Hello, everyone!

Ptolema

Hi! I have no idea how introductions work but I'll figure it out! Well, I'd known for a while that the Stormlight Archive existed, but didn't get around to reading it til a few weeks ago, since hearing there was some spectrum representation got me interested and now I guess it's got me hooked! I read Mistborn and Warbreaker a long, long time ago so I may have forgotten a lot about the Cosmere but these days I just randomly re-read parts of Oathbringer!

I kept ending up here, reading theories and some posts I just liked to re-read, so might as well stop lurking now! So hi, all!

4 minutes ago, Darkfinder said:

Hello and welcome to the shard 

What is your favourite book

Who is your favourite characterMore lurkers coming out of hiding 

Thanks! And, hm. Probably any of the Reckoners books? Mostly Calamity. 

As for my favorite character, probably Renarin Kholin, followed by Siri and Susebron.

10 hours ago, Honorless said:

Hi, welcome to the Shard!

How did you discover Sanderson?

Have you taken the official Knights Radiant quiz?

A long while ago, my mother and I traveled to one of the few physical bookstores still left around here. I bought a couple books, including Steelheart. That was the first Sanderson book I read.

Yes, I have taken the quiz. I got Truthwatcher, which I am exceedingly happy about. I don't remember which one followed since I didn't think of saving the results at the time.

7 hours ago, Sorana said:

Hello and welcome!

I'm glad SA got you hooked and that you decided to create and account! It's always great to greet new people!

Thank you!

7 hours ago, Mist said:

Welcome! What's your favorite magic system? Would you bring it into our world? 

Surgebinding? And probably yes, purely because the idea of people going around with their Surges is ridiculously amusing. I imagine the rivalry between Orders arguing online about which one is the best on some sort of frat-house-rivalry style, but still being chill at the end of the day, especially when they'd have to work to fix a problem. Is that weird? I find the mental image to be very amusing.

4 hours ago, Krox said:

SA is where it really takes off isn't it..!

Welcome my friend - which planet/area of that planet would be your ideal vacation location?

The Reshi Isles! The concept of a mainland and endless land in each direction is kind of freaky to me so I like islands, in general. The Reshi Isles also give me a bit of a tropical vibe and I'm all for that.

Edited by Ptolema
Had not realized multi-quote was an option.

4 hours ago, Ptolema said:

I imagine the rivalry between Orders arguing online about which one is the best on some sort of frat-house-rivalry style, but still being chill at the end of the day, especially when they'd have to work to fix a problem. Is that weird? I find the mental image to be very amusing.

That's great, would you let me use that idea in a Surgebinders on Earth RP we have? Because that is totally a thing people would do.

Anyway, hi, welcome! If you like spectrum rep, you might like Mistborn Era Two as well.

3 hours ago, AonEne said:

That's great, would you let me use that idea in a Surgebinders on Earth RP we have? Because that is totally a thing people would do.

Anyway, hi, welcome! If you like spectrum rep, you might like Mistborn Era Two as well.

Sure, do as you wish.

And hm, hadn't realized there were more Mistborn books since I read the others so long ago. Thank you, I'll go check them out as soon as I can.

9 hours ago, Ptolema said:

The Reshi Isles! The concept of a mainland and endless land in each direction is kind of freaky to me so I like islands, in general. The Reshi Isles also give me a bit of a tropical vibe and I'm all for that.

Reshi seems like a fairly decent place to go for sure - I think the Purelake would also be very nice if you can stand always having wet feet!

Welcome, welcome! We are all about just figuring it out here don't hesitate to reach out if you have any questions!

So glad you got hooked on SA! It is such an amazing series! Random rereads of the books is quite an excellent habit, much applaud :D (And if you happen to master random rereads WHILE doing other things let me know, would make things so much more enjoyable!)

Glad you decided to join us! I think if you just kept coming here then it's a good sign our Comserefaninator is working. Glad it won't be needing repairs again this week can be rather tiresome :P! Welcome to the Shard!