Negative_Null

Siren's Call: an RP

7,824 posts in this topic

Just now, Condensation said:

"What hook?"

"It's a... saying." She shook her head. "Okay. Well, so... the Queen's kinda been around since the dawn of the world itself, and she hasn't died at all in the ninety-or-so million years this useless hunk of rock has existed."

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Channelknight Fadran said:

"It's a... saying." She shook her head. "Okay. Well, so... the Queen's kinda been around since the dawn of the world itself, and she hasn't died at all in the ninety-or-so million years this useless hunk of rock has existed."

"Mhm. And?"

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Condensation said:

"Mhm. And?"

"There've been about..." Trace counted on her fingers, "seven large expeditions to kill her, and hundreds of other smaller ones. None have succeeded."

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Channelknight Fadran said:

"There've been about..." Trace counted on her fingers, "seven large expeditions to kill her, and hundreds of other smaller ones. None have succeeded."

"Mhm. And?"

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Condensation said:

"Mhm. And?"

"So basically, if we tried getting an army to kill the Queen... we'd all die."

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"So basically, if we tried getting an army to kill the Queen... we'd all die."

Shade thought for a moment. I had wished there was another option for me. Why can't I give her one? "Hey Janice, you can work with me for a while if you want." she said softly. "I know what it's like to feel like you are going to end up hurting those around you. You don't have to feel obligated to, but if you want to work with me, my door is always open."

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Vespyr rode out on the tides.  It was a less-exhausting form of travel, moving with the flow of water.  It was so much energy, to use, consume, twist, reuse.  The ocean was powerful, and when Vespyr rode it, he was a deity of the currents, diving between moments, tides, slicing along and around streams and riptides.  He was fantastic on the ocean.  He had dismissed himself from the Queen's service and, against all odds, survived. 

Defiance was effective.  Defiance worked.

And Vespyr?  Vespyr was a knife of the Queen's own making.  He was being hunted, just like Janice, except not for petty reasons.  Vespyr was, he had realized, dangerous.  Not merely to people, but to the Queen herself.  Never once in his lifetime had a single envoy of ships arrived at its destination to destroy her, and that was due to Vespyr himself.

Vespyr had been a shield.  Vespyr was a knife.  Vespyr was a tool.

And now, he controlled himself.

He tried to be careful of the bird in the rowboat, the diminutive pacifist who had offered to come along.  It was with some small disdain that Vespyr knew he would be condemned and hated by the man for his next actions.  Vespyr could never share the man's convictions of peaceful help and assistance.  It felt far, far too foolhardy.  His philosophy was what calm, gentle souls tried to explain to their killers.  The only effective defense for the remnants of humanity came through strength.

He stopped at the beach, then mentally checked the map he'd studied.  In the distance, the lights of a grand, powerful city loomed overhead.  The creature, barely a man, turned to Sparrow, solemnly bowing its head.  "You will not wish to travel further with me, I believe.  I apologize for the inconvenience, but I will only be a burden to your mind and conscience from this point forward."  @Fallapede

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, ProfetessaOscura said:

Vespyr rode out on the tides.  It was a less-exhausting form of travel, moving with the flow of water.  It was so much energy, to use, consume, twist, reuse.  The ocean was powerful, and when Vespyr rode it, he was a deity of the currents, diving between moments, tides, slicing along and around streams and riptides.  He was fantastic on the ocean.  He had dismissed himself from the Queen's service and, against all odds, survived. 

Defiance was effective.  Defiance worked.

And Vespyr?  Vespyr was a knife of the Queen's own making.  He was being hunted, just like Janice, except not for petty reasons.  Vespyr was, he had realized, dangerous.  Not merely to people, but to the Queen herself.  Never once in his lifetime had a single envoy of ships arrived at its destination to destroy her, and that was due to Vespyr himself.

Vespyr had been a shield.  Vespyr was a knife.  Vespyr was a tool.

And now, he controlled himself.

He tried to be careful of the bird in the rowboat, the diminutive pacifist who had offered to come along.  It was with some small disdain that Vespyr knew he would be condemned and hated by the man for his next actions.  Vespyr could never share the man's convictions of peaceful help and assistance.  It felt far, far too foolhardy.  His philosophy was what calm, gentle souls tried to explain to their killers.  The only effective defense for the remnants of humanity came through strength.

He stopped at the beach, then mentally checked the map he'd studied.  In the distance, the lights of a grand, powerful city loomed overhead.  The creature, barely a man, turned to Sparrow, solemnly bowing its head.  "You will not wish to travel further with me, I believe.  I apologize for the inconvenience, but I will only be a burden to your mind and conscience from this point forward."  @Fallapede

Quote

For the record, Brother Sparrow is like 6'3.

"Even if what you say is true, you will be neither the first nor the heaviest. I said that I would do what I can to aid you, and I shall."

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cruz coughed.

Quote

Null's been gone for like a week :((

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Fallapede said:

"Even if what you say is true, you will be neither the first nor the heaviest. I said that I would do what I can to aid you, and I shall."

Vespyr sighed, then started walking toward the city.  The first thing to do would be to seize power.  That would mean taking out the headquarters of their policing force at some point.  Initially, though, he would need to be seen.  First, then, the broadcasting tower.  He would ensure the city saw his claim to their city.  And the resistance that followed would be public knowledge.  Once he had the power of control, he could arrange for an institution that would train people to combat the Queen's qhoral slaves and servants, with the goal of public defense and offense.

Thus, he let the Sparrow tag along at a distance.  He didn't want the man getting caught up with the association of his crimes.

The city itself fell quickly, silently.  Initially, there was public outcry and mockery.  Some scarred blind man, after all, had appeared on the device of every person using the emergency broadcasting system.  More ridiculous, the scarred freak had claimed to own the city, then made some grandiose, yet short, speech about the necessity of unity in the face of danger.  He'd explained some unbelievably powerful force of danger called "The Queen" and seemed to be paranoid and eccentric.

No one had really taken him seriously, of course, until the first units of the policing force were suspended in the air, dozens of floors above the pavement, screaming and begging for their lives.  No one had been hurt, miraculously, aside from bruised egos.  An officer had been shot in the arm, but that was mostly due to the protective field of air that ricocheted his ally's bullet into him.  There was, of course, an adequate display of power.  Once the building had been evacuated, it... sank into the ground.  All 30 floors just sank down into the crust of the earth.

Vespyr had received formal control of the city by the end of the day.  He made his announcement in the dying twilight.

"I must start an academy to train your promising military, cadets, and volunteers in the defense of your land.  If we do not, she will destroy you all.  I apologize for the inconvenience."

He hadn't expected so many to flee the city.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Janice, still shocked at Cadenza's--and her own--outbreak, grabbed onto Aryanna's arm, holding her close and tightly.

@Vapor

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/28/2021 at 5:15 PM, Channelknight Fadran said:

"Yes! Out of what's left of my goodness in what's left of my heart."

"Because I need your help and I'm not going to just blow that."

On 2/28/2021 at 5:31 PM, Condensation said:

"Sure you are. You were laughing. That's how 'sorry' you are." Cadenza spun, tossing her hair, and started walking. " Come on, Maddy, Aryanna, and Shidala."

@Matrim's Dice @Vapor @EmiTheNinja

"I... Cadenza..."

On 2/28/2021 at 6:03 PM, Channelknight Fadran said:

"Yep!" Janice waved. "It's okay, guys! Just a little slip-up."

Aryanna sighed in relief. "Good, you're okay."

7 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

Janice, still shocked at Cadenza's--and her own--outbreak, grabbed onto Aryanna's arm, holding her close and tightly.

@Vapor

Aryanna held Janice close, frowning at Cadenza accusingly. "If Janice trusts you," she said to Trace and Shade. "Then I do too."

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Vapor said:

Aryanna held Janice close, frowning at Cadenza accusingly. "If Janice trusts you," she said to Trace and Shade. "Then I do too."

"I'm scared," she whimpered; quietly, so that only Aryanna could hear.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Vapor said:

"I... Cadenza..."

Aryanna sighed in relief. "Good, you're okay."

Aryanna held Janice close, frowning at Cadenza accusingly. "If Janice trusts you," she said to Trace and Shade. "Then I do too."

She smiled at Aryanna. "Thank you."

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"I'm scared," she whimpered; quietly, so that only Aryanna could hear.

"Of what?" Aryanna whispered back.

3 hours ago, Random Bystander said:

She smiled at Aryanna. "Thank you."

Aryanna smiled back.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Vapor said:

"Of what?" Aryanna whispered back.

"Of..." Janice closed her eyes, unable to speak. "Can I have a hug?"

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Channelknight Fadran said:

"Of..." Janice closed her eyes, unable to speak. "Can I have a hug?"

Aryanna hugged Janice tightly.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Vapor said:

Aryanna hugged Janice tightly.

"I'm scared of Cadenza," she whispered.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"I'm scared of Cadenza," she whispered.

Aryanna looked helpless for a moment. "I understand."

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Vapor said:

Aryanna looked helpless for a moment. "I understand."

"You wouldn't yell at me... would you?"

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"You wouldn't yell at me... would you?"

"Never."

Quote

Aryanna has no idea what she's doing

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Vapor said:

"Never."

"I hope I never yell at you."

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"I hope I never yell at you."

"It will be fine if you do."

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Vapor said:

"It will be fine if you do."

"But I'd feel bad. I feel bad now, for yelling at Cadenza."

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"But I'd feel bad. I feel bad now, for yelling at Cadenza."

"It's... understandable that you yelled at her. I was about to do so myself."

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.