Hockey Players!

Hello there! This is a place where you can meet other hockey players(if there is any) and talk about hockey! If you play hockey, please post here, because right now I think I am the only one.:ph34r:

Edited by Bearer of all agonies
I am starting to get lonely.

• 4 weeks later...

We can't be the only hockey players on a forum of this side. That's just crazy. 

Hi! I play left wing or center. I've played on a rural team, church hockey with my dad, and a girls league. I haven't played on an actual league in a long time, but my friends and I play it for fun at the local arena every once in a while.

My favourite NHL team is Vancouver Canucks, and it has been my favourite team since I was old enough to know what the NHL was. I am not just somebody who jumped on the band wagon when they were doing good. 

Ayyyyyyyyyy! Sorry for not responding sooner, i was very busy. It's great to meet another Hockey player here, I thought I was the only one. Nice! I play usually play center, but I sometimes play defese of wing. My favorite NHL team is the Philidelphia Flyers. I know. I'm sorry. I play In a bantam legue, so checking. It kinda sucks that we check because I'm like the shortest person in the league, but whatever. Hockey is Hockey. It's Nice to meet you! Sorry I gotta go.

I understand the frustration of the league allowing checking, especially when you are short. I'm 5' 0.5", so I totally understand. Though I actually find sometimes being shorter helps more than being tall. You have a lower center of gravity. :) It also helps that I'm built a little tougher than most short people. If I was in The Lord Of the Rings I'd be a tough hobbit or a dwarf. 

Yeah, this is so true. Over all, i like being small, but when there's checking it kinda is. . . wierd. I'm like half the height of half the people who play hockey. :P I had hockey practice today. It was really fun. Great to be out on the ice again. I recently broke my arm, so I have to stick handle with one arm, but I can skate fine. It's still really fun.

Yeah, hopefully not. When we went to the doctors to get my full cast off and put on a splint, they said, “Did you know, you actually had two broken bones, one in the arm and one in the hand?” 
We politely said no, but we were thinking, “No! How could we know? You have the X-Rays! We don’t! You never told us!”

:P It was pretty funny. 

Zambonis are awesome. Yay! Another skater! Woohoo! Wearing masks on the ice sucks. You can barely breathe. But I'll do it,because then I can play hockey. :D

Skating in general is just so fun. 

Sometimes I'll watch a hockey game, and then watch a soccer game, and I'm like, "Why are they so slow? Hurry up! Your slow!" The difference in speed is incredible.

Edited by Bearer of all agonies

• 3 weeks later...

Recap: Last week we played two games against our rivals. We thought that they were going to win, but 16 seconds into the game, we scored. Emotions were high, we were feeling great. But at the end of the period, it was 5-1 the other team. Halfway throught the secondperiod, it was 7-1 and one of our players accedently tripped and checked another player into the boards. He was knocked unconcious, and got a major concussion. The rink manager called the ambulance and they took him to the hospital. We had to end the game early because of that. Between games we went outside, and played a friendly soccer game with them. It was really fun, and they were all really nice. The second game ended 7-4 them. Then, this week we played them again, and they were up 5-1 and we came back and scored three goals and made the game 5-4. I scored one of those goals on a breakaway. It was great. 

• 4 weeks later...
1 minute ago, GreyHive said:

@Bearer of all agonies crazy story above! Sounds like a lot of fun.

I've never played ice hockey, but I play in a novice, beer league roller hockey team with folks from work. I've never had more fun.

Awesome! That's really cool. Yeah, Hpckey is realy fun. The ultimate team sport.