Hello, Shardbearers! FREE wallpaper

jastzui

Hello! I hope you are well in these trying times.

Due to the lockdown I found myself with a lot of free time which, of course, was spent reacquainting myself to a dusty reading list. The Stormlight Archive series had. Me. Hooked. In my heady pursuit to find the next fix I found this forum and you wonderful people! To say the least I am beyond excited for The Rhythm of War.

Given that I wasn't aware of the sites existence during the last month I had no outlet for the pent-up energy I got from each read. Anxious to do something I started to doodle my favorite scenes. Eventually I found myself digging for an old drawing tablet gifted to me years and years ago and, with no job, had a lot of free time to learn how to paint digitally :)It was very challenging but after a bunch of youtube tutorials I'm glad to share the first fruit of my labor.

In my Gallery is a painting I did of Kaladin after reading Oathbringer. I wanted to illustrate him flying ahead of a highstorm. Alas, there are a lot of things I wanted to do but currently lack the skills to execute. 

This is the first time I am sharing an artwork online and I hope you enjoy it!

Welcome! Hope you are doing good as well! So glad you happened to dust off that reading list or we wouldn't have been blessed with the artwork!! And so awesome you found us too! Glad to have you!

Starting with new tools or programs is tough, if this was your first project with the tablet that is amazing! Sounds like the perfect use of an unused present and some free time (besides reading Sanderson and talking to us ofc :P).

Left you a full review of the artwork a bit ago in the gallery page (hint: ABSOLUTELY STUNNING). And if that's what you can produce while "there are a lot of things I wanted to do but currently lack the skills to execute" then I can't wait to see more of your work. 

Welcome to the Shard!

Thank you for the warm welcome and I'm giddy that you are all liking the picture. I'm glad I made the decision to share it and this place was a perfect fit.

4 hours ago, Mist said:

Have you read other books by Brandon?

The first Mistborn trilogy from like 10 years ago. I'm surprised to see there are more - I think it's time for a reread!

1 minute ago, jastzui said:

Thank you for the warm welcome and I'm giddy that you are all liking the picture. I'm glad I made the decision to share it and this place was a perfect fit.

The first Mistborn trilogy from like 10 years ago. I'm surprised to see there are more - I think it's time for a reread!

Sounds like a great idea! Warbreaker, Elantris, and the short stories/novellas in Arcanum Unbounded are also Cosmere. They're also great, although some think they aren't quite as good as the Stormlight Archive.

13 minutes ago, Mist said:

Sounds like a great idea! Warbreaker, Elantris, and the short stories/novellas in Arcanum Unbounded are also Cosmere. They're also great, although some think they aren't quite as good as the Stormlight Archive.

Spoilt for choice really while waiting for November. I am still trying to wrap my head around the Cosmere but without spoiling myself too much. I remember thoroughly enjoying the original mistborn series do you reckon I can pick up from the wax and wayne series or will I have to revisit the first trilogy. I have to be economical with my approach, I have artistic projects planned for SA and I'm afraid of being creatively distracted  ;P

Edited by jastzui

1 minute ago, jastzui said:

Spoilt for choice really while waiting for November. I am still trying to wrap my head around the Cosmere but without spoiling myself too much. I remember thoroughly enjoying the original mistborn series do you reckon I can pick up from the wax and wayne series or will I have to revisit the first trilogy. I have to be economical with my approach, I have artistic projects planned for SA I'm afraid of being creatively distracted  ;P

They're separate series in the same world but at different times, so I think you'd probably be fine. 

Can't wait (well, I can, but the phrase) to see the other projects!