Siren's Call: an RP

Negative_Null

1 minute ago, The Ward's Guard said:

The colonel looked as if he didn't know how to respond to it. "I generally don't like nicknames, but since you're not under my command I can't do much about it. At least it's not like some of the others that I've heard."

"What're the other ones?" Cadenza asked, curious.

Ok, you all get all my rep ever. Sorry I have to do this

Indeed they can, Janice. But experience brings wisdom, and I have lived longer than your civilization. So perhaps I do "know a whole lot of the wrong thing", of love and of pain. Siren forgets itself. You are too young to know the pain that love can bring, even when you are with the people that love you. Perhaps loss can be a beautiful thing, like that beautiful song you sang, but I think it far better to live. To live so long that all pain is a flash in a pan, to live so long that lives cut short are scarcely different from the rest, to live so long you start to forget what's been done to you.

Well, child? I think you would then sing just as beautifully.

1 minute ago, Negative_Null said:

Indeed they can, Janice. But experience brings wisdom, and I have lived longer than your civilization. So perhaps I do "know a whole lot of the wrong thing", of love and of pain. Siren forgets itself. You are too young to know the pain that love can bring, even when you are with the people that love you. Perhaps loss can be a beautiful thing, like that beautiful song you sang, but I think it far better to live. To live so long that all pain is a flash in a pan, to live so long that lives cut short are scarcely different from the rest, to live so long you start to forget what's been done to you.

Well, child? I think you would then sing just as beautifully.

Janice looked up. "Why can't you just let me go?"

Glad you liked the song I wrote on the spot.

4 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

Janice looked up. "Why can't you just let me go?"

Because you're plot relevant, I guess. There's not that great of a reason other than that she's a main character

When we're so close to greatness, Janice? You could be one of my highest lieutenants. You have been chosen and pushed along this path since your earliest years. The humans will never accept you; you're too dangerous, too different. Take a look at what my servants see, why won't you?

Janice's vision goes black, and she sees a vision, of sorts. She is looking up at a television in a shop window from around ground level, and a newscaster is talking

"A mysterious assassin destroyed a Raodean noble's home, killing dozens-"

She is seeing a tavern or bar from up in the rafters, listening to a conversation.

"I heard the assassin was some kind of Yevon mutant."

"Nah, it was one of those Talon scum."

"Either way, I wish I could get a whack at them before they're hauled off"

Looking at the rubble of the noble manor from behind bushes, some of the workers are talking.

"How could this happen? Look, this is solid concrete, turned to dust!"

"Something dusting terrifying. I hope the Paladins find them quick."

"Yes, Hytlera lead their path to damnation."

And finally, the conversation from her friends, seeing them from under the water, the sound garbled but still intelligible.

3 hours ago, Knight of Iron said:

"For justice," Cruz answered quietly, "I killed them for their corruption, for their crimes, because God is not here to do it."

3 hours ago, The Ward's Guard said:

"Justice you say? Was it justice to kill those around them?" The colonel took a firm step towards Cruz, "was it justice to kill Staff Sergeant Kiley Feldman? What was her sin? What about Second Lieutenant Almad Biently, what did he do?"

3 hours ago, The Ward's Guard said:

The colonel seemed to be building up momentum, "what did you think, that murdering so many in cold blood would be worth it? Because you thought to get justice on your own, hundreds of people will never see their loved ones again, ever. Now what about all of those people who have to suffer through loosing someone dear to them? Who's going to give them 'justice?'"

3 hours ago, Knight of Iron said:

"The goal was to kill the corrupt leaders and all I did was kill the corrupt leaders," Cruz said, "I didn't anticipate Trace's... spree."

So... you could have that. A broken society, remnants of a broken world themselves, that never belonged here. They will hate you, but if you return they will use you. You will be captured and tried hastily so they can cut you open and see how your power works, why you are different.

Or you could join me. Oh, there will still be hate, just look at the people that curse by my name. But you will be more than they can imagine, one of the chosen few who reshapes the world into what it could be, into what I know it will be. 

Deliver yourself to their justice, or to my mercy. It's just a matter of what you trust more.

When we're so close to greatness, Janice? You could be one of my highest lieutenants. You have been chosen and pushed along this path since your earliest years. The humans will never accept you; you're too dangerous, too different. Take a look at what my servants see, why won't you?

Janice's vision goes black, and she sees a vision, of sorts. She is looking up at a television in a shop window from around ground level, and a newscaster is talking

"A mysterious assassin destroyed a Raodean noble's home, killing dozens-"

She is seeing a tavern or bar from up in the rafters, listening to a conversation.

"I heard the assassin was some kind of Yevon mutant."

"Nah, it was one of those Talon scum."

"Either way, I wish I could get a whack at them before they're hauled off"

Looking at the rubble of the noble manor from behind bushes, some of the workers are talking.

"How could this happen? Look, this is solid concrete, turned to dust!"

"Something dusting terrifying. I hope the Paladins find them quick."

"Yes, Hytlera lead their path to damnation."

And finally, the conversation from her friends, seeing them from under the water, the sound garbled but still intelligible.

So... you could have that. A broken society, remnants of a broken world themselves, that never belonged here. They will hate you, but if you return they will use you. You will be captured and tried hastily so they can cut you open and see how your power works, why you are different.

Or you could join me. Oh, there will still be hate, just look at the people that curse by my name. But you will be more than they can imagine, one of the chosen few who reshapes the world into what it could be, into what I know it will be. 

Deliver yourself to their justice, or to my mercy. It's just a matter of what you trust more.

Janice shivered, and almost looked like she was considering. "You're... making it look like I have a choice. I don't really have a choice, though."

Just now, Channelknight Fadran said:

Janice shivered, and almost looked like she was considering. "You're... making it look like I have a choice. I don't really have a choice, though."

It's interesting how that looks, isn't it? The same outcome will happen regardless, Janice, believe me. I am all too experienced at this game. You could continue to defy me and end up like Siren, or even worse. 

But see, I want you to choose. Do you remember my Dreadlords that you fought at the Halcyon Festival? You have more potential than any of those, even. I have not groomed anyone else to the degree I have you. You just need to follow the path already set out for you, rather than fighting against it.

Give me your pain, Janice :P 

6 minutes ago, Negative_Null said:

It's interesting how that looks, isn't it? The same outcome will happen regardless, Janice, believe me. I am all too experienced at this game. You could continue to defy me and end up like Siren, or even worse. 

But see, I want you to choose. Do you remember my Dreadlords that you fought at the Halcyon Festival? You have more potential than any of those, even. I have not groomed anyone else to the degree I have you. You just need to follow the path already set out for you, rather than fighting against it.

Can Vespyr hear this, or is it just hearing what Janice is saying to open air?

Just now, ProfetessaOscura said:

Can Vespyr hear this, or is it just hearing what Janice is saying to open air?

Vespyr can't hear this. The Queen is just speaking to Janice now, although Vespyr could tell the Queen's "presence" is around them currently, and vaguely the emotions the Queen is sending.

8 minutes ago, Negative_Null said:

"You don't... can't you understand?" Janice demanded. "I don't want to be your captain, or... or Dreadlord or whatever! I don't care about honor or power or recognition! All I've ever wanted was to grow up like a normal girl in a normal world, but you stole that from me! You stole the only thing I ever needed, just so you could have some... some... some killer! Someone who goes around and hurts people because you want them to!"

She stood up, screaming defiantly at wherever she thought the Queen's voice was coming from. "You're never going to have me! You're never going to break me! I won't join you! NEVER!"

Gotchya!

Vespyr felt the Queen's focus on Janice, felt the Queen's flippant disregard.  Good.  To have the focus of the Queen was to have failed.  To be ignored... that was the reward.  The creature stayed still.  Had it still had its eyes, it would have been blinking frantically in a nervous tick, eyes wildly unfocused from the fear of it.  Fear wasn't something that Vespyr could properly express, not anymore. 

7 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"You don't... can't you understand?" Janice demanded. "I don't want to be your captain, or... or Dreadlord or whatever! I don't care about honor or power or recognition! All I've ever wanted was to grow up like a normal girl in a normal world, but you stole that from me! You stole the only thing I ever needed, just so you could have some... some... some killer! Someone who goes around and hurts people because you want them to!"

She stood up, screaming defiantly at wherever she thought the Queen's voice was coming from. "You're never going to have me! You're never going to break me! I won't join you! NEVER!"

Dusts, Fadran, why are you so good at this :) . I'm sorry we have to give Janice her, what, third torture scene?

All the warmth fled from the Queen's voice. I tire of this. I would have Siren throw you off the spire, but I've invested too much time to have you die like that. At the very least, I will enjoy breaking you personally.

She opens her focus to Vespyr. You will leave as soon as you are rested enough to make it. Drop her off on the balcony of my tower after making sure she carries no weapons.

22 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

Vespyr stood, then checked Janice for weapons brusquely.  After a thorough search, Vespyr drained a bottle of nectar wordlessly.  It pitied Janice, but it knew that there was no way to convey that to the girl, no facial expression to make, no words to say, no tears to weep.  Lips taut in a thin line, Vespyr ensured that Janice was properly bound, then immediately shot into the air, clutching Janice tightly in long, bony fingers.  "Expect us within the hour, your Majesty," Vespyr breathed, alongside the wind.

8 minutes ago, Negative_Null said:

All the warmth fled from the Queen's voice. I tire of this. I would have Siren throw you off the spire, but I've invested too much time to have you die like that. At the very least, I will enjoy breaking you personally.

She opens her focus to Vespyr. You will leave as soon as you are rested enough to make it. Drop her off on the balcony of my tower after making sure she carries no weapons.

4 minutes ago, ProfetessaOscura said:

Vespyr stood, then checked Janice for weapons brusquely.  After a thorough search, Vespyr drained a bottle of nectar wordlessly.  It pitied Janice, but it knew that there was no way to convey that to the girl, no facial expression to make, no words to say, no tears to weep.  Lips taut in a thin line, Vespyr ensured that Janice was properly bound, then immediately shot into the air, clutching Janice tightly in long, bony fingers.  "Expect us within the hour, your Majesty," Vespyr breathed, alongside the wind.

Janice's breath panicked. "Wait... no..."

30 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

Janice's breath panicked. "Wait... no..."

Within the hour, Vespyr had deposited Janice, all tied up like a present, onto the Queen's balcony.  Vespyr's heart was pounding.  It honestly should have spent the night at the spire, but that... that would have been foolish, to waste the Queen's time in the name of self-care.  Vespyr dropped to one knee, right hand splayed on the marble flooring, left hand clasped across the chest, head bowed reverently, waiting on the Queen's acknowledgement. @Negative_Null