Siren's Call: an RP

Negative_Null

1 minute ago, Matrim's Dice said:

PTSD, depression, anxiety, and literally every other trauma you can think of make for some pretty violent mood swings.

Just now, Vapor said:

Aryanna looked back and forth between Cadenza and Janice, deciding to hug Janice.

"I'm horrible!" She cried. "I'm a horrible person!"

1 minute ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"I HATE YOU!" Janice screamed, then broke down crying for the third time that morning.

@Vapor @Matrim's Dice @Random Bystander

Cadenza started running, then sliding. She wasn't sure where she could go, but she knew she had to get out of there. She couldn't go back to her house, she couldn't go back to that hotel room, she had to find someplace new. Someplace no one would find her. She melted the ice behind her to messily cover her tracks. 

News channels in storefronts suddenly shifted.  Devices pinged in an urgent, demanding manner.  The devices flicked from channel to channel, as if trying to cover multiple broadcasts from multiple stations, all flooding every electronic with warnings.  

"Serena, one of the largest cities, has fallen in a single day to an unknown entity destroyed an entire building and detained-"

"The scarred, deformed figure claims that humanity needs to rise up in some great defense against an unknown, godlike enemy.  This insane ranting-"

"Serena is now being called "The City of Windsong" by residents who have taken shelter and avoided fleeing.  The person who has taken the city seems able to sense through the air, and the keening sound is, unmistakably, musical."

"We are waiting on the decisions of other leaders for a verdict on how this threat will be handled.  For now, the person seems to be an insanely powerful individual, as they singlehandedly confronted and disabled wave after wave of the local policing unit."

"The person has somehow avoided killing a single person; we will have to wait to see how long this tentative peace will last.  He claims to be recruiting to train prospective apprentices in fighting this mysterious-"

"They are insisting on accepting any and all who want to fight against this unknown evil that they only refer to as "The Queen."  If this threat is real, if this... monster that pretends to be a man is telling the truth, then we should be very afraid, because this Queen must be much more dangerous than this madman."

People in the street around Janice, Cadenza, and Aryanna were frozen in shock, staring up at the projected screens or down at their private devices.  The transmission shut off relatively quickly, but not before a video of Vespyr was shown, standing at the heart of a sunken building.  The man was... moving the earth, shaping it, creating a new constructed building.  Large.  Some might mistake it for a throne room.  To Vespyr, it was his new school.

He just needed to wait for students.

In the distance, the same transmission interrupted all sorts of proceedings, like... court room trials, for example, or random people who had vanished off into the woods to train solo.  

4 minutes ago, ProfetessaOscura said:

News channels in storefronts suddenly shifted.  Devices pinged in an urgent, demanding manner.  The devices flicked from channel to channel, as if trying to cover multiple broadcasts from multiple stations, all flooding every electronic with warnings.  

"Serena, one of the largest cities, has fallen in a single day to an unknown entity destroyed an entire building and detained-"

"The scarred, deformed figure claims that humanity needs to rise up in some great defense against an unknown, godlike enemy.  This insane ranting-"

"Serena is now being called "The City of Windsong" by residents who have taken shelter and avoided fleeing.  The person who has taken the city seems able to sense through the air, and the keening sound is, unmistakably, musical."

"We are waiting on the decisions of other leaders for a verdict on how this threat will be handled.  For now, the person seems to be an insanely powerful individual, as they singlehandedly confronted and disabled wave after wave of the local policing unit."

"The person has somehow avoided killing a single person; we will have to wait to see how long this tentative peace will last.  He claims to be recruiting to train prospective apprentices in fighting this mysterious-"

"They are insisting on accepting any and all who want to fight against this unknown evil that they only refer to as "The Queen."  If this threat is real, if this... monster that pretends to be a man is telling the truth, then we should be very afraid, because this Queen must be much more dangerous than this madman."

People in the street around Janice, Cadenza, and Aryanna were frozen in shock, staring up at the projected screens or down at their private devices.  The transmission shut off relatively quickly, but not before a video of Vespyr was shown, standing at the heart of a sunken building.  The man was... moving the earth, shaping it, creating a new constructed building.  Large.  Some might mistake it for a throne room.  To Vespyr, it was his new school.

He just needed to wait for students.

In the distance, the same transmission interrupted all sorts of proceedings, like... court room trials, for example, or random people who had vanished off into the woods to train solo.  

Janice looked up, paling. "Vespyr?"

6 minutes ago, ProfetessaOscura said:

People in the street around Janice, Cadenza, and Aryanna were frozen in shock, staring up at the projected screens or down at their private devices.

Cadenza looked up and recognised the person on the screens. It was the monster lady, the one who'd kidnapped Janice. And they had... taken over a city? They were recruiting people? She smiled. Perfect. Janice would never go near that city. 

Just now, Vapor said:

"What do you want to do? You're the one who'll get in trouble if the queen gets you."

"I want..." Janice squeezed Aryanna's hand. "I don't know what I want..." I just told Cadenza I hated her. My best friend in the whole wide world just ran away and it's all my fault. How could I want anything?

Just now, Channelknight Fadran said:

"I want..." Janice squeezed Aryanna's hand. "I don't know what I want..." I just told Cadenza I hated her. My best friend in the whole wide world just ran away and it's all my fault. How could I want anything?

"I'm sorry."

"What about everybody else?" she asked Trace, Shade, Shidala, and other people there.

Vespyr's work to the city's heiarchy was minimal.  He gave leaders in the government the option to swear an oath of fealty and to promise to obey him and protect, serve, and defend the people, or to step down and retire from politics with their savings.  Any future corruption or embezzlement would immediately be punished by death, but former manipulation of the system, Vespyr declared, was not something he would police or punish unless it effected the future of the city.  Many of those known in the underworld for skeevy or distasteful legislative business accepted the offer, but others remained.  Others who had faith, either that their morals and desire to help the people was secure.  Others stayed because they were sure they could safely continue.  Those, he knew, would be routed out in the future by their followers and critics.  

The school was taking shape when the first recruits began to arrive.  He didn't ask them where they came from, or why they wanted to help.  Some were broken individuals, hurt and scarred by their lives.  Others were loudspoken, passionate individuals.  Old men came.  Teenagers.  Young adults.  They were all the same to him.  They all had passion, and a healthy dose of concern for their families, friends, and humanity.

Hopefully, this would work.  It would have to.