Siren's Call: an RP

Negative_Null

2 minutes ago, The Ward's Guard said:

"Colonel Tulcam of the Raodean army. You are under arrest for acts of terrorism and mass murder. You will be taken into my custody and tried for your crimes in a fair court of Raodean law." The colonel watched Cruz carefully, taking note of his reactions.

"Well hello there, Colonel," he said cheerfully, "Now, under Raodean law, could I be charged with mass murder if I wasn't actually the one committing the mass murder? If I didn't do any of the actual terrorizing, would the charges carry over?"

Just now, Matrim's Dice said:

Maddy stood behind Colonel awkwardly.

Cruz does not look over at her.

Hmm... Cruz court proceedings arc? Sounds very exciting to RP about.

Just now, Knight of Iron said:

"Well hello there, Colonel," he said cheerfully, "Now, under Raodean law, could I be charged with mass murder if I wasn't actually the one committing the mass murder? If I didn't do any of the actual terrorizing, would the charges carry over?"

Cruz does not look over at her.

"That is the point of a court of law; we will determine whether or not the charges are true, and you will be punished accordingly. If you attempt to resist or escape in any way, I am authorized to use lethal force." The colonel's tone of voice suggested that the he was encouraging Cruz to try to run.

6 minutes ago, The Ward's Guard said:

"That is the point of a court of law; we will determine whether or not the charges are true, and you will be punished accordingly. If you attempt to resist or escape in any way, I am authorized to use lethal force." The colonel's tone of voice suggested that the he was encouraging Cruz to try to run.

Quick question, is the colonel wanting Cruz to run because he wants authorization to use lethal force and sadistically cause harm to Cruz, or something else?

3 minutes ago, Knight of Iron said:

Definitely lethal force. He's quite upset about the deaths.

In fact, I suggest someone try to cool him down a bit.

The colonel watched Cruz's movements carefully with a cold glint in his eyes that looked as if it could easily light ablaze. He stood as if he were a predatory cat, ready to pounce at the first sign of Cruz making any sudden movements. He couldn't stop thinking about all of those names that he saw on the list, and it didn't help that a good portion of them were not only men he knew and served with, but they were close to retiring to live at peace with their families. He remembered their faces, and he could never forget them, nor could he forget that they were now gone, and if he had been better at securing Trace, he could have saved them.

Just now, The Ward's Guard said:

The colonel watched Cruz's movements carefully with a cold glint in his eyes that looked as if it could easily light ablaze. He stood as if he were a predatory cat, ready to pounce at the first sign of Cruz making any sudden movements. He couldn't stop thinking about all of those names that he saw on the list, and it didn't help that a good portion of them were not only men he knew and served with, but they were close to retiring to live at peace with their families. He remembered their faces, and he could never forget them, nor could he forget that they were now gone, and if he had been better at securing Trace, he could have saved them.

Cruz smile vanished. "You okay, friend?"

3 minutes ago, The Ward's Guard said:

The colonel ignored the question, "keep your hands where I can see them!" Without looking away from Cruz, he gestured at Maddy. "You got anything to restrain him with?"

Maddy can restrain him if he actually lashes out or something. 

"Uh, no." Maddy said. "I didn't expect to have to cuff anyone."

4 minutes ago, The Ward's Guard said:

The colonel ignored the question, "keep your hands where I can see them!" Without looking away from Cruz, he gestured at Maddy. "You got anything to restrain him with?"

Cruz raises his hands calmly above his head. "I'm sorry about the deaths," he said, "I'm going to do better. Less collateral."

Just now, Condensation said:

Never. Try Aryanna.

xD

That's sort of the problem, though... Maddy isn't the type to ask, though she'd accept if she was asked. So Aryanna would have to try Maddy, and preferably have a reason to do so other than plot :P 

Just now, Matrim's Dice said:

xD

That's sort of the problem, though... Maddy isn't the type to ask, though she'd accept if she was asked. So Aryanna would have to try Maddy, and preferably have a reason to do so other than plot :P 

So... can Maddy get more open? Because then Aryanna would plausibly have a reason to ask.

Just now, Knight of Iron said:

Cruz raises his hands calmly above his head. "I'm sorry about the deaths," he said, "I'm going to do better. Less collateral."

The colonel's expression flared with anger for a brief second before calming down to a low burning ember. "I don't care if you're 'going to do better,' you have to pay for what you've already done."

May I ask that the one person he knows try to calm him down; he's known for his anger, as you might soon find out. Hence the nickname "Colonel Cinder."

@Matrim's Dice

3 minutes ago, Condensation said:

So... can Maddy get more open? Because then Aryanna would plausibly have a reason to ask.

Probably. She'll need to deal with Colonel/Cruz first, and then feasibly could wander over to Aryanna. 

2 minutes ago, The Ward's Guard said:

The colonel's expression flared with anger for a brief second before calming down to a low burning ember. "I don't care if you're 'going to do better,' you have to pay for what you've already done."

@Matrim's Dice

Maddy hesitantly put a hand out in front of Colonel. "I agree that the crime is real, but this man seems to be sincere. He likely should be taken into custody, but to do so calmly is what I think is appropriate for one of your rank. Sir."

Edited by Matrim's Dice

6 minutes ago, Matrim's Dice said:

Maddy hesitantly put a hand out in front of Colonel. "I agree that the crime is real, but this man seems to be sincere. He likely should be taken into custody, but to do so calmly is what I think is appropriate for one of your rank. Sir."

The colonel snapped his head to glare at Maddy when she place her hand in front of him, only to realize who he was looking at. As he looked at Maddy, shame swept across his face as he lowered his head slightly; he took in a deep breath. The colonel looked up at Cruz after a few seconds, his face more composed, "we'll need you to turn over all of your weapons."

Edited by The Ward's Guard

Ok, well, I'm here, and the plot has moved on without me. Let's see here...

3 hours ago, Matrim's Dice said:

"What about the... thing that left with Janice?"

So Vespyr and Janice already left?

I'll start figuring out Raodean legality stuff

Fish still has an arc he wants me to help him with, so everyone stand by that

And... Jay is just standing around, I guess :P 

Just tell me if this doesn't fit

I'm disappointed, child. You should have come rather than trying to kill the girl. It's clear that you let your emotions get in the way of the most essential work. My pawn will bring you to me and I will have to spend much more effort completing you than I would have otherwise.

As for you, Janice, your passion does you credit. It's unfortunate that you refuse to become one with Trace. You would be a potent Lord for me. It could have been done more kindly, but now the pieces are set.

Siren, come to the Hive with full speed. We have lost enough time already.

Just now, Negative_Null said:

I'm disappointed, child. You should have come rather than trying to kill the girl. It's clear that you let your emotions get in the way of the most essential work. My pawn will bring you to me and I will have to spend much more effort completing you than I would have otherwise.

As for you, Janice, your passion does you credit. It's unfortunate that you refuse to become one with Trace. You would be a potent Lord for me. It could have been done more kindly, but now the pieces are set.

Janice shies back. "Umm... what are you going to do with me?"

4 minutes ago, Negative_Null said:

Vespyr returned a general feeling of agreement.  The winds shot them forward, propelling them at a great speed.  The stockpile of nectar would last them at least until Vespyr's Spire, and there was more nectar there to be consumed in this shooting flight back to the homeland.  Vespyr did not at all seem to mind being called a pawn.  In its experience, pawns could often be ignored by the greater enemy, underestimated.