Imperial Nomic: The Final Empire

Vote on the next Nomic theme!  

10 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think the theme of the Imperial Nomic Sequel should be? Mark as many as you want.

• Scadrial (Era 2 Elendel)
    • Nalthis (Hallendren Court of Gods)
    • Roshar (Alethi Highprincedoms)
    • Roshar (Azish Bureaucracy)
    • Sel (Nobility in Post-Reod Arelon)
    • Sel (Factions in the Rose Empire)
    • Taldain (Lossandin Profession Heads)
    • Scadrial (Well of Ascension time period)
    • Scadrial (Immediate Post-Catacendre)
    • Cytoverse (Alien cultures in the Superiority)
    • Alcatraz (Free Kingdoms)
    • Reckoners (Epics in Newcago)

I propose that those who fail to follow the rule that states: your first post of a new page must have an animal picture, must forfeit 1/3 of their boxings to the void. Meaning, they lose them. This included infractions prior to this proposal.

4 hours ago, The_Truthwatcher said:

I propose that whoever currently has the most Atium become the new Lord Ruler, with half the Atium going to ElectrumSavant and the other half to me.

Rejected, I'm not ready to give up absolute power just yet. However, perhaps we can have some sort of ranking system with a benefit to whoever has the most Atium at any given time. That will be easier once the first official census is posted by @Doomstick.

1 hour ago, Matrim's Dice said:

I propose that is any of the former propositions are denied, the Houses who suggested them must turn all their atium over to me.

Rejected. However, it might be interesting to add a mechanic where you lose Atium from a rejected proposal. Maybe 2-5?

1 hour ago, Negative_Null said:

I propose the window before the Lord Ruler is replaced be shortened to 3 days

Rejected. But I am willing to shorten the time if people think two weeks of inactivity is too long- perhaps one week, as opposed to the current two weeks?

1 hour ago, Matrim's Dice said:

I propose that those who fail to follow the rule that states: your first post of a new page must have an animal picture, must forfeit 1/3 of their boxings to the void. Meaning, they lose them. This included infractions prior to this proposal.

Rejected. Not that I think that it is a bad idea- but right now boxings aren't a unit of currency. Perhaps we could set one up where 1 Atium = 10 boxings or something? In turn, people could spend boxings to buy things from a shop- keeps, Allomancers, armies, and the like.

I propose that:
    (a) if an Obligator miscounts in any way in a census they must forfeit 25% of their Atium
    (b) if they miscount in any way more than once they lose their position. 

Additionally:
(1) can we propose new offices?
(2) are you able to accept portions of proposals, or must you accept all or nothing?

Capture.PNG

Edited by Illwei

5 minutes ago, Negative_Null said:

I propose that all further posts have at least 7 letter "a"s in them. It would not be allowed to just put them all in a row like "aaaa". Anyone who submits an illegal post gives 15 Atium to the person who spots it.

Rejected, as it seems like it would get annoying. But, I would accept this proposal if it was just a bonus to the first person who spots it- say 5 Atium to anyone who first spots a post with a deficiency in A's?

3 minutes ago, Illwei said:

if an Obligator miscounts in any way in a census they must forfeit 25% of their Atium

Approved. This is for official censuses, which list all players and their Atium. If you accidentally get ninja'd though (like if you were typing at the same time that someone else posted something), then this won't apply.

if they miscount in any way more than once they lose their position.

Approved. If the Obligator breaks the above rule twice then they lose their position. At that point, anyone can volunteer to be the new Obligator (under the current rules, that includes the old Obligator).

can we propose new offices?

Of course! There is no limit to what kind of rules can be proposed, unless/until we make rules that limit what kind of rules can be proposed. Feel free to propose offices such as Inquisitors, Hazekillers, Generals, or whatever else you think of, as well as their associated powers. Try to be specific.

1 minute ago, ElectrumSavant said:

Rejected, as it seems like it would get annoying. But, I would accept this proposal if it was just a bonus to the first person who spots it- say 5 Atium to anyone who first spots a post with a deficiency in A's?

Amendment to my proposal, for each post, if it has less than 7 "a"s in it, the first person to point it out gets 5 Atium. The poster no longer loses Atium

I also propose a new role. The Lord Ruler can designate a Favored House that will run the atium mines at the Pits of Hathsin. The Favored House will get 5 atium at the end of each page. The Lord Ruler can grant or take away this role at any time for any reason.

5 minutes ago, Negative_Null said:

I also propose a new role. The Lord Ruler can designate a Favored House that will run the atium mines at the Pits of Hathsin. The Favored House will get 5 atium at the end of each page. The Lord Ruler can grant or take away this role at any time for any reason.

Interesting. I like it. Accepted.

For coming up with the idea, Negative_Null of House Tellen is now my Favored House. I will most likely pick Favored House in the future depending on who comes up with a good rule change.

A Slight Proposal?

The Inquisitor

(0) The Inquisitor is chosen by the Lord Ruler
(1) the Inquisitor Polices the thread. If an Inquisitor catches a house making more than 5 bets per 3 pages, then the house looses the ability to use their Mistborn for (an additional) 3 cycles and the Inquisitor recieves 10 Atium. (other Idea was that The Inquisitor watches for if someone tries to use a Mistborn more than once per three cycles, but I am unsure about how much people will try to use Mistborns. Guess I could always wait until later in the game to Propose this...)
(2) The Inquisitor watches for the Obligator's Census.
     (a) If the Obligator Miscounts in any way then it is the Inquisitor's job to notice it. doing so rewards the inquisitor with 50% of the Obligator's lost Atium (ie. The obligator had 80 Atium when they miscounted. They lose 20 total, and the Inquisitor collects 10. In cases where it turns out to be an odd number the Inquisitor takes the smallest. 25 becomes 12.)

I feel as though I might be thinking too much about new rules...

A Slight Proposal?

The Inquisitor

(0) The Inquisitor is chosen by the Lord Ruler
(1) the Inquisitor Polices the thread. If an Inquisitor catches a house making more than 5 bets per 3 pages, then the house looses the ability to use their Mistborn for (an additional) 3 cycles and the Inquisitor recieves 10 Atium. (other Idea was that The Inquisitor watches for if someone tries to use a Mistborn more than once per three cycles, but I am unsure about how much people will try to use Mistborns. Guess I could always wait until later in the game to Propose this...)
(2) The Inquisitor watches for the Obligator's Census.
     (a) If the Obligator Miscounts in any way then it is the Inquisitor's job to notice it. doing so rewards the inquisitor with 50% of the Obligator's lost Atium (ie. The obligator had 80 Atium when they miscounted. They lose 20 total, and the Inquisitor collects 10. In cases where it turns out to be an odd number the Inquisitor takes the smallest. 25 becomes 12.)

Accepted! I feel like House Tellen should at least get one page of being Favored House, so I'm not going to take that away yet, but this is very well done.

I'm not sure how many bets we are going to see, as there haven't been any yet, but the role can always be adjusted if it turns out it would be useful for something else. For now, I plan to pick the Inquisitor based on the "whoever volunteers first" rule, the same as I did for Obligator. 

"Kar, come in. You've been doing good, but your numbers this quarter are down. I'm sorry that I have to do this, but we're removing your spikes for a better candidate."

"What... but I'm nothing without my spikes!"

"If you're nothing without your spikes, then you shouldn't have them."

Can I also propose an Ammendment to rule 206? Bolded is my Ammendment.

The first person to point out a post that has less than 7 "a"s in it gets 5 Atium. It is not be allowed to just put them all in a row like "aaaa" in order to prevent someone from benefitting from this rule. It is illegal to deliberately post something with less than 7 "a"s, and then proceed to point it out, earning yourself the 5 Atium. Trying to do so (for some reason) will result in the loss of 5 Atium.

2 minutes ago, Illwei said:

The first person to point out a post that has less than 7 "a"s in it gets 5 Atium. It is not be allowed to just put them all in a row like "aaaa" in order to prevent someone from benefitting from this rule. It is illegal to deliberately post something with less than 7 "a"s, and then proceed to point it out, earning yourself the 5 Atium. Trying to do so (for some reason) will result in the loss of 5 Atium.

Approved. This was what I assumed that it meant, but I realize now that it would be a good idea to make that clear in the rule itself.

1 minute ago, Negative_Null said:

Since the Final Empire desperately needs more Houses, I propose a rule. A player can invite another Sharder to join this thread. If the new Sharder joins, both the inviter and the invitee get 20 Atium.

Accepted. I agree, we are in need of more nobles. If you're a new player who was invited by someone else, let us know in your first post who invited you!

Welcome aboard, @Chinkoln! A description and the game rules are kept updated at the very beginning of this thread. I'm the Lord Ruler, the other players are Houses, and everyone is trying to win the game by gathering 1,024 Atium. Because you were referred, you and Negative_Null get 20 Atium.

The game rules change as we play, because an integral part of the game is proposing new rules.