Siren's Call: an RP

Negative_Null

1 hour ago, Fallapede said:

"I regret that I can do little to help how you feel, but I find that being active helps to keep my mind from wandering, at least in the moment. You should not strain yourself yet, given that you are still in recovery, but would you mind helping me tend to the garden?"

Vespyr stared blankly at the man, shocked at the sheer audacity. Gardening... gardening??  “I must be going,” he found himself saying. “I do not share what you believe. The world is not impacted greatly by small, random acts of generosity.”  He hesitated, realizing that he must be seen as a wretched person, to so quickly dismiss Sparrow. “I know the teeth that close around the world’s throat. I would rather combat the Queen than wait for opportunity to meet me.”

3 minutes ago, Knight of Iron said:

...is there anyway you can help find my weapons? There's something that might help me get out of here, should the justice system... make the wrong choice.

Can they speed it up at all? I've busted plenty of people out of prison before, but impersonating a lawyer or witness? Trace shook her head. Nah, man. No can do there.

Just now, Channelknight Fadran said:

Can they speed it up at all? I've busted plenty of people out of prison before, but impersonating a lawyer or witness? Trace shook her head. Nah, man. No can do there.

I don't know, Cruz thought, it appears we are waiting for the prosecution to utter a word, apparently completely flabbergasted and come over with some kind of stage fright, as we have been here for several days awaiting a response.

I don't know, Cruz thought, but trials do take a bit. But I might have a way out, if I can get my weapons.

Just now, Knight of Iron said:

Couldn't you take over someone else's body and do stuff, though?

Listen, pal. That guy I was controlling earlier? Not even the general. To control someone directly, I need some kind of qhoral connection to them; otherwise, I can't hold it for very long and get ejected. I had to find an idiot, take over his body, use him to find the real Hawlay, drop a little something into Hawlay's soup, steal his uniform, newspaper-clipping the ID badge to look legit, then lead him all the way to where you guys were. All that just to get two minutes with you.

3 hours ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

Listen, pal. That guy I was controlling earlier? Not even the general. To control someone directly, I need some kind of qhoral connection to them; otherwise, I can't hold it for very long and get ejected. I had to find an idiot, take over his body, use him to find the real Hawlay, drop a little something into Hawlay's soup, steal his uniform, newspaper-clipping the ID badge to look legit, then lead him all the way to where you guys were. All that just to get two minutes with you.

Wow, that's a lot.

Just now, Channelknight Fadran said:

So it's not like this whole 'possessing' thing is a superpower. Trace walked over and sat down on seemingly nothing beside Cruz. It'd be much easier if I had something I could actually move around in.

Cruz looked beside himself. Hm... could you appear to other people?

3 minutes ago, Knight of Iron said:

But she might be able to help. Or, maybe those friends of Janice's...? Actually, scratch that, they wouldn't care about me.

I think you'd be surprised... and it'd be easier for me to find Janice and her friends than someone else. Y'know... Trace shrugged. Assuming she's still alive, of course.