Imperial Nomic: The Final Empire

Vote on the next Nomic theme!  

10 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think the theme of the Imperial Nomic Sequel should be? Mark as many as you want.

• Scadrial (Era 2 Elendel)
    • Nalthis (Hallendren Court of Gods)
    • Roshar (Alethi Highprincedoms)
    • Roshar (Azish Bureaucracy)
    • Sel (Nobility in Post-Reod Arelon)
    • Sel (Factions in the Rose Empire)
    • Taldain (Lossandin Profession Heads)
    • Scadrial (Well of Ascension time period)
    • Scadrial (Immediate Post-Catacendre)
    • Cytoverse (Alien cultures in the Superiority)
    • Alcatraz (Free Kingdoms)
    • Reckoners (Epics in Newcago)

Well, I think Ill propose this because why not and it hasn't been re-proposed-
(1) If a proposal is rejected then the house is taxed 2 Atium per line of proposal for inconveniencing the Lord Ruler.

I would also Like to submit my application for Inquisitor I guess: I may not be a born Seeker, but I have 0 problem with however many spikes are needed and  how they are acquired :P.

Spoiler

Capture.PNG

Edited by Illwei
added my drawing of a skunk as I have apparently created a new page

Chinkoln

I am house Domhan.

I propose that houses can have a pet with abilities, but can only have one pet at a time.

Ex.

A cat can let you use a mistborn every 2 pages.

A dog can make the Lord Ruler more likely to accept a proposal

An otter can give you 25% more atium from all sources

etc

etc

Edited by Chinkoln

1 hour ago, Illwei said:

(2) are you able to accept portions of proposals, or must you accept all or nothing?

Just noticed this now. As I understand it, I can only accept all or nothing, but I do sometimes rephrase rules when I add them to the list of rules for clarity and to cover loopholes. If I ever rephrase a rule in such a way that it changes the original intent, someone please let me know and I will reconsider the rule.

14 minutes ago, Illwei said:

If a proposal is rejected then the house is taxed 2 Atium per line of proposal for inconveniencing the Lord Ruler.

Approved.

15 minutes ago, Illwei said:

I would also Like to submit my application for Inquisitor I guess

I appoint you Inquisitor. It's best that no one asks where the spikes came from.

llama.jpeg.6d788ec28d942b5aad308fb324e8b421.jpeg

32 minutes ago, Chinkoln said:

I propose that houses can have a pet with abilities, but can only have one pet at a time.

I like the idea, but the examples seem like they would get really complicated really fast. Perhaps with simpler animal abilities? Like "if someone else posts a picture of your animal, you take 5 Atium from them" or something along those lines. Until then, Rejected.

I'm not counting the examples for the purposes of Rule 003, so that's only a -2 Atium loss.

Oops... that's a double post. Sorry!

Edited by ElectrumSavant

I propose that the Lord Ruler can award atium at his discretion, based on any criteria (Within this thread) that comes to his attention. The maximum amount that can be rewarded each time is 10 (Unless the Lord Ruler thinks that this number should be higher or lower than proposed)

3 minutes ago, Chinkoln said:

I propose that the Lord Ruler can award atium at his discretion, based on any criteria (Within this thread) that comes to his attention. The maximum amount that can be rewarded each time is 10

Approved. I don't plan on using this power often, but the ability to do it is welcome.

Is the Lord Ruler subject to rules?

1 hour ago, ElectrumSavant said:

Approved. I don't plan on using this power often, but the ability to do it is welcome.

Not that I mean to be a bother or to insult you, Lord *bows head and shuffles backwards*

Edited by Illwei

12 minutes ago, Illwei said:

Is the Lord Ruler subject to rules?

Not that I mean to be a bother or to insult you, Lord *bows head and shuffles backwards*

The Lord Ruler is subject to rules, the same as all other players. The only differences are that the Lord Ruler can't gain or lose Atium, and that the Lord Ruler can't win the game while he/she is Lord Ruler. If someone notices a player breaking a rule (including the Lord Ruler), they can Call for Judgement to settle the rule dispute and/or get the offender penalized in Atium. I admit that it's a bit hazy right now, especially since the Lord Ruler currently is the one who settles rule disputes.

9 minutes ago, Matrim's Dice said:

aaaaaaa

Judgment

Here we have a violation of Rule 201 (lack of an animal on the first post of the page) and Rule 206 (No putting a string of a's together to prevent someone benefitting from Rule 206). As this is a first offense and likely a joke, I hereby fine Matrim's Dice of House Ethorris 5 Atium.

Let the executions begin.

Edited by ElectrumSavant
Sorry, wrong House

Proposal 1: I propose that if the Lord ruler rejects this or the following proposals, I win.

Proposal 2: I propose that I win. 

Proposal 3: I propose that since time is relative and because of the Multiverse theory, the previous 2 proposals have already been passed at some point. 

2 minutes ago, Danex said:

Proposal 1: I propose that if the Lord ruler rejects this or the following proposals, I win.

Proposal 2: I propose that I win. 

Proposal 3: I propose that since time is relative and because of the Multiverse theory, the previous 2 proposals have already been passed at some point. 

LOL. All three proposals are Rejected, of course. You now have -6 Atium. Welcome aboard!

Just now, ElectrumSavant said:

*Still laughing* Rejected. Your current Atium count is now -8.

Do you have a house name in mind? Perhaps Misadventure?

House: ImGonnaHackThisEventuallyJustYouWait

Legitimate Proposal: The Lord Ruler may not reject 5 proposals in a row. If 4 proposals in a row are rejected, the fifth must be approved. If a user sends multiple proposals in one message, they are counted as one proposal for the purposes of this rule. 

2 hours ago, Danex said:

The Lord Ruler may not reject 5 proposals in a row. If 4 proposals in a row are rejected, the fifth must be approved. If a user sends multiple proposals in one message, they are counted as one proposal for the purposes of this rule. 

While I don't think that this is an absolutely terrible idea, it seems too easily exploited in order to get a ridiculous proposal to pass that would otherwise never, ever be passed. So this proposal is rejected. You are now at -12 Atium. I might, however, if it was worded well enough and not easily exploitable, accept a proposal that allowed for laws to be accepted without Lord Ruler input under certain specific conditions, something like: "If a certain amount of time (multiple days at least) passes without the Lord Ruler accepting or rejecting a proposal, the person who made that proposal may repost it and call for a vote among the various Houses. At that point, if the law reaches a majority (or possibly 3/4ths supermajority) among all of the Houses who would appear on a Census (because they have posted in the last two weeks) and the Lord Ruler still has neither accepted or rejected the proposal, it becomes law."

I see that you're going for the rules-lawyer approach there, Danex of House ImGonnaHackThisEventuallyJustYouWait (or, presumably, Ightejyw for short). You are, of course, perfectly welcome to do so, but I'm not going to make it easy;)

I seriously debated sending one of the Relidan House Mistborns after you, but decided it would be a waste of 16 Atium :P. @Danex

EDIT: 2 Proposals? Maybe? (I may regret this. They all kind of tie in together)

(1) Houses may borrow Atium from other Houses assuming:
     (a) that Atium does not satisfy the wincon (b) they follow whatever rules that house sets for the borrowing (ie. Taxing, Interest, idk...etc.)

(2) Houses that are in the negative numbers of Atium will be taxed -2 atium per page while they stay in Debt, and will not be counted as an "official house" in the Census (ie: no voting rights if any additional laws are passed that grants houses voting rights or things like that) until they get out of debt to the Lord Ruler. 

@ElectrumSavant Tagging you because it was an Edit. Appologies.

Edited by Illwei
Added proposals I thought of bc I didn't want to double post.

I propose that the rest of the players who do not have any sort of role now compose the Senate. A unanimous vote from the Senate can reverse the ruling of the Lord Ruler. The senate may only overthrow the Lore Ruler once per page. 

3 minutes ago, The_Truthwatcher said:

I propose that an updated table of Atium be included in the first post.

I propose that the Lord Ruler can fine a house upto 10 Atium for failing to follow rules.

ฅʕ•̫͡•ʔฅ

What do you mean by table of Atium?

2 hours ago, Danex said:

I propose that all current atium values be multiplied by -60

only 4 A's. Requesting 5 Atium.
Also requesting a Call to Judgement on Danex's first post on behalf of it violating rule 201.

Edited by Illwei

I propose that if the Obligator doesn't post a census at least once every 4 pages OR at least once every 3 days, their title is removed and they are fined 15 atium. The House who first notices that the Obligator isn't fulfilling their duty and reports them will be awarded 5 atium.