Siren's Call: an RP

Negative_Null

4 minutes ago, ProfetessaOscura said:

Vespyr shrugged, then looked at the Sparrow. “You don’t mind that she’s Yevon, do you?” He asked. It was very... strange. Just strange. To reclaim the name. To reclaim even the pronouns of a person. It felt like a lie, after so many years.  It would be nice, though, to die as a person. 

"Besides, Vespyr, I don't want to go to school..." Janice turned her head. "Though dyeing my hair does sound fun..."

Edited by Channelknight Fadran

1 hour ago, ProfetessaOscura said:

Vespyr shrugged, then looked at the Sparrow. “You don’t mind that she’s Yevon, do you?” He asked. It was very... strange. Just strange. To reclaim the name. To reclaim even the pronouns of a person. It felt like a lie, after so many years.  It would be nice, though, to die as a person. 

"Why would I mind? All life is wonderful. I seek to preserve it in any way I can. I see no reason why that should not extend to Yevon."

4 hours ago, Fallapede said:

"Why would I mind? All life is wonderful. I seek to preserve it in any way I can. I see no reason why that should not extend to Yevon."

4 hours ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

Janice smiled. "Thank you."

Vespyr nodded in satisfaction. “Then it is settled. The Sparrow will care for your needs.  You will remain unobtrusive until the Queen’s search has faded.”  Vespyr had a very one-track mind. It didn’t occur to him at all to ask if Sparrow wanted to adopt a magical ex-serial killer child with a semi-fragmented mind. And he seemed to be discounting Janice’s insistant complaints that her friends needed her. After all... it would be a shame, dying to save her, if she went and got herself killed again by the same people she’d just been saved from. 

18 minutes ago, ProfetessaOscura said:

Vespyr nodded in satisfaction. “Then it is settled. The Sparrow will care for your needs.  You will remain unobtrusive until the Queen’s search has faded.”  Vespyr had a very one-track mind. It didn’t occur to him at all to ask if Sparrow wanted to adopt a magical ex-serial killer child with a semi-fragmented mind. And he seemed to be discounting Janice’s insistant complaints that her friends needed her. After all... it would be a shame, dying to save her, if she went and got herself killed again by the same people she’d just been saved from. 

"I'm not going to leave my friends behind! You can't just tell me what to do!"

5 hours ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"Sir... Sparrow," Janice petitioned, "when can I go to my friends?"

@Fallapede

"As soon as I am satisfied that you are well, I will happily take you to them. I say this under the assumption that you are informed as to their current whereabouts, of course. And please, do not call me sir. Simply Sparrow is acceptable."

Edited by Fallapede

Just now, Fallapede said:

"As soon as I am satisfied that you are well, I will happily take you to them. I say this under the assumption that you are informed as to their current whereabouts, of course."

Vespyr sighed.  "She knows the island that they may or may not be currently on," he said.  Sarcasm.  Right.  It wasn't nice.

6 hours ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

“Then... am I well?”

Vespyr considered a laugh.  It felt wrong, yet right.  It was the right moment to laugh, but Vespyr had almost forgotten how.  At least naturally, laughter... was more of a memory than an option.  And it would be rude, besides.  "If you insist on trying to get yourself killed, I will defend you until I am no longer able," Vespyr volunteered hesitantly. "You and your friends."  Damn.  Why was it that her hair looked red to him?  Why was it that he kept seeing Rain whenever he glanced at this child?  They were nothing alike.  She was dead.  No amount of trying would bring back the girl he'd let be slaughtered.  He shouldn't care.  There was no redemption, no fixing that betrayal.  This... was an act of futility.

He was dying, though.  Death throes weren't supposed to by anything but futile, he supposed.  

5 minutes ago, ProfetessaOscura said:

Vespyr considered a laugh.  It felt wrong, yet right.  It was the right moment to laugh, but Vespyr had almost forgotten how.  At least naturally, laughter... was more of a memory than an option.  And it would be rude, besides.  "If you insist on trying to get yourself killed, I will defend you until I am no longer able," Vespyr volunteered hesitantly. "You and your friends."  Damn.  Why was it that her hair looked red to him?  Why was it that he kept seeing Rain whenever he glanced at this child?  They were nothing alike.  She was dead.  No amount of trying would bring back the girl he'd let be slaughtered.  He shouldn't care.  There was no redemption, no fixing that betrayal.  This... was an act of futility.

He was dying, though.  Death throes weren't supposed to by anything but futile, he supposed.  

"Vespyr, you... I..." Janice shook her head. Man, holding back tears was way harder than she remembered it being. "My friends can protect me."

On 1/24/2021 at 0:29 AM, Negative_Null said:

-One short time skip later-

Cruz was back at Lacion Island, and took a deep breath of air. He was still very starving, as he had recently done a significant amount of healing which had drained him of his energy. He caught himself thinking longingly of the granola bar that still lay in a hidden compartment underneath the barrel of his right pistol, but he shook his head, clearing his mind. He would have to focus if he wanted a... chance.

"Can I get my lawyer arrangements sometimes soon?" he asked the colonel, "I know a law firm in town, and I want to have a chance to talk with one."

@The Ward's Guard