Imperial Nomic: The Final Empire

Vote on the next Nomic theme!  

10 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think the theme of the Imperial Nomic Sequel should be? Mark as many as you want.

• Scadrial (Era 2 Elendel)
    • Nalthis (Hallendren Court of Gods)
    • Roshar (Alethi Highprincedoms)
    • Roshar (Azish Bureaucracy)
    • Sel (Nobility in Post-Reod Arelon)
    • Sel (Factions in the Rose Empire)
    • Taldain (Lossandin Profession Heads)
    • Scadrial (Well of Ascension time period)
    • Scadrial (Immediate Post-Catacendre)
    • Cytoverse (Alien cultures in the Superiority)
    • Alcatraz (Free Kingdoms)
    • Reckoners (Epics in Newcago)

29 minutes ago, Chinkoln said:

Do you harbor an attention-grabbing desire to be the first house to activate their Mistborn to assassinate a proposal in the dead of night?

I very much do not want to use Mistborn. I also am very paranoid that publicly objecting to a proposal will make the lord ruler more willing to pass it for some reason. superstition? :P. Idk.

Figured I'd post this because I'm the first post on a page so yeah. 

HOUSE RELIDAN'S UNOFFICIAL CENSUS
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Lord Ruler
ElectrumSavant 

HOUSES (in Good Favor/Nobles)
(
115) - House Relidan: Inquisitor
(80) - House Tellen: Favored House
(68) - House Soliel: Obligator
(48) - House Wafre
(36) - House Otter
(15) - House Ethorris
(10) - House Fadran

HOUSES (out of Favor/Skaa)
(14) - House Ightejyw (Danex)

PENDING PROPOSALS
House Relidan:
 - (1) The obligator's census is exempt from laws 206 and 201. No unofficial censuses are exempt.
 - (2)  These requirements [as set in rules 206 & 201] can not be met by anything in your signature, edit reasoning, or title. (ie. you can not put a picture of an animal in your signature to satisfy the posting requirements as per Rule 201)

If anyone would like to see how I came to this/It contradicts you, lmk 

Also:

Spoiler

Capture.PNG.05ef6fd219af81eab401c9eeff43c36d.PNG

Edited by Illwei

2 hours ago, The_Truthwatcher said:

I just wanted the 2 to get a round number for myself, it's alright. Census in spoiler: (This includes what I just earned)

Hide contents

Fadran

Truthwatcher

Soliel

Doomstick

Matrim

Ethorris

Negative

Tellen

Illwei

Relidan

Chinkoln

Domhan

Danex

ImGonnaHackThisEventuallyJustYouWait 

My house has not been listed on this census, does this count as a miscount?

My latest proposal comes from the pages of the original Nomic thread, though it is not exactly the same:

if someone's post has the word "stuff" in it (not including this post) they gain 5 Atium, if, however, within the next 5 posts, another house quotes them and says "and things," they do not gain the 5 atium and the house that quoted them does.

:3

Edited by Doomstick

3 minutes ago, Doomstick said:

My latest proposal comes from the pages of the original Nomic thread, though it is not exactly the same:

if someone's post has the word "stuff" in it (not including this post) they gain 5 Atium, if, however, within the next 5 posts, another house quotes them and says "and things," they do not gain the 5 atium and the house that quoted them does.

I Call for Judgment. Violation of rule 201, no picture of an animal

Chinkoln

4 minutes ago, Chinkoln said:

I Call for Judgment. Violation of rule 201, no picture of an animal

Not enough A's, Taking my 5 Atium.

4 minutes ago, Doomstick said:

there is a representation of one: :3

Not enough A's, taking my 5 Atium :P.

I have @tted Truthwatcher in one of my other posts because I saw a miscount. waiting for their response and then judgement.

Edited by Illwei

3 minutes ago, Illwei said:

Not enough A's, Taking my 5 Atium.

Not enough A's, taking my 5 Atium :P.

I have @tted Truthwatcher in one of my other posts because I saw a miscount. waiting for their response and then judgement.

my signature has at least 7 a's: 

Join the Yay! https://www.17thshard.com/forum/topic/87666-the-yay/

i made a Vorin calendar! Link to doc

Call to Judgement?

I don't believe that signatures count. For all you know I could have had signatures turned off and signatures aren't part of a post.

If they are, then I propose an amendment to 206 and 201:
 (1) these requirements can not be met by anything in your signature, edit reasoning, or title. (ie. you can not put a picture of an animal in your signature to satisfy the posting requirements as per Rule 201)

Disregard this if it is irrelevant though.

Call to Judgement?

I don't believe that signatures count. For all you know I could have had signatures turned off and signatures aren't part of a post.

If they are, then I propose an amendment to 206 and 201:
 (1) these requirements can not be met by anything in your signature, edit reasoning, or title. (ie. you can not put a picture of an animal in your signature to satisfy the posting requirements as per Rule 201)

Disregard this if it is irrelevant though.

in the original Nomic, signatures counted as part of the post, even though some people sharded almost exclusively on mobile

@Truthless of Shinovar would you like to join this game?

1 hour ago, Chinkoln said:

I propose that on every page that is a multiple of 5, all posts must have at least 3 "z"s in them, or they may have 3 "x"s.

Rejected. It's frankly a bit more needlessly complicated than I like.

14 minutes ago, Illwei said:

The obligator's census is exempt from laws 206 and 201. No unofficial censuses are exempt.

Approved. Might as well make it easier to make the census.

5 minutes ago, Doomstick said:

Judgment

Since the issue is with the House name, not the amount of Atium, it is not a miscount.

7 minutes ago, Doomstick said:

f someone's post has the word "stuff" in it (not including this post) they gain 5 Atium, if, however, within the next 5 posts, another house quotes them and says "and things," they do not gain the 5 atium and the house that quoted them does.

Rejected. I don't want it to be too easy for someone to gain Atium from their own post.

3 minutes ago, Doomstick said:

there is a representation of one: :3

Judgment

If :3 is intended to represent an animal then it is not in violation of Rule 201.

I think that I am just going to switch Illwei and The_Truthwatcher's roles, as Illwei seems a better fit for Obligator. House Relidian is now Obligator, House Soliel is now Inquisitor.

7 minutes ago, Doomstick said:

my signature has at least 7 a's: 

Judgment

Signatures can be changed retroactively at any time without an 'edited' note, which would make it difficult if not impossible for people keeping track to know if they applied in that case. They also could be hidden or not seen if used on a mobile browser. Therefore, I rule that signatures do not count as A's for the purpose of Rule 206.

llama.jpeg.cb429dae03b195e260785dc776a071e4.jpeg

32 minutes ago, ElectrumSavant said:

I think that I am just going to switch Illwei and The_Truthwatcher's roles, as Illwei seems a better fit for Obligator. House Relidian is now Obligator, House Soliel is now Inquisitor.

Uh oh, looks like an obligator was just forcibly upgraded :P.

@Danex

For: House Ightejyw
By: House Relidan

I will give two proposal ideas to you that you will officially propose to TLR before the end of this page, so you will no longer be in debt. Currently I have a 100% success rate with proposals. In return for this sevice, you will provide me with:
     (1) a IOU to second one of my official proposals in the future, to be used by you when I call upon it.
     (2) All of your remaining Atium after you use my proposals. (ie. you have -14 currently. passing two proposals brings you up to 6, which then go to me.)
If you agree to the terms, sign at the bottom. Failure to sign before post #122 in thread will result in this contract being Void.

Just go on down and sign, no need to read this. Really, nothing here of any import. Just a bunch of legally binding small text. Failure to Comply with bullet (1) of terms will result in 1) making House Relidan your Enemy, and 2) A fee of 25 Atium to House Relidan. If you do not have the Atium at the time, it will be taken as you earn it through TLR, Bets, or any other way you might earn it. An additional 2 Atium interest will be required for every additional page that passes wherein you still do not have enough Atium to pay House Relidan back. House Relidan is not responsible for any Resulting Atium loss from proposing said proposals. There is no guarantee that The Lord Ruler will accept these proposals. In the event that the proposals are rejected, the two conditions still hold. In the event that the proposals are rejected, I will not owe you any Atium. There is no condition that I will grant you any physical Atium. House Relidan reserves the right to give you questionable Proposal Ideas. House Relidan reserves the right to change this contract at any time after the signing. Batteries not Included.

Print Name: _______________
Signature: ________________
Date: ____________________
Very Legally Binding TLR Signature:______________

Edited by Illwei

3 hours ago, ElectrumSavant said:

I need more clarity here. When you say "reverse the ruling of the Lord Ruler", do you mean that Judgments can be appealed to the Senate, or that they can change the Lord Ruler's decision on a proposed law?

My intention was that they could change the LR’s decision on a proposed law, as in, if LR rejects it, but everyone in the Senate (or everyone who isn’t an Obligator, Inquisitor, or Favored House) votes that they want it to pass, the Proposal passes. I guess Judgements could technically be overruled by the Senate too, but you’d be lucky to get a second vote besides yourself, much less a unanimous one. Why would someone else vote to give you your Atium back, this is a competition.

3 hours ago, Negative_Null said:

I propose an amendment to the Senate rule. Any proposal can be seconded. If it is seconded by a Noble, it will simultaneously go to the Lord Ruler and to the Senate. A proposal can be passed by either group. The Senate must pass it by 3/4 vote, but Inquisitors, Obligators, Favored Houses, and any other role gets two votes. Skaa do not get to vote

.....how is this an amendment, it has nothing in common with my Senate proposal besides the fact that they both use the word “Senate”. 

3 hours ago, Illwei said:

HOUSES (out of Favor/Skaa)
(12) - House Ightejyw (Danex)

tsk, just because I’m poor doesn’t mean I’m out of favor. It just means I’m poor.  
:v

Edited by Danex

4 hours ago, Negative_Null said:

Skaa @Danex, I will get you out of debt in exchange for you becoming my Vassal. You will support my proposals when necessary and I can tell you to drop any proposal at any time. This contract will end at the end of page 5 or unless you put another kind of end to our agreement.

Sure, I’ll be your vassal.

21 minutes ago, Danex said:

tsk, just because I’m poor doesn’t mean I’m out of favor. It just means I’m poor.  
:v

Well good sir you are most definitely out of favor with House Relidan for not accepting my proposal, and as House Relidan organizes the census, House Relidan is allowed to add flavor where they please. 
Also I would think that anyone using up the great Lord Ruler's resources and time whilst being in debt to the aforementioned Lord Ruler would be considered Out of Favor

Proposal time:
I propose an amendment that clarifies that you can not make any Atium interactions if they could result in you losing more Atium than you have

Edited by Illwei
What is this game turning me into

Proposals:

(1) anyone who has <=0 atium will be officially reffered to as "skaa"

(2) if any house makes a statement that could be taken as rioting or rebellion, they will be taxed 5 atium, and a second offense will result in loss of 5 atium and having voting priveledges revoked until the next page. The Inquisitor and Obligator will call out these posts and TLR Will make the final ruling.

All, right, I pay Danex his debt, which I believe is 12 Atium. 

And now I will propose a new law, that nobles can hire Mistborn to assassinate other noble houses. It takes three Mistborn together to take down a house. After a house is brought down, all their Atium is divided among the nobles that hired the Mistborn. A victim can hire Mistborn to cancel out other Mistborn. A noble that is brought down can continue to play, just loses all their Atium.

Danex will second and support my proposal in the Senate.

1 hour ago, Illwei said:

I propose an amendment that clarifies that you can not make any Atium interactions if they could result in you losing more Atium than you have

Approved, that seems like common sense but it is good to make that clear.

30 minutes ago, Illwei said:

anyone who has <=0 atium will be officially reffered to as "skaa"

Approved, I appreciate the added flavor.

30 minutes ago, Illwei said:

(2) if any house makes a statement that could be taken as rioting or rebellion, they will be taxed 5 atium, and a second offense will result in loss of 5 atium and having voting priveledges revoked until the next page. The Inquisitor and Obligator will call out these posts and TLR Will make the final ruling.

Rejected. Let them. It is good for them to get purged every century or so. It fosters instability, keeps the aristocracy from growing too confident. Usually, I let them kill each other in one of their foolish wars, but these riots will work.

29 minutes ago, Negative_Null said:

nobles can hire Mistborn to assassinate other noble houses. It takes three Mistborn together to take down a house. After a house is brought down, all their Atium is divided among the nobles that hired the Mistborn. A victim can hire Mistborn to cancel out other Mistborn. A noble that is brought down can continue to play, just loses all their Atium.

To be clear, that means that three different Houses have to team up to take out another House, paying 16 Atium each? Can other Houses intervene, sending their Mistborn to aid the victim? This seems like it could get interesting...

I would like to amend rule 003. I think that getting 100 laws approved would take WAY more time than any of us has. I propose that 10 atium per accepted proposal be changed to 15.

Edited by Chinkoln

Hi, I'm Fura and this looks fun. I think I have been told people can still join, and I think @Illwei was trying to exploit me for us to get money and stuff... so yeah... that.

Reports on Returning spider monkeys to Belize's forests - GlobalGivingSpider monkeys are cute.

Joining this game now is difficult, as I've got to read all the rules and make sure I don't break any. Though I think I've used enough a's at this point as well. 

So, do I make rule proposals now? I'm ready to lose all the Atium I just gained. xD

Amend:
    206 - Strike, "It is not be allowed to just put them all in a row like "aaaa" in order to prevent someone from benefitting from this rule", and replace with, "Only a's that add meaning to the post are allowed to be added"

Introduce:

(1) The Lord Ruler may appoint a noble as Senate Secretary. This noble will be in charge of assisting other nobles get rid of spelling errors and grammatical mistakes in their laws. If anyone comes to the Secretary with a future proposal, the Secretary is not allowed to propose any idea from that proposal for the duration of the page. A Secretary in violation of this will lose their role, and be fined 5 Atium.
Reasoning: Reading through the current laws, there are quite a few instances where slightly altered wording, while having the exact same legal effect, would assist in new players such as myself being able to understand and learn the game quicker. This will make it easier for new players to join.

(2) For each spelling error in a law, the house that created said law is fined 1 Atium per error. The Secretary would pay a 3 Atium fine per error for any law they create or assist with.
Reasoning: Just motivation to make sure people spell things correctly.

(3) All players are allowed to create up to 1 PM per page. They are only allowed to use this PM for the duration of the page. Each PM may have up to 2 players in it, and must include either The Lord Ruler or a proxy The Lord Ruler designates.
Reasoning: Being able to talk in PMs will remove random discussions from the thread, making it easier to follow. People will of course be free to continue talking in thread if they prefer that. The Lord Ruler (or representative) also should be party to any private discussions happening to ensure there is no plot of uprising, and to ensure anyone plotting such a thing can be adequately punished.
Also PMs are fun. =)

(4) Players are allowed to sue other players for damages. If a player breaks either a contract or rule that directly hurts another player financially (Atium) or otherwise. The victim may propose damages and take the offender to court. Each party may choose one member of the court, and agree on a third. TLR may deem any member of the court unsuitably biased, if so, they must be chosen again. Court proceedings can be dismissed at anytime by the person proposing damages.
Reasoning: This will both proactively discourage people illegally exploiting others, but also allow victims to recover any losses they may have suffered.

Edited by Furamirionind
said "other" instead of "others"

I propose that players can join another house, adding their atium totals and making it so if one wins, the other wins. if they want to split back into separate houses later, the Lord Ruler decides how much of their combined atium each gets

Edited by Doomstick