Siren's Call: an RP

Negative_Null

7 minutes ago, Fallapede said:

6 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

Vespyr fell from the sky hours later.  Exhausted, stiff, numb.  The rain was pelting down.  The rain was the only thing keeping Vespyr in the air, currently, absorbing the vibration of the water droplets and using that in conjunction with Nectar to survive the storm.  The creature had started with a stockpile of ten bottles; enough to last weeks.  Travelling burned through two of those.  Travelling in a storm, blind to all environment?  They'd wandered.  Vespyr drooped at the first sight of a pitiful rock.  It could scarcely be called an island.  The creature lowered itself onto mossy, damp rock, then sank down, heedless of surroundings, collapsing into a heap of unconscious flesh.

Just now, ProfetessaOscura said:

Vespyr fell from the sky hours later.  Exhausted, stiff, numb.  The rain was pelting down.  The rain was the only thing keeping Vespyr in the air, currently, absorbing the vibration of the water droplets and using that in conjunction with Nectar to survive the storm.  The creature had started with a stockpile of ten bottles; enough to last weeks.  Travelling burned through two of those.  Travelling in a storm, blind to all environment?  They'd wandered.  Vespyr drooped at the first sight of a pitiful rock.  It could scarcely be called an island.  The creature lowered itself onto mossy, damp rock, then sank down, heedless of surroundings, collapsing into a heap of unconscious flesh.

Janice climbed off her back, not even bothering to find somewhere to hide from the rain. She curled up on the ground, sobbing quietly to herself.

2 minutes ago, ProfetessaOscura said:

Brother Sparrow roused himself from meditation as rain began to fall, allowing his senses to return. The storm had been approaching all day, and it had finally hit the tiny rock he sometimes visited. As he stretched himself and opened his eyes, he noticed two other shapes fall out of the storm: a small form that must have been a child, and someone larger. Both slowly drifted down to the surface of the island, collapsing. He hurried over to check on the soaked forms. "Are you all right? You must be very wet and cold. I can take you back to the mainland, if you are too tired to continue."

1 minute ago, Fallapede said:

Brother Sparrow roused himself from meditation as rain began to fall, allowing his senses to return. The storm had been approaching all day, and it had finally hit the tiny rock he sometimes visited. As he stretched himself and opened his eyes, he noticed two other shapes fall out of the storm: a small form that must have been a child, and someone larger. Both slowly drifted down to the surface of the island, collapsing. He hurried over to check on the soaked forms. "Are you all right? You must be very wet and cold. I can take you back to the mainland, if you are too tired to continue."

Janice could only shiver in her little crouched ball, unheeding of Sparrow's words.

2 minutes ago, Fallapede said:

Vespyr snored.  The creature was OUT.  Janice would have to step up.

1 minute ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

Janice whimpered, but didn't argue.

Brother Sparrow took a deep breath, then opened himself to the child's pain. He had been aware of it before, but the intensity of the agony still shocked and horrified him. What manner of monster could do this to another living thing, let alone a child? He closed off the link, then touched her gently on the wrist and drained as much of her pain and exhaustion as he could.

Just now, Fallapede said:

Brother Sparrow took a deep breath, then opened himself to the child's pain. He had been aware of it before, but the intensity of the agony still shocked and horrified him. What manner of monster could do this to another living thing, let alone a child? He closed off the link, then touched her gently on the wrist and drained as much of her pain and exhaustion as he could.

Ooh, another healer. You've piqued my interest.

Janice released a gasping shiver, and one last tear leaked out from her eye.

Just now, Knight of Iron said:

Not quite. It's a little hard to explain.

Just now, Channelknight Fadran said:

Janice released a gasping shiver, and one last tear leaked out from her eye.

"Can you stand, child? I do not mind carrying you, but it will be slower, and your companion appears to be ailing as well."

"Can you stand, child? I do not mind carrying you, but it will be slower, and your companion appears to be ailing as well."

Janice took a deep breath, then slowly uncurled herself. She looked up at... whoever it was that was talking to her, face red, puffy, and streaked with tears.

"Very good. Please keep hold of my hand, or the pain will return to you. I regret that I cannot help you more right now, but I will be of more assistance once we reach proper land." Brother Sparrow points to the small sailboat tied to the island and begins slowly walking Janice towards it.

1 minute ago, Fallapede said:

"Very good. Please keep hold of my hand, or the pain will return to you. I regret that I cannot help you more right now, but I will be of more assistance once we reach proper land." Brother Sparrow points to the small sailboat tied to the island and begins slowly walking Janice towards it.

"Can you--" her words caught in her throat, and she began crying again.