Imperial Nomic: The Final Empire

Vote on the next Nomic theme!  

10 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think the theme of the Imperial Nomic Sequel should be? Mark as many as you want.

• Scadrial (Era 2 Elendel)
    • Nalthis (Hallendren Court of Gods)
    • Roshar (Alethi Highprincedoms)
    • Roshar (Azish Bureaucracy)
    • Sel (Nobility in Post-Reod Arelon)
    • Sel (Factions in the Rose Empire)
    • Taldain (Lossandin Profession Heads)
    • Scadrial (Well of Ascension time period)
    • Scadrial (Immediate Post-Catacendre)
    • Cytoverse (Alien cultures in the Superiority)
    • Alcatraz (Free Kingdoms)
    • Reckoners (Epics in Newcago)

HOUSE RELIDAN'S NOW OFFICIAL CENSUS
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Lord Ruler
ElectrumSavant 

HOUSES (in Good Favor/Nobles)
(
183) - House Relidan: Obligator
(68) - House Soliel: Inquisitor
(66) - House Tellen: Favored House
(46) - House Wafre
(34) - House Otter
(20) - House Fura
(15) - House Ethorris
(10) - House Fadran
(
0) - House Ightejyw

PENDING PROPOSALS
House Otter:
 - (1)  

Spoiler

Capture.PNG.9d5c03813be8238acbf15f796d20b295.PNG

Edited by Illwei

4 minutes ago, Illwei said:

I second proposal (3) from Fura. It now moves to the senate.

Dangit, my first rejection. :(. thatll show me to not make too jokeful proposals  :P.

New census coming soon

I Call for Judgement against Illwei, for violating rule 201 and not posting a picture of an animal on their first post of the page.

Chinkoln

6 hours ago, Chinkoln said:

I Call for Judgement against Illwei for violating rule 206 and not having 7 "a"s in a post. Aren't you having a bad day! (Sorry, I just need the atium)

That is in fact my census post so ha A counts don't happen for that. All you have succeeded in doing in not accepting my bribe gracious offer is making an enemy out of House Relidan

EDIT: (A post definitely disappeared between my two Posts????)

Edited by Illwei

I propose:

(I) Before a rule is seconded, it can be amended by other players. After the amendment is proposed, there can be no voting on the initial rule. That amendment goes through the same process a rule would go through. If the amendment passes, the amended rule now gets voted on. If the amendment fails, the previous un-amended rule may now be either amended again, or seconded.
Reasoning: This rule will allow further discussion and involvement by players in the process of making fair rules.

1 minute ago, Chinkoln said:

I Call for Judgement against Illwei for violating rule 206 and not having 7 "a"s in a post. Aren't you having a bad day! (Sorry, I just need the atium)

But... they do have 7 "a"s in their post don't they?

4 minutes ago, Illwei said:

@Chinkoln

I will pay you 5 Atium to retract that order.
I would use some excuse like "I was out and just really wanted that top spot, but..._

8 a's in fact.?

Sorry for the double post, but I need the time I posted this to be visible, and for everyone to see that I have made no edits. I accuse Illwei of adding an animal picture after being Called to Judgement. If desire, you may check the time I posted the accusation and the time that it was edited.

@Illwei If you agree to pay me 10 atium, I will retract my Call to Judgement. If Illwei accepts this offer than I formally retract my Call to Judgement. Acceptance of this offer must be made in the public chat BEFORE The Lord Ruler passes judgment.

Edited by Chinkoln

35 minutes ago, Chinkoln said:

I would like to amend rule 003. I think that getting 100 laws approved would take WAY more time than any of us has. I propose that 10 atium per accepted proposal be changed to 15.

Approved. Hopefully, this won't lead to Mistbornageddon...

23 minutes ago, Furamirionind said:

Hi, I'm Fura and this looks fun. I think I have been told people can still join, and I think @Illwei was trying to exploit me for us to get money and stuff... so yeah... that.

Welcome to the Final Empire, Fura! You're right that new players are still welcome to join, and you and Illwei both get an additional 20 Atium because you were referred. Feel free to pick a House name.

24 minutes ago, Furamirionind said:

206 - Strike, "It is not be allowed to just put them all in a row like "aaaa" in order to prevent someone from benefitting from this rule", and replace with, "Only a's that add meaning to the post are allowed to be added"

Approved, added clarity is welcome.

25 minutes ago, Furamirionind said:

The Lord Ruler may appoint a noble as Senate Secretary. This noble will be in charge of assisting other nobles get rid of spelling errors and grammatical mistakes in their laws. If anyone comes to the Secretary with a future proposal, the Secretary is not allowed to propose any idea from that proposal for the duration of the page. A Secretary in violation of this will lose their role, and be fined 5 Atium.

Rejected. It seems like an unnecessary added step for a Secretary to write out proposals for someone else. However, I could get behind a law that awarded Atium to people who helped to rewrite existing laws to make them more clear/legible.

25 minutes ago, Furamirionind said:

(2) For each spelling error in a law, the house that created said law is fined 1 Atium per error. The Secretary would pay a 3 Atium fine per error for any law they create or assist with.

Rejected. My problem with this law is that there isn't anyone assigned to find spelling errors, which means that people would have to Call For Judgment... which means that it would be my job to work out that the grammar was 100% correct.

26 minutes ago, Furamirionind said:

(3) All players are allowed to create up to 1 PM per page. They are only allowed to use this PM for the duration of the page. Each PM may have up to 2 players in it, and must include either The Lord Ruler or a proxy The Lord Ruler designates.

Approved. For those who want to use PMs, this will allow them to work in an orderly way. Proposals and other official actions still have to be done on-thread, of course.

26 minutes ago, Furamirionind said:

(4) Players are allowed to sue other players for damages. If a player breaks either a contract or rule that directly hurts another player financially (Atium) or otherwise. The victim may propose damages and take the offender to court. Each party may choose one member of the court, and agree on a third. TLR may deem any member of the court unsuitably biased, if so, they must be chosen again. Court proceedings can be dismissed at any time by the person proposing damages.

Rejected. Calling For Judgement already serves this purpose.

10 minutes ago, Doomstick said:

I propose that players can join another house, adding their atium totals and making it so if one wins, the other wins. if they want to split back into separate houses later, the Lord Ruler decides how much of their combined atium each gets

Approved. Both players must agree to the House merger, and limits on Mistborn still apply to Houses, not individuals. Each House only gets one vote in the Senate (with additional votes still given for each role in that House).

Rust and Ruin! Proposals are coming out faster than I can keep track of them!

hippo.jpeg.98e72f65ccfbdfa09aa113510252b4b7.jpeg

21 minutes ago, ElectrumSavant said:

Approved. Both players must agree to the House merger, and limits on Mistborn still apply to Houses, not individuals. Each House only gets one vote in the Senate (with additional votes still given for each role in that House).

Oh good and Great Lord Ruler, as your Humble servant and Trustworthy employee I implore you to think of the Devastation that approving this Proposal will cause! I propose that this be revoked as it not only an additional rule, but fundamentally changes the game's basics by changing the wincon!

I propose that a rule be passed prohibiting changes to the wincon!

Additionally: a proposal:
 (1)  Any Favorable house who owns over 50 Atium is allowed to form a "club". Other houses are then allowed to petition that house in order to join the club. Members of a club get to say that they are members of a Club. :).

@Chinkoln I will give you 5 Atium, as that is 5 more than you would get. No more. 

Edited by Illwei

18 minutes ago, Illwei said:

@Chinkoln I will give you 5 Atium, as that is 5 more than you would get. No more. 

Fine, I accept your offer. 

Assuming Illwei adds 5 atium to my house and subtracts 5 from his when he posts his next census, I formally retract my Call to Judgement. 

I propose that when someone is making a Call to Judgement or an official proposal to The Lord Ruler, they do not have to abide by rule 206. (As long as they don't add in unnecessary comments or responses to other Houses. If they do add in extra commentary or dialogue, they must abide by rule 206.)

Edited by Chinkoln

13 minutes ago, Furamirionind said:

Before a rule is seconded, it can be amended by other players. After the amendment is proposed, there can be no voting on the initial rule. That amendment goes through the same process a rule would go through. If the amendment passes, the amended rule now gets voted on. If the amendment fails, the previous un-amended rule may now be either amended again, or seconded.

Rejected. This seems to unnecessarily complicate the proposal process. If another player wants a different version of a proposal to be accepted, they are welcome to propose their own version of that rule, and the Lord Ruler or Senate can approve the version that they prefer.

8 minutes ago, Doomstick said:

so the new 206 rule means i cant say that an A ate Andy's alliterative apples?

Judgment

By "adding meaning to the post", I interpret it to mean that the a's have to make actual grammatical sense. There is nothing wrong with bringing up Andy's alliterative apples, but if you were misspelling words just to get your post to have enough a's then that would be a rule violation.

10 minutes ago, Doomstick said:

I propose that players may write a poem, and if it is approved by the Lord Ruler, they are awarded 5 atium

Rejected. There is already enough on my plate without having to make Judgments on "what counts as poetry?".

6 minutes ago, Illwei said:

I propose that this be revoked as it not only an additional rule, but fundamentally changes the game's basics by changing the wincon!

Rejected. None of the current players have enough Atium to win the game by merging, even if all of the players merged into one super-House. In addition, the wincon does not actually prevent multiple players from winning the game; Rules 005 and 006, when considered together, imply that if multiple players were somehow able to get 1,024 Atium at the same time that each of those players would win the game. Rule 212 merely allows another avenue for players to work toward their goals.

6 minutes ago, Illwei said:

I propose that a rule be passed prohibiting changes to the wincon!

To be clear, are you proposing that Rules 005 and 006 be made immutable, so that they cannot be further changed unless a law is approved that makes it possible for them to be changed again? Or are you proposing something else?

1 hour ago, ElectrumSavant said:

To be clear, that means that three different Houses have to team up to take out another House, paying 16 Atium each? Can other Houses intervene, sending their Mistborn to aid the victim? This seems like it could get interesting...

Not necessarily. If one house had enough Atium to hire 3 mistborn, under my current rule they could. I believe that aiding other houses would be within the rules.

I am mining Atium, always, and covering my bases.

2 minutes ago, Negative_Null said:

Not necessarily. If one house had enough Atium to hire 3 mistborn, under my current rule they could. I believe that aiding other houses would be within the rules.

Call for judgement, Violation of rule 201.

Ignore that Proposal LR, it was mainly a joke/same as the above proposal

Edited by Illwei

32 minutes ago, Negative_Null said:

It's a violation of Rule 205 for a House to hire more than 1 Mistborn per 3 pages, and it seems too overpowered to remove that Rule in favor of your current proposal (then one House could just spend 48 Atium to take out another House all at once). I would accept your proposal if it required cooperation between 3 Houses, as I at first assumed it meant, but I won't accept it if one House can do it on their own.

1 hour ago, Illwei said:

(1)  Any Favorable house who owns over 50 Atium is allowed to form a "club". Other houses are then allowed to petition that house in order to join the club. Members of a club get to say that they are members of a Club. :).

@Illwei, is this the proposal that you said was a joke, or was it a different one?

47 minutes ago, Chinkoln said:

I propose that when someone is making a Call to Judgement or an official proposal to The Lord Ruler, they do not have to abide by rule 206. (As long as they don't add in unnecessary comments or responses to other Houses. If they do add in extra commentary or dialogue, they must abide by rule 206.)

Accepted. If someone has a message that is just a Call For Judgement or just a Proposal/Amendment, they can't be called out for Rule 206. Extra commentary outside of the Call for Judgement or suggested rule change can still be called out for Rule 206.

41 minutes ago, Negative_Null said:

Judgment

This is indeed a violation of Rule 201. As a Favored House, Negative_Null of House Tellen gets double the penalty, as per Rule 112. A standard penalty for a violation is about 3 Atium, so Negative_Null of House Tellen is fined 6 Atium.

Let the executions begin.

1 hour ago, ElectrumSavant said:

It's a violation of Rule 205 for a House to hire more than 1 Mistborn per 3 pages, and it seems too overpowered to remove that Rule in favor of your current proposal (then one House could just spend 48 Atium to take out another House all at once). I would accept your proposal if it required cooperation between 3 Houses, as I at first assumed it meant, but I won't accept it if one House can do it on their own.

I admit I forgot about Rule 205. Thank you, my Lord, for the reminder. Three houses would have to work together to do such a thing. I also accept your judgement

4 hours ago, Negative_Null said:

Nobles can hire Mistborn to assassinate other noble houses. It takes three Mistborn together to take down a house. After a house is brought down, all their Atium is divided among the nobles that hired the Mistborn. A victim can hire Mistborn to cancel out other Mistborn. A noble that is brought down can continue to play, just loses all their Atium.

4 hours ago, ElectrumSavant said:

To be clear, that means that three different Houses have to team up to take out another House, paying 16 Atium each? Can other Houses intervene, sending their Mistborn to aid the victim? This seems like it could get interesting...

2 hours ago, Negative_Null said:

2 hours ago, ElectrumSavant said:

19 minutes ago, Negative_Null said:

I admit I forgot about Rule 205. Thank you, my Lord, for the reminder. Three houses would have to work together to do such a thing. I also accept your judgement

Approved. This particular law had a long journey, but I am intrigued to see where it leads in the game's meta. So, in summary: Multiple Houses working together can hire Mistborn to assassinate another House. It takes three Mistborn to take down a House. After a House is brought down, all their Atium is divided among the nobles that hired the Mistborn. A victim can hire Mistborn to cancel out other Mistborn. Other Houses can intervene, sending their Mistborn to aid the victim. A noble that is assassinated can continue to play, just loses all their Atium.

3 hours ago, Illwei said:

Any Favorable house who owns over 50 Atium is allowed to form a "club". Other houses are then allowed to petition that house in order to join the club. Members of a club get to say that they are members of a Club. :).

Approved. I'm curious to see if any Houses start gathering into clubs, and which ones.

2 hours ago, Illwei said:

Ignore that Proposal LR, it was mainly a joke/same as the above proposal

Which proposal were you talking about here, if it wasn't the Club one?

2 minutes ago, ElectrumSavant said:

Which proposal were you talking about here, if it wasn't the Club one?

It was the "changes to the wincon" one. It was just about me being loud about people joining forces and beating me winning easier :P

10 hours ago, Illwei said:

HOUSE RELIDAN'S UNOFFICIAL CENSUS
(BECAUSE OUR NUMBERS DO NOT APPEAR TO MATCH HOUSE SOLIEL'S)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Lord Ruler
ElectrumSavant 

(85) - House Relidan: Inquisitor
(68) - House Soliel: Obligator
(65) - House Tellen: Favored House
(36) - House Otter
(50) - House Wafre
(15) - House Ethorris
(10) - House Fadran

HOUSES (out of Favor/Skaa)
(12) - House Ightejyw (Danex)

PENDING PROPOSALS
--

If anyone would like to see how I came to this/It contradicts you, lmk 

@The_Truthwatcher

The only difference was that I did not add up your Atium from the 'aa' Rule. I thought that the Lord Ruler would have to ratify each of your requests for you to give Atium, which confused me.

The rest of the changes happened after I posted my census.

Additionally, when I made this it was not an official census, and I was in a hurry posting it so I did not have time to edit it. I beg the Lord Ruler to forego the usual forfeit in this case.

EDIT: I just saw that I am now an Inquisitor. That's much better since, I would probably be inactive at the time you all are active.

ฅʕ•̫͡•ʔฅ

EDIT:

4 hours ago, Illwei said:

HOUSE RELIDAN'S NOW OFFICIAL CENSUS
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Lord Ruler
ElectrumSavant 

(
183) - House Relidan: Inquisitor
(68) - House Soliel: Obligator
(66) - House Tellen: Favored House
(46) - House Wafre
(34) - House Otter
(20) - House Fura
(15) - House Ethorris
(10) - House Fadran
(
0) - House Ightejyw

PENDING PROPOSALS
House Otter:
 - (1) 

But Illwei has made a grave mistake with the Census. Namely, I am an Inquisitor, while they are an Obligator. Thus, Relidan looses 45 Atium, while Soliel gains 22.

Edited by The_Truthwatcher

1 hour ago, The_Truthwatcher said:

EDIT:

But Illwei has made a grave mistake with the Census. Namely, I am an Inquisitor, while they are an Obligator. Thus, Relidan looses 45 Atium, while Soliel gains 22.

I-

*sigh*

Okay. Updated. I made that rule. I will be my own downfall...What's happening to me. I have my first two proposal rejections and then I mess up the Census...

Edited by Illwei

I propose that all proposed rules must follow 17th shard guidelines. 

I propose that the Lord Ruler may step down and appoint a new Lord Ruler whenever they wish. The person being appointed must accept the position. The new Lord Ruler may not be the Favored House. The position of the Lord Ruler may only change hands once per week at a minimum. 

I propose that Mayo be considered, for all intensive purposes, as an Instrument. Anyone insisting otherwise will be Ridiculed and Fined. Perhaps Shunned as well.

Edited by Danex

Proposals:

(1) Whoever has the position of "Favored house" May not make more than 5 posts per page. (an attempt to make sure people don't post too much, so the page turns and they collect Atium.)

(2) people may not double post. If you do double post it will result in a fee of 3 Atium. This does not apply to The Obligator's census count if the census was the first post of a page.

(3) No more than 1/4 of the total players may be in the same House. (ie. if there are 8 players, no more than 2 in the same house, and if there are 12 then no more than 3.)

(4) I propose that to official Call for Judgement, a player must Bold and color orange to make it easier for TLR to identify them. (ie. "I think this is in violation of rule 201, so I Call for Judgement"

(I see that Mist proposed something similar to 3 so if hers gets passed then consider this a proposal for an amendment to that.)

Edited by Illwei

I propose that if a player wishes to amend a proposal that has not yet passed, they must get the consent of the person who originally proposed it. If a player wishes to amend a rule that has already been approved, they do not need to do this. If a player gets consent to propose an amendment, and then the original proposal is accepted with that amendment, both players receive Atium, split evenly. If the reward is odd, the remainder goes to the original proposer. If only the original proposal is accepted, only the original proposer gets the Atium. 

I propose that any bets between players must be seen and approved by an Obligator. If the bet is a game of chance, it is the Obligator’s duty to be sure the chances are fair, or at least proportionate to the bets. In some cases, the Obligator might facilitate the bet. Example: House A bets House B 10 Atium that a coin will land on heads. An Obligator with no ties to House A or B then flips a coin irl. They then report the results in the thread. In a case such as this, where the Obligator actually facilitates a bet, it is recommended that the Obligator be tipped for their services, but this is not required. Obligators may choose whether they wish to facilitate any given bet. If no Obligator wishes to do so, the bet cannot proceed. (This is why you should tip them.)