Siren's Call: an RP

Negative_Null

5 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

Janice gave her one last hug, then turned to Vespyr. "We can go now."

@ProfetessaOscura

Vespyr reached out and took Janice’s hand. The wind gushed around them, and they lifted to the sky. Once they were dots in the sky, their shadow shot across the sun. 

in an eyeblink, Janice was gone. And there was no knowing if any of them would see her again. 

22 minutes ago, ProfetessaOscura said:

Vespyr reached out and took Janice’s hand. The wind gushed around them, and they lifted to the sky. Once they were dots in the sky, their shadow shot across the sun. 

in an eyeblink, Janice was gone. And there was no knowing if any of them would see her again. 

Cadenza waved and waved until she couldn't see Janice anymore. And then she kept waving.

17 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

TBH, I’m kind of surprised Lloyd ws the only one who got hyper angry at Vespyr  

It’s like everyone is saying “I love you” to Janice as she’s being frozen in carbonite, and her last words are “I know.”  Vespyr is just no-as-much-of-a-jerk-as-they-could-have-been Darth Vader.

The colonel woke to the smell of something burning. When he opened his eyes, all he saw was burned grass around him. He didn't move for a second, trying to gather his thoughts in order to remember how he got here. He remembered people, a mission? Trace. The colonel snapped up, moving into a combat crouch, doing a quick scan of the area, finding himself alone. He remembered waiting for the right moment to strike, then not much else. He must have had another episode, something must have triggered the memories. Given that he was alone, he must have been knocked out, yes that was it, knocked out, wasn't it? That was wrong, but the alternative was much worst than being wrong. The colonel reloaded his sidearm as he did a damage assessment on himself, and he then started to retrace his steps; they were clearly marked by footprints of burned grass. Voices came from a short way off, which drew the colonel's attention. He approached the voices carefully to see if he could get a visual before deciding on what to do. When the colonel saw that it was Jay and his friends, the colonel stopped and assessed the situation before deciding to stand up and reveal himself. He walked towards the group, looking for Maddy.

@Matrim's Dice

7 minutes ago, The Ward's Guard said:

The colonel looked relieved to see Maddy, if only slightly.

"I don't think things went that well for me, do you need medical attention?"

“Maybe a little. My Veil should hold up, though.

“Do you know the plan moving forward? It sounds like they... are going shopping.”

1 hour ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"Where's the Queen?" Janice asked.

Lol, heck if I know, but we can ask @Negative_Null

"It is a journey," Vespyr explained, "We will make it to my spire before nightfall."  Good thing they'd stopped at the cave before really getting going; it would have been embarrassing to have forgotten their supplies.  "From my spire, we will fly into her waters and I will surrender you into her care."

8 minutes ago, ProfetessaOscura said:

"It is a journey," Vespyr explained, "We will make it to my spire before nightfall."  Good thing they'd stopped at the cave before really getting going; it would have been embarrassing to have forgotten their supplies.  "From my spire, we will fly into her waters and I will surrender you into her care."

"And you don't know anything about what she wants with Trace?"

1 hour ago, The Ward's Guard said:

"I don't know, I've been out of action for the last- wait, shopping?"

Maddy shrugged. “That’s what I’ve heard.”

Also, been wondering for awhile... what exactly *cough* is Vespyr?

19 minutes ago, Matrim's Dice said:

Maddy shrugged. “That’s what I’ve heard.”

Vespyr's Character sheet:

Spoiler

Name: Vespyr (Alias: Siren)

Physical Characteristics: Vespyr is shapeless in layers of linen, gray flowing robes draped over every limb. A plain white mask with no eye-slits keeps whatever facial features this person possesses hidden completely.  Those who have seen their face draw back in fear; the eyes are missing, scarred over.  The skin color is indistinguishable from whatever it once might have been; years of scars on top of scars have completely disfigured the flesh.  The ears are gnarled, twisted things, and Vespyr's nose has been broken and healed over multiple times.  None of these wounds have been inflicted in combat.

Investiture: Nectar-addict.  It looks as if Vespyr uses magic from the Vortex and Immerse skillset initially, but really the aspect is vibration absorption and expulsion.  Vespyr can absorb practically any kind of vibration, stockpiling that energy and releasing it in a variety of ways, including in vibrations of the air.  Using nectar allows Vespyr to circumnavigate stockpiling absorbed vibration as fuel, making Vespyr a terrifying force of nature.

Skills: Vespyr can manipulate air(including minute vibrations of the air) and water, and is usually found when sailors venture too close to Assassination Classroom the Queen's Lair. The Queen had a bundle of children raised from birth to act as guardians and waypoint guides.  Vespyr has always been the most effective of those children; no intruder has ever bypassed this creature, a being that can barely be called human.

Equipment:  Vespyr has no weapon.  This creature needs no weapon when water takes form for them and the wind is their companion.

Weakness: Nectar addict.  Vespyr has been constantly kept under the influence of a cocktail of drugs dissolved into nectar.  Vespyr is nearing the end of their usefulness, due to the toll the drugs take on their veil and body.  If cut off from the next dose, Siren would become deadly ill, and would probably need a healer's constant attention to maintain their life force.  This keeps the creature from ever really thinking beyond its orders or feeling the pain, fear, doubt, hunger, or agony.  Vespyr was built to be a destructive tool.  Vespyr usually attacks from a distance, because if Vespyr can be pulled into a windbreak(away from open air) or away from where they can see the water, they are significantly less effective.  Vespyr is physically weak, but attacks with elemental blasts of great force.

Family: Vespyr was removed from a family at birth.  Although Vespyr could easily obtain their information, Vespyr would not want to disrupt any happy family with the weighty knowledge that their child was a monster.

Backstory: Vespyr is often titled "Siren" because they enjoy the sound of the wind, and they manipulate vibrations in the air for sheer enjoyment, causing haunting melodies and keening sounds to echo over the ocean.  Most people who venture close enough to find the source of these sounds have trespassed, and are either turned away or slain.

Guild:  Assassination Classroom

Psyche (can be combined with personality if neccessary): Mentally unwell.  Addicted to a cocktail of numbing drugs with a nectar base.

Personality:  Likes music.  Fears the queen.  Dislikes beatings.  Is often beaten, but does not return fire, because Vespyr cannot survive without the next dose of Nectar.

Appearance:

Spoiler

Vespyr.thumb.jpg.be82413428ab4e47257e5915bef84555.jpg

Spoiler

Siren.thumb.jpg.4fc165089060badbb77537ff43933c25.jpg

Theme Song (optional): Maybe... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aA_mowpNlyc (Shatter Me)

Fighting Style: Distant.  Can fight 1x1, but is seldom brought to that point.  Is not proficient in close confines fighting, and often uses panicked, powerful blows to try to recover lost distance.