Siren's Call: an RP

Negative_Null

2 hours ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"I let you take me."

1 hour ago, Fallapede said:

"I apologize for my intrusiveness, but on what terms, exactly, were you separated from these friends of yours?"

Vespyr  nodded, as if this was to be expected.  "I was a scion of the Qhoral Queen," Vespyr began, "tasked with retrieving a deserter with whom the Queen had invested significant time, power, and energy.  I returned the deserter to the Queen, but the punishment vested on the child was too severe.  I stole the deserter and fled, touching down on what I assume must have been your rock.  It was perhaps the most foolish mistake of my existence."  Life.  The proper word was life.  He wasn't an object.  Or, at least, he wasn't supposed to be one now.  "Perhaps the best mistake.  We shall see."

He looked at Janice, and almost seemed childish in their spat.  "You didn't have to let me for my mission to have succeeded."

2 minutes ago, ProfetessaOscura said:

Vespyr  nodded, as if this was to be expected.  "I was a scion of the Qhoral Queen," Vespyr began, "tasked with retrieving a deserter with whom the Queen had invested significant time, power, and energy.  I returned the deserter to the Queen, but the punishment vested on the child was too severe.  I stole the deserter and fled, touching down on what I assume must have been your rock.  It was perhaps the most foolish mistake of my existence."  Life.  The proper word was life.  He wasn't an object.  Or, at least, he wasn't supposed to be one now.  "Perhaps the best mistake.  We shall see."

He looked at Janice, and almost seemed childish in their spat.  "You didn't have to let me for my mission to have succeeded."

"I want to go back to my friends! My real family, not some random mom and dad or someone!"

Edited by Channelknight Fadran

1 minute ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"I want to go back to my friends! My real family, not some random mom and dad or someone!"

"While a rabid dog could accurately assess the intelligence of that plan, that's your decision and not mine to make," Vespyr snapped.

Oh no.  That was a little too human.  Too harsh.  He dialed it back.  "I apologize."

1 minute ago, ProfetessaOscura said:

"While a rabid dog could accurately assess the intelligence of that plan, that's your decision and not mine to make," Vespyr snapped.

Oh no.  That was a little too human.  Too harsh.  He dialed it back.  "I apologize."

Janice whimpered lightly, then swallowed and tried to hold back her pain. "'s okay. I just... I don't want to leave my friends behind for something like safety. I've never been safe, and I'll never be safe. So if safety isn't an option, then I might as well be with my friends while I hide."

3 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

Janice whimpered lightly, then swallowed and tried to hold back her pain. "'s okay. I just... I don't want to leave my friends behind for something like safety. I've never been safe, and I'll never be safe. So if safety isn't an option, then I might as well be with my friends while I hide."

He nodded.  Although he couldn't possibly agree with her decision, he could accept it.  He wasn't human enough to understand why other humans could behave so foolishly.  Not yet.  

Then again... he had played the fool in saving the child.  Maybe he understood more than he realized.  Maybe humans were just naturally stupid.  The thought made him relax, slightly.  Perhaps saving her had been a mistake, but maybe mistakes were just a part of nature.

Just now, ProfetessaOscura said:

He nodded.  Although he couldn't possibly agree with her decision, he could accept it.  He wasn't human enough to understand why other humans could behave so foolishly.  Not yet.  

Then again... he had played the fool in saving the child.  Maybe he understood more than he realized.  Maybe humans were just naturally stupid.  The thought made him relax, slightly.  Perhaps saving her had been a mistake, but maybe mistakes were just a part of nature.

"So... you're not going to stop me?"

Just now, Channelknight Fadran said:

"So... you're not going to stop me?"

Vespyr shrugged.  "I'll keep you alive until I die.  Regardless of if I die in 5 days or live longer, you will eventually make your way back.  My time constraint is not effective enough to stop you, so I might as well follow along until death arrives."  He sank back into the couch.  Heavens.  Was this what an afterlife might be, all soft?  Well... not for him.  He'd killed enough that saving one child wasn't much of a redemption.  He could only hope that there was nothing after death.  "Talk with the Sparrow," he advised, "He might not take too kindly to me, now."  After all... he had just admitted to being a monster of the Queen's.

Vespyr shrugged.  "I'll keep you alive until I die.  Regardless of if I die in 5 days or live longer, you will eventually make your way back.  My time constraint is not effective enough to stop you, so I might as well follow along until death arrives."  He sank back into the couch.  Heavens.  Was this what an afterlife might be, all soft?  Well... not for him.  He'd killed enough that saving one child wasn't much of a redemption.  He could only hope that there was nothing after death.  "Talk with the Sparrow," he advised, "He might not take too kindly to me, now."  After all... he had just admitted to being a monster of the Queen's.

Were y'all whispering or something? Brother Sparrow's like 4 feet away.

1 minute ago, ProfetessaOscura said:

"Why would you die in five days?"

Just now, Fallapede said:

Dunno

Janice looked at Sparrow. "Sir, if it's all right with you, I'd like to leave as soon as possible."

Knight, what's the name of Lena's island?

@Knight of Iron

Vespyr swished a bottle of nectar, as if that was the appropriate answer and response.

"I must request that you be as conservative of those as possible. Attempting to wean you with such a small supply will be difficult enough as it is. As for you, child, I shall do my best to arrange transport to wherever you need to go, but I must prioritize Vespyr's treatment. I hope that you will understand."

2 minutes ago, Fallapede said:

"I must request that you be as conservative of those as possible. Attempting to wean you with such a small supply will be difficult enough as it is. As for you, child, I shall do my best to arrange transport to wherever you need to go, but I must prioritize Vespyr's treatment. I hope that you will understand."

Janice nodded. "Okay." She frowned as her stomach growled. "You wouldn't happen to have anything to eat, would you?"

1 hour ago, Knight of Iron said:

Cruz was back at Lacion Island, and took a deep breath of air. He was still very starving, as he had recently done a significant amount of healing which had drained him of his energy. He caught himself thinking longingly of the granola bar that still lay in a hidden compartment underneath the barrel of his right pistol, but he shook his head, clearing his mind. He would have to focus if he wanted a... chance.

"Can I get my lawyer arrangements sometimes soon?" he asked the colonel, "I know a law firm in town, and I want to have a chance to talk with one."

@The Ward's Guard

The colonel regarded Cruz critically, "I've said it before, I''m military, not law enforcement. The first thing I'll do is turn you over to law enforcement, and then I'll let them deal with you. Is that clear?"

3 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

Janice nodded. "Okay." She frowned as her stomach growled. "You wouldn't happen to have anything to eat, would you?"

"Unfortunately, my supply is rather limited. Since I am frequently absent from this domicile for long periods of time, I tend to keep food that does not spoil. I regret that it may be rather unappetizing."

43 minutes ago, The Ward's Guard said:

The colonel regarded Cruz critically, "I've said it before, I''m military, not law enforcement. The first thing I'll do is turn you over to law enforcement, and then I'll let them deal with you. Is that clear?"

Cruz chuckled a bit. "You do know my mentor is the noblewoman of the island, right?"

1 minute ago, Knight of Iron said:

Cruz chuckled a bit. "You do know my mentor is the noblewoman of the island, right?"

The colonel raised an eyebrow, "then I would think that she would be very disappointed in you. Especially since you and Trace attacked this island; if I knew any better, I'd say that you tried to kill Lady Lacion."

33 minutes ago, The Ward's Guard said:

The colonel raised an eyebrow, "then I would think that she would be very disappointed in you. Especially since you and Trace attacked this island; if I knew any better, I'd say that you tried to kill Lady Lacion."

"We did, actually, but we've reconciled now. In fact, I said goodbye to her just before surrendering myself to you."