Imperial Nomic: The Final Empire

Vote on the next Nomic theme!  

10 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think the theme of the Imperial Nomic Sequel should be? Mark as many as you want.

• Scadrial (Era 2 Elendel)
    • Nalthis (Hallendren Court of Gods)
    • Roshar (Alethi Highprincedoms)
    • Roshar (Azish Bureaucracy)
    • Sel (Nobility in Post-Reod Arelon)
    • Sel (Factions in the Rose Empire)
    • Taldain (Lossandin Profession Heads)
    • Scadrial (Well of Ascension time period)
    • Scadrial (Immediate Post-Catacendre)
    • Cytoverse (Alien cultures in the Superiority)
    • Alcatraz (Free Kingdoms)
    • Reckoners (Epics in Newcago)

On 8/25/2020 at 11:37 AM, ElectrumSavant said:

Basic Rules

Reveal hidden contents
  • 001- All players must always abide by all the rules then in effect, in the form in which they are then in effect. 
  • 002- Rules come into effect at the moment that the Lord Ruler or Senate approves them.
  • 003- Any player besides the Lord Ruler may make a Proposal or Amendment, which can affect any rule, including the Basic Rules. Players gain 16 Atium for any proposal or amendment that they make that is approved by the Lord Ruler. If a proposal is rejected then the house is taxed a flat 8 Atium for inconveniencing the Lord Ruler. All proposals must follow 17th Shard guidelines, as detailed in the 17 Shard Code of Conduct.
  • 004- If rules come into conflict with each other or a player violates a rule, a player may Call For Judgement. If this happens, the Lord Ruler will determine the proper interpretation of the rules, and may award or take away Atium. The Lord Ruler can fine a house up to 10 Atium for failing to follow rules. To officially Call for Judgement, a player must Bold and color orange to make it easier for TLR to identify them. (ie. "I think this is in violation of rule 201, so I Call for Judgement"
  • 005- A player (except for the Lord Ruler) wins when they gather 1,024 Atium.
  • 006-The game ends when any player wins.
  • 007- If a player wishes to amend a proposal that has not yet passed, they must get the consent of the person who originally proposed it. If a player wishes to amend a rule that has already been approved, they do not need to do this. If a player gets consent to propose an amendment, and then the original proposal is accepted with that amendment, both players receive Atium, split evenly. If the reward is odd, the remainder goes to the original proposer. If only the original proposal is accepted, only the original proposer gets the Atium. To be clear, if two people have similar ideas then there isn't anything stopping them from both submitting a proposal. This law is meant to make it so that players can collaborate on a single proposal if they want to.

Offices

Reveal hidden contents
  • 101- The Lord Ruler has the power to approve or reject all Proposals and Amendments. The Lord Ruler cannot make Proposals or Amendments on his/her own. However, the Lord Ruler can post suggestions about laws that he/she would support, and can provide reasoning in the posts listing rejections and approvals. The Lord Ruler cannot gain or lose Atium while in office. The Lord Ruler cannot win while in office. The starting Lord Ruler is ElectrumSavant.
  • 102- The Lord Ruler can appoint any one person at a time who volunteers for the position as the High Prelan. The High Prelan has the role of posting a Census as often as the High Prelan wishes, although it can't be more often than once per page. This Census should include a list of all players who have posted in the last two weeks and their current amount of Atium, the current roles, and any pending Proposals or Amendments. The High Prelan gets 10 Atium for every Census posted. The Lord Ruler can change the High Prelan at any time.
  • 103- The High Prelan can rewrite pending proposals and amendments, as long as the meaning of the proposals are not changed.
  • 104- If the Lord Ruler has not made a post in two weeks and the Lord Ruler was not the last person to post, the High Prelan can become the Lord Ruler by posting "I am the new Lord Ruler" or something to that effect. If the High Prelan also has not posted in two weeks, then the first person to post "I am the new Lord Ruler" or something to that effect becomes the new Lord Ruler.
  • 105- If a High Prelan miscounts, omits a player, omits a house, omits a title, or omits the current Lord Ruler in a census they must forfeit 25% of their Atium. This is for official censuses, which list all players and their Atium. If you accidentally get ninja'd though (like if you were typing at the same time that someone else posted something), then this won't apply.
  • 106- If a High Prelan miscounts in any way that brings up Rule 105 more than once they lose their position.
  • 107- The Lord Ruler can designate a Favored House that will run the Atium mines at the Pits of Hathsin. The Favored House will get 5 Atium at the end of each page. The Lord Ruler can grant or take away this role at any time for any reason. The house with the Atium mines must include a statement to the effect, "I am mining Atium" to earn Atium for that page.
  • 108- The Inquisitor is chosen by the Lord Ruler. The Inquisitor Polices the thread. If an Inquisitor catches a house making more than 5 bets per 3 pages, then the house loses the ability to use their Mistborn for (an additional) 3 cycles and the Inquisitor receives 10 Atium. The Inquisitor also watches the High Prelan's Census. If the High Prelan miscounts in any way then it is the Inquisitor's job to notice it. Doing so rewards the Inquisitor with 50% of the High Prelan's lost Atium (ie. The obligator had 80 Atium when they miscounted. They lose 20 total, and the Inquisitor collects 10. In cases where it turns out to be an odd number the Inquisitor takes the smallest. 25 becomes 12.)
  • 109-  The Lord Ruler can award Atium at his discretion, based on any criteria (within this thread) that comes to his/her attention. The maximum amount that can be rewarded each time is 10.
  • 110- If the High Prelan doesn't post a census at least once every 4 pages OR at least once every 3 days (whichever is larger), their title is removed and they are fined 15 Atium. The House who first notices that the High Prelan isn't fulfilling their duty and reports them will be awarded 5 Atium.
  • 111- Any proposal can be seconded. If it is seconded by a Noble (someone with a positive Atium total), it will simultaneously go to the Lord Ruler and to the Senate. A proposal can be passed by either group. The Senate must pass it by 3/4 vote. Skaa do not get to vote. Each role gives its owner an extra vote in the Senate. The 3/4 vote is based on the total number of votes among the Nobles, rounded up.  If a proposal is accepted or rejected by one body (LR or Senate) before the other, then the proposal is law and the other body can't accept or reject it afterward.
  • 112- Any Houses holding offices (Obligator, Inquisitor, Favored House, etc. The Idea of "senate" is not counted here) Will be fined double the normal noble fine when they break laws. 
  • 113- The Lord Ruler must Color Code His/Her Acceptances and Rejections as to make it easier for people keeping detailed spreadsheets and counting the Census to see who was Rejected and Accepted.
  • 114- The High Prelan's census is exempt from laws 206 and 201. No unofficial censuses are exempt.
  • 115- The Lord Ruler may step down and appoint a new Lord Ruler whenever they wish. The person being appointed must accept the position. The new Lord Ruler may not be the Favored House. The position of the Lord Ruler may only change hands once per week at a minimum. 
  • 116- Proposals relating only to the Census, or the duties of the Inquisitor or the High Prelan can also be accepted if both the Inquisitor and the High Prelan approve them. Note that pay increases can't be gained in this way, as that isn't a 'duty' of the Inquisitors or High Prelan.
  • 117- Any bets between players must be seen and approved by an Obligator. If the bet is a game of chance, it is the Obligator’s duty to be sure the chances are fair, or at least proportionate to the bets. In some cases, the Obligator might facilitate the bet. Example: House A bets House B 10 Atium that a coin will land on heads. An Obligator with no ties to House A or B then flips a coin irl. They then report the results in the thread. In a case such as this, where the Obligator actually facilitates a bet, it is recommended that the Obligator be tipped for their services, but this is not required. Obligators may choose whether they wish to facilitate any given bet. If no Obligator wishes to do so, the bet cannot proceed. (This is why you should tip them.) Obligators are appointed and removed freely by the Lord Ruler. There can be multiple Obligators at once.

Additional Rules

Hide contents
  • 201- People must include a drawing/representation/photo of an animal on their first post of the page.
  • 202- Transactions of Atium between any two people are allowed. The bets can be about anything, but pay off in Atium. Bets should be public, and players can't bet more Atium than they have.  A service provided can also paid for in Atium. Additionally, this rule no longer discriminates against the Lord Ruler.
  • 203- Players are Houses, and they may name their House.
  • 204- Houses have Mistborn at their disposal and may use them in the following way: A Mistborn is paid 16 Atium to automatically end a proposal. This must take place between the proposal and the acceptance or rejection by the Lord Ruler. The proposer may not propose a rule that has the same or a similar effect (determined by TLR) until a different rule proposed by that House is passed.
  • 205- Mistborn can only be used once per 3 pages. A House can use a Mistborn (at the same cost) to counter the effects of another Mistborn.
  • 206- The first person to point out a post that has less than 7 "a"s in it gets 5 Atium. Only a's that add meaning to the post are allowed to be added. It is illegal to deliberately post something with less than 7 "a"s, and then proceed to point it out, earning yourself the 5 Atium. Trying to do so (for some reason) will result in the loss of 5 Atium. If someone has a message that is just a Call For Judgement or just a Proposal/Amendment, the post cannot be called out to gain Atium in this way. Extra commentary outside of the Call for Judgement or suggested rule change can still be called out for the Atium bonus. Revoked
  • 207-  A player can invite another Sharder to join this thread. If the new Sharder joins, both the inviter and the invitee get 20 Atium.
  • 208- Houses may borrow Atium from other Houses assuming:
         (a) that Atium does not satisfy the win condition (b) they follow whatever rules that house sets for the borrowing (ie. Taxing, Interest, etc.)
  • 209- Houses that are in the negative numbers of Atium will be taxed -2 Atium per page while they stay in Debt, and will not be counted as an "official house" in the Census (ie: no voting rights if any additional laws are passed that grants houses voting rights or things like that) until they get out of debt to the Lord Ruler. Anyone who has <=0 Atium will be officially referred to as "skaa".
  • 210- You can not make any Atium interactions if they would result in you losing more Atium than you have, except for making proposals.
  • 211- All players are allowed to create up to 1 PM per page. They are only allowed to use this PM for the duration of the page. Each PM may have up to 2 players in it, and must include either The Lord Ruler or a proxy The Lord Ruler designates.
  • 212- Players can join another house, adding their Atium totals and making it so if one wins, the other wins. if they want to split back into separate houses later, the Lord Ruler decides how much of their combined Atium each gets. Both players must agree to the House merger, and limits on Mistborn still apply to Houses, not individuals. Each House only gets one vote in the Senate (with additional votes still given for each role in that House). Not all houses may be allied at once, as that would allow all players to achieve victory at once. 
  • 213- Multiple Houses working together can hire Mistborn to assassinate another House. It takes three Mistborn to take down a House. After a House is brought down, all their Atium is divided among the nobles that hired the Mistborn. A victim can hire Mistborn to cancel out other Mistborn. Other Houses can intervene, sending their Mistborn to aid the victim. A noble that is assassinated can continue to play, just loses all their Atium.
  • 214- Any Favorable house who owns over 50 Atium is allowed to form a "club". Other houses are then allowed to petition that house in order to join the club. Members of a club get to say that they are members of a Club.
  • 215- People may not double post. If you do double post it will result in a fee of 3 Atium. This does not apply to The Obligator's census count if the census was the first post of a page.

I have now reorganized and renumbered all of the laws. Here was the original list of laws before the reorganization. I am also now offering a 10 Atium bounty to anyone who can help me combine, clarify, and simplify the different laws while preserving their intent (that's 10 Atium per law). If you notice two laws that handle the same thing, post a revised law that covers both of them clearly and I will give you the Atium bounty.

monkey.thumb.jpg.ee744cfa143d0761fd5d2bf62ecd7cba.jpg

Edited by ElectrumSavant
Animal picture

HOUSE RELIDAN'S STILL OFFICIAL CENSUS
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Lord Ruler
ElectrumSavant 

NOBLE HOUSES
(185) - House Soliel (The_Truthwatcher): Inquisitor
(162) - House Relidan (Illwei): High Prelan
(85) - House Tellen (Negative_Null): Favored House
(85) - House Wafre (DoomStick)
(69) - House Otter (Chinkoln)
(51) - House Ightejyw (Danex)
(
26) - House Fura (Furamirionind)
(20) - House Hollow (Kings_Way)
(15) - House Ethorris (Matrim's Dice)
(15) - House Mist (Mist)
(10) - House Fadran (Channelknight Fadran)

PENDING (Carried over (with Links (abbreviated)))
 (1) Mist's application for Obligator

CLUB LISTINGS :P.

Spoiler

5f49e8b00c290_The1Percenters.thumb.jpg.5ef69f8100a74bcf1d3b6d64c24f75c0.jpg

Proposal:

(1) The census payment is upped from 10 to 16 per census to match the changed Proposal payments and Rejection Fees, Accomodating for Inflation.

(2) Strike Rule 204

(3) in the event that my proposal (2) was rejected, then: Eidit to rule 204 -
 "204- If a High Prelan miscounts in any way that brings up Rule 105 Rule 203 more than once they lose their position."

(4) Edit to rule 206-
 The High Prelan's census is exempt from laws 206 and 201 law 601. No unofficial censuses are exempt.

Edited by Illwei

105-If a High Prelan miscounts, omits a player, omits a house, omits a title, or omits the current Lord Ruler in a census they must forfeit 25% of their Atium. This is for official censuses, which list all players and their Atium. If you accidentally get ninja'd though (like if you were typing at the same time that someone else posted something), then this won't apply.

106- If a High Prelan miscounts in any way that brings up Rule 105 more than once they lose their position.

I propose that 105 and 106 be combined into the below. 

If the High Prelan miscounts, omits a player, omits a house, omits a title, or omits the current Lord Ruler in a census they must forfeit 25% of their Atium. This is for official censuses, which list all players and their Atium. If you accidentally get ninja'd (like if you were typing at the same time that someone else posted something), this does not apply. If the High Prelan discounts or omits twice, they lose their position.[/quote]

109-  The Lord Ruler can award Atium at his discretion, based on any criteria (within this thread) that comes to his/her attention. The maximum amount that can be rewarded each time is 10.

I propose that 109 be amended to "The maximum amount that can be awarded each time is 16." for flavor reasons. 

110- If the High Prelan doesn't post a census at least once every 4 pages OR at least once every 3 days (whichever is larger), their title is removed and they are fined 15 Atium. The House who first notices that the High Prelan isn't fulfilling their duty and reports them will be awarded 5 Atium.

I propose that the fine be increased to 16 atium for flavor reasons. 

104- If the Lord Ruler has not made a post in two weeks and the Lord Ruler was not the last person to post, the High Prelan can become the Lord Ruler by posting "I am the new Lord Ruler" or something to that effect. If the High Prelan also has not posted in two weeks, then the first person to post "I am the new Lord Ruler" or something to that effect becomes the new Lord Ruler.

I propose that this proposal be amended to add "If the Lord Ruler was the last person to post, someone else may not claim the Rulership by posting until two days response time after their post are provided." so someone may not immediately post after two weeks have elapsed with the Lord Ruler being the last post, with another person then claiming the Rulership. 

207-  A player can invite another Sharder to join this thread. If the new Sharder joins, both the inviter and the invitee get 20 Atium.

I propose that 207 be amended to add "The new Sharder must state which player invited them."

114- The High Prelan's census is exempt from laws 206 and 201. No unofficial censuses are exempt.

I propose that 114 be amended to strike the mention of law 206, as law 206 has been revoked. 

Illwei, the law numbers have changed. I will keep house name Mist.

11 hours ago, Mist said:

I volunteer as obligator, although I do have school, so I am less active than may be desirable. 

I appoint you Obligator. Don't worry- playing this game doesn't have to be anyone's full-time job. I expect that the game is going to slow down somewhat next week.

7 hours ago, Illwei said:

The census payment is upped from 10 to 16 per census to match the changed Proposal payments and Rejection Fees, Accomodating for Inflation.

Accepted.

2) Strike Rule 204

Accepted.

(4) Edit to rule 206-
 The High Prelan's census is exempt from laws 206 and 201 law 601. No unofficial censuses are exempt.

Accepted. Good catch.

1 hour ago, Mist said:

I propose that 105 and 106 be combined into the below. 

Since I accepted Illwei's proposal earlier, there isn't a need for this specifically.

1 hour ago, Mist said:

I propose that 109 be amended to "The maximum amount that can be awarded each time is 16." for flavor reasons.

Accepted. Note that under the renumbered laws, this is now Rule 103.

1 hour ago, Mist said:

I propose that the fine be increased to 16 atium for flavor reasons. 

Accepted.

1 hour ago, Mist said:

I propose that this proposal be amended to add "If the Lord Ruler was the last person to post, someone else may not claim the Rulership by posting until two days response time after their post are provided." so someone may not immediately post after two weeks have elapsed with the Lord Ruler being the last post, with another person then claiming the Rulership. 

Rejected. If two weeks have passed without the Lord Ruler contributing, I don't want to delay things any further than necessary to anyone still interested in the game. Remember, under the current rules, it says "if the Lord Ruler was not the last person to post". That means that if anyone else posted on the thread in the time in between the Lord Ruler's absence and a new Lord Ruler being selected, the old Lord Ruler would not be the last person to post.

1 hour ago, Mist said:

I propose that 207 be amended to add "The new Sharder must state which player invited them."

Accepted. Note that this is now Rule 505.

1 hour ago, Mist said:

I propose that 114 be amended to strike the mention of law 206, as law 206 has been revoked. 

This has already been done earlier in the post, per Illwei's proposal. Note that Rule 114 is now Rule 206.

First I would like to Call for Judgement on Mist for a violation of Rule 601.

Secondly I would like to propose something for the general public (not an official proposal):

I would like you to think very much before asking to combine rules. IMO most of the rules should be separated into separate rules for clarity and ease of reading rather than have any combined. I beg of you to think of that and how annoying it can be, especially if new players come in, rather than think of how much Atium can be gained.
I recommend only proposing to merge redundant laws if they are found.

Okay so I have a big rule formatting Proposal that will be up soon and, you know, most likely will be definitely rejected so I guess I'll do this.

Rule Formatting Proposals: I will simply be striking and bolding to show the rules and my suggestions within the rule.
These are all just basically doing things to make things more visible and under..standable? IMO.

(1) ---------------------------------- 
303 - Houses that are in the negative numbers of Atium Skaa Houses with <0 Atium will be taxed -2 Atium per page while they stay in Debt, and will not be counted as an "official house" in the Census (ie: no voting rights if any additional laws are passed that grants houses voting rights or things like that) until they get out of debt to the Lord Ruler. Anyone who has <=0 Atium will be officially referred to as "skaa".
304 - Classes: There are two classes. Skaa and Nobles. Skaa refers to any House with <=0 Atium. Nobles refers to Any House with >=0 Atium 

reasoning: Voting Rights is clarified in my proposal (2) , and much of this text is just not needed.

(2) ----------------------------------
302 - The Senate is Made up of all Active Noble Houses Any Proposal can be seconded by a Noble. If it is seconded by a Noble (someone with a positive Atium total) Once seconded, it will simultaneously go to the Lord Ruler and to the Senate. A proposal can be passed by either group. The Senate must pass it by 3/4 vote. Skaa do not get to vote. Each role gives its owner an extra vote in the Senate. The 3/4 vote is based on the total number of votes among the Nobles, rounded up. If a Proposal is Accepted or Rejected by one body (LR or Senate) before the other, then the Proposal is law and the other body can't Accept or Reject it afterward.

reasoning: Further Clarification of who Nobles and Skaa are within the rule would be redundant with the addition of 304. 

(3) ----------------------------------
007 - Player Statuses: There are two statuses for players: Inactive and Active. Inactive players refers to anyone who has not posted something on the Thread in Two (2) Weeks. Active Players refers to anyone who has posted on the Thread within the last two (2) Weeks.

reasoning: just another outside clarification be make clarifications within laws avoidable.

(4) ----------------------------------
003 - Any player besides the Lord Ruler may make a Proposal or Amendment, which can affect any rule, including the Basic Rules. Players gain 16 Atium for any proposal or amendment that they make that is approved by the Lord Ruler. If a proposal is rejected then the house is taxed a flat 8 Atium for inconveniencing the Lord Ruler. All proposals must follow 17th Shard guidelines, as detailed in the 17 Shard Code of Conduct. Proposals have three states. Accepted, Rejected, and Pending.

reasoning: clarifications.

(5) -----------------------------------
201- The Lord Ruler can appoint any one person at a time who volunteers for the position as the High Prelan. The High Prelan has the role of posting a Census no more than once per page. as often as the High Prelan wishes, although it can't be more often than once per page. This Census should include: a list of all Active players who have posted in the last two weeks and their current amount of Atium, the current roles, and any Pending Proposals or Amendments. The High Prelan gets 16 Atium for every Census posted. The Lord Ruler can change the High Prelan at any time.

reasoning: clarifications.

That's all for now. It's all just clarifications to make the laws easier to read, but I have enough so that I'm not really that worried about losing Atium :P.

I did include an animal on my census post inside of my flyer :P. but I'll put it here too as this is technically my first post

Spoiler

Capture.PNG.d10f34ec0034c231b4be8160d5694585.PNG

Mist, You're using the old numbers. The new formatting is on page 1 :P.

Edited by Illwei
added an emoticon to try and sound less agressive

:).

2 minutes ago, Matrim's Dice said:

I propose that, in light of me forgetting about the game (:ph34r:) no call of judgement should be leveled at House Ethorris for any accidental violation of any rule made previous of this post. *coughs*

Call for Judgement on House Ethorris (Matrim's Dice) for violation of Rule 601: not having an animal picture in the first post of a player's page. :P.

Edited by Illwei

12 hours ago, Kings_way said:

I propose to remove rule 601, as no one has been following it.

Approved. I have fond feelings toward good old Rule 601, but as time has gone on it feels more and more out of place next to the other Game Rules. The game seems to be taking more of a thematic House vs House tone, and a rule that only serves to penalize people who forget to include a picture of an animal seems to detract from that theme.

8 hours ago, Illwei said:

First I would like to Call for Judgement on Mist for a violation of Rule 601.

Judgment

Mist's post is indeed lacking an animal drawing/representation/photo. Per Rule 402, Mist gets fined a double amount than the standard penalty for this offense, making the total penalty 6 Atium. Let the executions begin.

303 - Houses that are in the negative numbers of Atium Skaa Houses with <0 Atium will be taxed -2 Atium per page while they stay in Debt, and will not be counted as an "official house" in the Census (ie: no voting rights if any additional laws are passed that grants houses voting rights or things like that) until they get out of debt to the Lord Ruler. Anyone who has <=0 Atium will be officially referred to as "skaa".
304 - Classes: There are two classes. Skaa and Nobles. Skaa refers to any House with <=0 Atium. Nobles refers to Any House with >=0 Atium 

Approved. Additional clarity is helpful. This actually adds a new rule as part of the clarification, so is worth a full 16 Atium.

302 - The Senate is Made up of all Active Noble Houses Any Proposal can be seconded by a Noble. If it is seconded by a Noble (someone with a positive Atium total) Once seconded, it will simultaneously go to the Lord Ruler and to the Senate. A proposal can be passed by either group. The Senate must pass it by 3/4 vote. Skaa do not get to vote. Each role gives its owner an extra vote in the Senate. The 3/4 vote is based on the total number of votes among the Nobles, rounded up. If a Proposal is Accepted or Rejected by one body (LR or Senate) before the other, then the Proposal is law and the other body can't Accept or Reject it afterward.

Approved. This is a rewording of a law for the offered bounty, so is worth 10 Atium.

007 - Player Statuses: There are two statuses for players: Inactive and Active. Inactive players refers to anyone who has not posted something on the Thread in Two (2) Weeks. Active Players refers to anyone who has posted on the Thread within the last two (2) Weeks.

Approved. This is a new rule, so is worth 16 Atium.

003 - Any player besides the Lord Ruler may make a Proposal or Amendment, which can affect any rule, including the Basic Rules. Players gain 16 Atium for any proposal or amendment that they make that is approved by the Lord Ruler. If a proposal is rejected then the house is taxed a flat 8 Atium for inconveniencing the Lord Ruler. All proposals must follow 17th Shard guidelines, as detailed in the 17 Shard Code of Conduct. Proposals have three states. Accepted, Rejected, and Pending.

Approved. This is a rewording of a rule, so is worth 10 Atium.

201- The Lord Ruler can appoint any one person at a time who volunteers for the position as the High Prelan. The High Prelan has the role of posting a Census no more than once per page. as often as the High Prelan wishes, although it can't be more often than once per page. This Census should include: a list of all Active players who have posted in the last two weeks and their current amount of Atium, the current roles, and any Pending Proposals or Amendments. The High Prelan gets 16 Atium for every Census posted. The Lord Ruler can change the High Prelan at any time.

Approved. This is a rewording, so gets 10 Atium.

6 hours ago, Matrim's Dice said:

I propose that, in light of me forgetting about the game (:ph34r:) no call of judgement should be leveled at House Ethorris for any accidental violation of any rule made previous of this post. *coughs*

6 hours ago, Illwei said:

Call for Judgement on House Ethorris (Matrim's Dice) for violation of Rule 601: not having an animal picture in the first post of a player's page. :P.

2 hours ago, Doomstick said:

The ninja is a human, humans are animals

Judgment

Fortunately, Rule 601 is being removed, so we won't have to get into the "do humans count as animals" dilemma again after this case. In the history of the Final Empire, no one has ever attempted to fulfill Rule 601 with an image of a human. No one has ever implied that such a thing was reasonable. Nevertheless, technically speaking, humans... are... animals. Ugh. I hate having to say this, because I'm pretty sure we all understood the rule to apply to non-human animals, but technically speaking, if this law was meant to exclude humans then it should have included wording to that effect. So, Matrim's Dice of House Ethorris is not in violation of Rule 601.

Note to everyone: I won't be on the Shard tomorrow on Sunday, so don't expect any quick responses.

9 minutes ago, ElectrumSavant said:

In the history of the Final Empire, no one has ever attempted to fulfill Rule 601 with an image of a human.

In fact, this is still true. That was not my intention at all :P 

But I'll take it.

On 8/28/2020 at 6:39 PM, ElectrumSavant said:

I have now reorganized and renumbered all of the laws. Here was the original list of laws before the reorganization. I am also now offering a 10 Atium bounty to anyone who can help me combine, clarify, and simplify the different laws while preserving their intent (that's 10 Atium per law). If you notice two laws that handle the same thing, post a revised law that covers both of them clearly and I will give you the Atium bounty.

monkey.thumb.jpg.ee744cfa143d0761fd5d2bf62ecd7cba.jpg

rule 303 says that Skaa are taxed "-2 atium per page" this should be changed to "taxed 2 atium per page", as taxing -2 is a double negative, meaning that it would mean that Skaa get 2 atium per page. this will change the meaning to Skaa losing 2 atium per page.

if the meaning was that skaa get 2 atium per page change the rule to say that specifically

also, 206, 201, and 603 (the last sentence) can be merged, just add to 201 "a post that contains only the High Prelan's official census does not have to follow any rule in the 600's"

Edited by Doomstick

22 hours ago, Kings_way said:

I propose to remove rule 206, because it doesn't do anything now that 601 is gone. 

Approved. This is a rule change, and so worth 16 Atium

22 hours ago, Doomstick said:

if the meaning was that skaa get 2 atium per page change the rule to say that specifically

Approved. This is a clarification, and so worth 10 Atium.

22 hours ago, Doomstick said:

206, 201, and 603 (the last sentence) can be merged, just add to 201 "a post that contains only the High Prelan's official census does not have to follow any rule in the 600's

Rejected. Not because it was wrong, but because now there isn't a Rule 206. This was a clarification, so has no Atium loss.

Proposal Suggestions:

• Reducing Rule 302 from a 3/4 vote to a majority vote for the Senate to pass a law
  • Adding a rule to allow the Senate to overrule an Approval or Rejection by the LR, possibly with a 3/4 vote
  • Something involving kandra?

303 (amendment): change 3/4 to 2/3

305 (new rule): if the Lord Ruler passes or rejects a proposal, the Senate can choose to override that with a 3/4 vote

510 (new rule): Houses have Kandra at their disposal, which they can use every 5 Senate votes, A Kandra costs 64 atium and allows you to steal one vote from the house of your choice for that Senate meeting. A House can send a Mistborn after the Kandra, the Mistborn has a 20% chance of stopping the Kandra.

303 (clarification): change Active Noble House to Active Noble House (not including Skaa)

Proposal: Instead if everyone with no role automatically being in the senate, you must request to join. Anyone can join, but if you do not vote on a senate proposal after 24 hours, you loose your seat in the senate and cannot get it back for 2 pages.

possible amendment: Instead or losing your seat 24 hours after the proposal, you could loose it if you haven’t voted 24 hours after the last person voted. 

Edited by Danex

4 minutes ago, Danex said:

Proposal: Instead if everyone with no role automatically being in the senate, you must request to join. Anyone can join, but if you do not vote on a senate proposal after 24 hours, you loose your seat in the senate and cannot get it back for 2 pages.

possible amendment: Instead or losing your seat 24 hours after the proposal, you could loose it if you haven’t voted 24 hours after the last person voted. 

but only if the senate actually votes, right?

Just now, Doomstick said:

but only if the senate actually votes, right?

Yeah, the senate doesn’t vote on every proposal, just proposals that have been seconded. (And ir rule 305 passes, they can vote to overrule a LR ruling. Should we say someone has to second an overruling proposal too? We’d be consistent then.)

1 minute ago, Kings_way said:

This is not a proposal, but I think we should have something involving hosting and attending balls.

Could this somehow be an ammendment/something related to my "clubs" thing? (also if anyone has a better name than a "club" ie, something more scadrial-ee then please propose it bc clubs sounds kinda dumb)

1 minute ago, Kings_way said:

This is not a proposal, but I think we should have something involving hosting and attending balls.

Ooooh, I have some ideas. Balls could be PMs or something. It’d cost some Atium to throw a ball, and then you could invite some people while shunning others. Don’t know what the benefit of a ball would be exactly. An opportunity to forge alliances away from where everyone can see them?