. You do not have long, and should you die, I do not want you to pass from this life without enjoying the skills, resources, and stories it has to offer.”

@Condensation

Corwin staggered into the room, then skittered over. “There’s this creepy girl asking about you.”

"Creepy" is a strong word. I'd say "moody."

Janice bit her lip, thought about it, then nodded and smiled. "Yeah, that'll work! I can get Aryanna to help me, too!"

Janice pushed her way into the sparring hall, glad that she had a mask pulled up; despite Vespyr's wind powers, the place smelled really badly of sweat.

It didn't take her long to spot Cadenza in the mess of students: she was the only one with any fashion sense among anyone here. She began to walk towards her, then stopped.

Can I do this without crying? Janice asked herself.

She mentally weighed the odds in her mind and came up negative.

No. She affirmed, then took a breath. Alright. Let's do this.

37 minutes ago, Random Bystander said:

Shade walked up to the lady at the front desk. "Well. Now that that problem seems settled, could I apply?"

"Form's right here," she said sweetly, smiling broadly.

11 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

Janice pushed her way into the sparring hall, glad that she had a mask pulled up; despite Vespyr's wind powers, the place smelled really badly of sweat.

It didn't take her long to spot Cadenza in the mess of students: she was the only one with any fashion sense among anyone here. She began to walk towards her, then stopped.

Can I do this without crying? Janice asked herself.

She mentally weighed the odds in her mind and came up negative.

No. She affirmed, then took a breath. Alright. Let's do this.

Corwin pointed at the masked, swathed girl.  "That's her."

20 hours ago, Matrim's Dice said:

"...She is in the building, yes. Not with me, I don't know where she is exactly."

"I need to leave."

20 hours ago, ProfetessaOscura said:

19 hours ago, ProfetessaOscura said:

Corwin pointed at the masked, swathed girl.  "That's her."

"Creepy girl?" Cadenza turned.

9 hours ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

Janice squeezed her eyes shut and walked up to them all, fists clenched tight. She stopped a few feet away, shaking uncontrollably beneath her unflattering outfit.

Despite the concealing outfit, Cadenza guessed who it was. She put her fists behind her back, reaching for her hilts. But they weren't there. Cadenza took a step back.

8 minutes ago, Condensation said:

"I need to leave."

"Creepy girl?" Cadenza turned.

Despite the concealing outfit, Cadenza guessed who it was. She put her fists behind her back, reaching for her hilts. But they weren't there. Cadenza took a step back.

Corwin saw her reaction. Perhaps bravely, but definitely stupidly, he stepped between the two and put a hand on a small knife at his belt. “Leave her alone.”