Siren's Call: an RP

Negative_Null

1 minute ago, Matrim's Dice said:

Wait now Trace is like... outside of Janice?

Or something?

Trace was removed from Janice by the Qhoral Queen. She's managed to get a little sliver of her soul out of the Queen's clutches, and currently is doing her best to help Cruz.

Just now, Knight of Iron said:

Cruz was taken aback by the sudden expression, but it didn't go unappreciated. He hugged her back and whispered, "You're going to be alright, Trace."

"Promise?"

23 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"Hey Sparrow..." Janice whispered. "What's... wrong with Vespyr?"

@Fallapede

"Well, to begin with, Vespyr has a severe chemical dependency on a number of horribly addictive substances. In addition, their physiology appears to be warped in ways that I cannot claim to understand at the moment. To be perfectly honest, I am completely unaware of what is happening to Vespyr at the moment, but it appears to be purely psychosomatic in nature. My knowledge of such areas is rather limited, but I shall render such assistance as I am able."

Just now, Fallapede said:

"Well, to begin with, Vespyr has a severe chemical dependency on a number of horribly addictive substances. In addition, their physiology appears to be warped in ways that I cannot claim to understand at the moment. To be perfectly honest, I am completely unaware of what is happening to Vespyr at the moment, but it appears to be purely psychosomatic in nature. My knowledge of such areas is rather limited, but I shall render such assistance as I am able."

"Can you use words that I'd... understand?"

1 hour ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"Can you use words that I'd... understand?"

"Ah, I apologize. What I mean to say is that your friend has drunk far too much Nectar, their form has been altered from its natural state, and whatever affects them currently is within their own mind."

Just now, Channelknight Fadran said:

"So... she just needs to stop drinking Nectar, right?"

You're really gonna make me explain the concept of addiction to a 13 year old, aren't you.

"It is not that simple, child. Their body is as dependent on Nectar as yours is on breathing. To go without it entirely would kill them. My hope is that I can slowly and continuously lower the dosage, in order to lower their tolerance and mitigate the effects of withdrawal. This will be a long and difficult process even if it is sucessful, and I cannot honestly say that I am confident that I will succeed."

1 minute ago, Fallapede said:

"It is not that simple, child. Their body is as dependent on Nectar as yours is on breathing. To go without it entirely would kill them. My hope is that I can slowly and continuously lower the dosage, in order to lower their tolerance and mitigate the effects of withdrawal. This will be a long and difficult process even if it is sucessful, and I cannot honestly say that I am confident that I will succeed."

Janice nodded, concerned. "So... how long will it take?"

What? She's an orphan, she has layers of trauma, and she never went to school.

17 hours ago, Negative_Null said:

Oddly enough, I don't believe you. But if that's true, tell me where you are so I can come punish you properly.

Vespyr ignored Janice. Speaking to her would give the child away to the Queen, but he waved at her. “I apologize for the inconvenience. I die without your influence, as she did.”
Janice sputtered, "Wh--what? No, you can't die!"
Vespyr removed his mask and glared eyelessly at her. She was getting in the way of a conversation she didn’t even understand was happening!
((Waiting on you, @Negative_Null)

On 1/28/2021 at 9:12 AM, Channelknight Fadran said:

"But, I..." Janice closed her eyes, whispering to herself. "I'm never going to see you again, Cadenza..."

"Fear not, child. I shall make arrangements for your transportation. It is simply that I will be unable to go with you myself."

Edited by Fallapede

Janice sat down, but being the impatient tiny adolescent that she was, she immediately got up again and started looking around. There had to be some way to get back to her friends faster...

A thought jumped into her head. A really stupid one. Wasn't there a thing called mail?

She grabbed a piece of paper and a pen. She pressed the nib to the end, and then remembered something rather important: she couldn't write.

@Fallapede

24 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

Janice sat down, but being the impatient tiny adolescent that she was, she immediately got up again and started looking around. There had to be some way to get back to her friends faster...

A thought jumped into her head. A really stupid one. Wasn't there a thing called mail?

She grabbed a piece of paper and a pen. She pressed the nib to the end, and then remembered something rather important: she couldn't write.

@Fallapede

Brother Sparrow noticed Janice's struggle, and ventured over to help. "What is the matter, child? Are you lacking ink? I was sure I had a spare inkwell here somewhere, but I must have misplaced it. You can use mine for the moment. I shall make do." He handed her the inkwell from his desk.

Edited by Fallapede

On 1/27/2021 at 1:07 PM, ProfetessaOscura said:

Vespyr ignored Janice. Speaking to her would give the child away to the Queen, but he waved at her. “I apologize for the inconvenience. I die without your influence, as she did.”
Janice sputtered, "Wh--what? No, you can't die!"
Vespyr removed his mask and glared eyelessly at her. She was getting in the way of a conversation she didn’t even understand was happening!
((Waiting on you, @Negative_Null)

Desolé

What was that, then? Found yourself another little rat to keep you company? One that sounds just like our little escapee? If you're going to try and lie to your god, Siren, you should be a bit more careful about it.

For purposes of this conversation, the rest of this conversation going on around us hasn't happened yet.

44 minutes ago, Negative_Null said:

What was that, then? Found yourself another little rat to keep you company? One that sounds just like our little escapee? If you're going to try and lie to your god, Siren, you should be a bit more careful about it.

Well, that was something new. Apparently the Queen could hear Vespyr’s surroundings. Living alone had never provided an opportunity for Vespyr to test how the connection worked. Ah, well.  The experimentation had been worth a shot. “The girl is dead to you. A worthless pile of uneducated flesh strapped to a frail skeleton piloted by a rash, impulsive fragment of a mind. A god would not be so foolish to waste resources murdering children for no gain. But then... you have always been exactly that foolish.”

13 hours ago, Fallapede said:

Brother Sparrow noticed Janice's struggle, and ventured over to help. "What is the matter, child? Are you lacking ink? I was sure I had a spare inkwell here somewhere, but I must have misplaced it. You can use mine for the moment. I shall make do." He handed her the inkwell from his desk.

"No, I... can't write."