Siren's Call: an RP

Negative_Null

Hey everyone, Null here with a new roleplay. This comes from a series I wrote with my friend. The series will probably never be published in its current form, but I couldn't let all our worldbuilding go to waste! I've attached a doc that's a summary of all the worldbuilding we did, or I have a TL;DR of the summary in the spoiler below.

Spoiler

TL;DR, we're on a planet with five Nations that all mostly get along.

Myria is the aristocratic one, Raodea is a confederacy, Sabir is a democracy, Amaria is a frontier, and Roanoke is recovering from an apocalypse.

Our characters can have magic powers if they want to, and everyone has a Veil, which shields them from some harm. If you're a Duster, you've trained to use your powers and Veil. Your Aspect allows you to use some sort of fuel (like heat, light, emotion, anything really) and convert or manipulate it. You also can Overload it and use your own body as fuel, which makes it much more powerful.

There are different kinds of Dusters, but almost all trained at one of the five academies. Each Nation has one, and they all focus on different things. Paladins are the most common Dusters, ones that join the military of a Nation and work for them. The Guardians are an independent group that focus on defending small settlements that Paladins normally might not. There are other Duster groups that don't have a worldwide presence too, and independent Dusters that do what they want. Dusters are a flamboyant lot, often decorating their armor or creating unique weapons that suit them and their aspects.

The world needs Dusters because of the Yevon, shadowy creatures corrupted by Qhoral that like to kill and destroy. Many are animals corrupted by magic crystal and others are much stranger. 

Fortunately, Qhoral does other stuff that's useful, like combine with metals to make Altheym or can be turned into a powerful drug named Nectar. It has 12 different elements that do different things when they are triggered or mix.

You can be a Sylven, a person with some kind of animal trait. If you are a Sylven, your reflexes are much faster, you're a little stronger, and whatever your trait is gives you a benefit. However, you are corrupted and hurt by Qhoral much more easily.

There's a Halcyon festival every year for the academies where they have a big competition.

There's a terrorist organization that's been growing bigger and stronger every year for almost 50 years called the Talon. They say they are for Sylven rights and equality but not everyone believes them. They're still very mysterious.

Strange rumours have been floating around recently about various things

Because this world is big, complex, and has a bunch of secrets, I'm going to play a bit more like a DM than some of the other RPs on this site. I don't really have a plan for where we're going though, so please come in and explore Siren!

Characters

Spoiler

Jay Argentae

Spoiler

Species: Human

Aspect: Force redirection

Profession: Independent Duster

Weapon: Unnamed: A staff with a number of attachments and features, including an Altheymic grenade launcher and an electromagnetic shield.

Team: None

Appearance: Jay is shorter than average and slight. He looks about 23, which would mean he just graduated from one of the Academies. He wears a silver jacket with blue highlights, and has bleached his hair as well. He favors light armor, focusing more on knee, elbow, and shoulder pads, which is a common method for mobile fighters. Jay has blue eyes, freckles, and a young looking face, which lead many to underestimate him.

Aryanna

Spoiler

Species: Human

Aspect: Slight healing

Profession: Somewhat important government perdon

Weapon: Long knives she stashes in her boots

Team: The good guys, I guess?

Appearance: Long auburn hair, striking green eyes, wears tight fitting shirt with leather-ish jacket and black pants, long black boots, currently hiding in cloak.

Janice

Spoiler

Janice:

Species: Yevon (Fey)

Aspect: ...:ph34r:

Profession: Basically a nomad trying to be not murdered

Weapon: One dagger made of pure storming Qhoral. 

Team: N/A

Appearance: I'll try to draw this girl (or get Rev to do it...), but I'll throw down my idea for her anyways. She's a regular-looking girl, relatively muscular and a very alleycat spryness to her build. She has short black hair, deep blue eyes, and brownish skin. Her most defining feature, though, are the series of dark veins crisscrossing her body. She tries to hide these by wearing long cloaks and the like, but they're kind of hard to miss.

Cadenza

Spoiler

Cadenza, a young Duster prodigy from Myria, her family and all 5 academies told her that she can't go to the academies because she's too young, so she trained herself from books and practiced on bushes. She's on a mission to get rid of as many Yevon as possible and prove herself so that all of the academies want her, and then she'll go to none of them.

Her power is to manipulate water(including water in the air), and she turns it into ice. Think hardcore Elsa. She can also resist cold because she's been practicing(not natural), so she can freeze ice around various body parts for last-minute weapons.

She wears leggings that are light ice blue with snowflake patterns in icy white. Her shirt is long-sleeved, it's the same white, and it's a little longer than average. The lower part is stiff and flares slightly to look somewhat like a skirt. She has a half cape attached to her shoulders, it's the same as the leggings except it's translucent. She wears icy white ankle boots with kitten heels with a single snowflake in the light ice blue on the toe.

She has dark chocolate-colored skin, with glossy black hair that starts tapering at her shoulder blades and ends slightly past her waist. It's always gorgeous no matter what she does with it. She has an exotic beauty that comes from combined ancestry from all 5 Nations. Her eyes are large, long-lashed, and bright green. Her nose is petite, her ears are pierced(she wears icy white snowflake earrings), and her lips are soft, pinkish brown, and large.

Lloyd

Spoiler

Species- Human

Aspects- Fear

Profession-Independent Duster (A Talon Assassin) 

Weapon-Two small daggers with small crystals in the hilt.

Team-None

Appearances-Lloyd is a young man of about 18 and he is slightly above average height. He has town hair and dark green eyes. He has a muscular frame and can often be caught starring into the distance when no one is there.

Torao

Spoiler

(My summary of her because I don't think Queen did a sheet)

Species-Tiger Sylven

Profession-Independent or none

Weapon-Natural claws

Aspect-Unknown

Appearances-

Behind the group came a Sylven, black tiger stripes crisscrossing their face and arms. They had dark chin-length hair, capped with a green fedora. Intense blueish-grey eyes sharply contrasted the almost comical appearance of the hat and a four-leaf clover peeking out of their shirt pocket. 

First scene:Jay Argentae is in Halcyon Stadium, wandering around the many shops and vendors. He was told to meet someone here by a mysterious note.

If the first few people that join want to start somewhere else, please tell me. There's a huge number of places we can go and events we could experience, I figured this was just a good, generic place to start.

Worldbuilding for the Siren RP.pdf

Edited by Negative_Null
Updating Characters :)

Do I want to join? Yes.

Do I have time? Enough.

Should I join? Probably not.

Will I join? Of course!

A mysterious person in a cloak stands up and walks towards Jay.

Tell me if what my characters do is incorrect or something

Edited by Vapor

18 minutes ago, Negative_Null said:

"Aryanna, I'm Jay. I'm sure I can help a little bit with your problem."

Okay thanks. Yes I read it.

"I know. That's why I contacted you." Aryanna says. "The thing is," she says, lowering her voice and looking around again. "I'm being followed."

Oh geez

"For your aiding and abetting of humans over Sylven, you have become the prey of the Talon."

Jay looks up

"That really doesn't narrow it down, does it? I guess the reason why doesn't matter to much to a bunch of nutjobs. Have you seen them following you?"

"Of course."

Jay turns to walk out of the alleyway.

"Let's go find some friends of mine. They should be here for the festival"

Mentioning some people so i can try and get some more players, please

@Truthless of Shinovar, @xinoehp512 @Channelknight Fadran @Blessing of Potency @I Used To Be A Fish