Imperial Nomic: The Final Empire

Vote on the next Nomic theme!  

10 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think the theme of the Imperial Nomic Sequel should be? Mark as many as you want.

• Scadrial (Era 2 Elendel)
    • Nalthis (Hallendren Court of Gods)
    • Roshar (Alethi Highprincedoms)
    • Roshar (Azish Bureaucracy)
    • Sel (Nobility in Post-Reod Arelon)
    • Sel (Factions in the Rose Empire)
    • Taldain (Lossandin Profession Heads)
    • Scadrial (Well of Ascension time period)
    • Scadrial (Immediate Post-Catacendre)
    • Cytoverse (Alien cultures in the Superiority)
    • Alcatraz (Free Kingdoms)
    • Reckoners (Epics in Newcago)

Ammendment

511- The Rule of Throwing the Game: Houses may not Loan or give more than 50% of their Atium to the same house per page. at one time (not applied to bets) (This is to prevent Houses for some reason trying to give all their money away to one house.)

@ElectrumSavant

Edited by Illwei

2 hours ago, Illwei said:

@ElectrumSavant i have 1 hour to respond, yes?

That's right. Note that in order to successfully assassinate, the attackers need 3 more Mistborn in play than the defenders have in play. The countdown only begins once the attackers reach that point, and is reset if that is no longer the case.

2 hours ago, Mist said:

Mist of House Mist is hiring the Mistborn from the Black Market to assassinate Illwei of House Relidan.

RNG of 1-100 was 82, meaning you successfully hired the Black Market Mistborn.

Battle of Relidan Keep

Attackers: Ightejyw (1), Wafre (1), Mist (2) / Defenders: None

Time's Up for Defenders to Respond: 5:57 PM UTC

mistbornfight.thumb.jpg.042d30b61926c4933616d071191ddbff.jpg

EDIT: Doomstick has pulled out of the battle for now. This does not stop the countdown.

EDIT EDIT: Doomstick did NOT actually pull out of the battle, this doesn't affect how the battle ended up but it does change the amount of money everyone made.

Edited by ElectrumSavant
Doomstick DID NOT pull out

We really need to have 3 more Mistborn than the defenders? I think the rule is rather vague on that point, and think about it from an in-world perspective. If we send 3 Misborn, and they defend with 2, one Mistborn still got through the defense, and that’s enough to kill someone easily. I interpreted the rule as you need 3 to start an assassination, but if a single one gets through it is successful. Otherwise you could have the attackers send 3 Mistborn, but then be fended off by a single one, and that doesn’t seem faithful to the idea of a house war. 

We could use the rules of Risk, this is actually almost the same exact thing. The attackers get to win if even a single Mistborn gets through, but the Defenders have an advantage in that they win if there is a tie. 

Edited by Danex
Fixing typos

22 minutes ago, Illwei said:

Ammendment

511- The Rule of Throwing the Game: Houses may not Loan or give more than 50% of their Atium to the same house per page. at one time (not applied to bets) (This is to prevent Houses for some reason trying to give all their money away to one house.)

Given that this act was meant to prevent somebody from giving away all of their Atium before leaving the game, I will admit that I am... skeptical about your intentions for amending it, given that you are potentially facing assassination. Do you have something to say on behalf of this amendment?

3 hours ago, Somebody from Sel said:

Ok so my reasoning for this is to make using mistborn more strategic and less go attack there oh you got blocked ok this would probably be something that rarely came into effect but I think it could be amended in the above way to make it add more it also serves to make it harder to 'kill" a house

This act is frankly too complicated and confusingly worded. I don't think it is a bad idea, but if you want it passed either have someone second it or else reword it to make it more easily understandable.

4 minutes ago, Danex said:

We really need to have 3 more Mistborn than the defenders? I think the rule is rather vague on that point, and think about it from an in-world perspective. If we send 3 Misborn, and they defend with 2, one Mistborn still got through the defense, and that’s enough to kill someone easily. I interpreted the rule as you need 3 to start an assassination, but if a single one gets through it is successful. Otherwise you could have the attackers send 3 Mistborn, but then he fended off by a single one, and that doesn’t seem faithful to the idea of a house war. 

I interpret it as requiring 3 more Mistborn than the defenders under the current rules. While your logic is sound from a thematic perspective, that interpretation was not my understanding when approving the act.

Edited by ElectrumSavant
Typo and some more explanation

1 minute ago, ElectrumSavant said:

Given that this act was meant to prevent somebody from giving away all of their Atium before leaving the game, I will admit that I am... skeptical about your intentions for amending it, given that you are potentially facing assassination. Do you have something to say on behalf of this amendment?

It's just further clarification to prevent loopholes. Please reject or accept.

Edited by Illwei
Spelling

25 minutes ago, Illwei said:

Rejected. I think that the current wording is better at preventing cheating and more specific.

Hi just asking: hows everyone doing hows it going anyone wanna help me live? 

@Experience hows it going

@Mist anything i can do to get you to switch sides? :P.

Oh well. In that case

@ElectrumSavant

I give 382 atium to Experience of House Drab

I propose

The unjoin rejoin act: that if a house splits up, they must wait for two full pages to go by before they can rejoin any other house.

"I, House Relidan declare that we permanently and irrevocably have chosen to Withdraw from the game, with full understanding that House Relidan's Atium reserves shall be wiped, and any attempt at rejoining will be treated as forming a new House without any prior activity in the game."

Edited by Illwei
Tag

Battle of Relidan Keep

Attackers: Ightejyw (1), Wafre (1), Mist (2) / Defenders: None

Attackers Win!

assassination.thumb.jpg.c404b8e1de407257eb0a8075bf2e643f.jpg

382 Atium is split between @Danex of House Ightejyw, @Doomstick of House Wafre, and @Mist of House Mist

(127 each, the remainder of 1 Atium went to Mist).

Edited by ElectrumSavant
Doomstick did NOT pull out

Ooh, this looks fun! Id like to join as House illkillmyselfbeforeillletyoustealmyatium

I propose

The rule of combat:

that if houses are engaged in a mistborn battle, then the houses in question are not allowed to take any actions besides hiring mistborn

The rule of hiring:

Once a mistborn is hired for an action it may not be taken back.

Edited by Illwei
New proposals

Lol you don’t need to make a new house, you don’t ‘die’ just “loose all [your] Atium.”

i don’t think you actually can make a new house as you never left house Relidan. 

yeah, ima Call for Judgement on house Relidan for breaking rule 010 and not withdrawing correctly before making a new house. 

Edited by Danex
Clarification

39 minutes ago, Illwei said:

"I, House Relidan declare that we permanently and irrevocably have chosen to Withdraw from the game, with full understanding that House Relidan's Atium reserves shall be wiped, and any attempt at rejoining will be treated as forming a new House without any prior activity in the game."

The Withdrawal of House Relidan has been noted.

Welcome to the Final Empire, @Illwei of House Illkillmyselfbeforeillletyoustealmyatium (Ikmbiltysma? Doesn't really roll off the tongue...)

Note: with the withdrawal of House Relidan there is no longer a High Prelan, Chancellor, or Favored House.

Edited by ElectrumSavant
Added note and welcome

I appoint Electrum Savant, the Lord Ruler, as acting High Prelan.

===

The Lord Ruler - ElectrumSavant

THE NOBLE HOUSES

(638) - House Drab (Experience)

(525) - House Wafre (Doomstick)

(267) - House Somebody (Somebody From Sel) Lotto Winner

(227) - House Ightejyw (Danex): Obligator

(196) - House Mist (Mist): Obligator

(116) - House Aot (SirWolfe)

(94) - House Hollow (Kings_Way)

(16) - House Ikmbiltysma (Illwei)

===

1 hour ago, Danex said:

yeah, ima Call for Judgement on house Relidan for breaking rule 010 and not withdrawing correctly before making a new house. 

Judgment

Danex is correct that at the time that Illwei announced joining as House Ikmbiltysma, I had not yet acknowledged the Withdrawal. However, it was understood that Illwei's action in joining the game again was conditional upon the Withdrawal being acknowledged by me. As such, I find @Illwei innocent. Per rule 403, @Danex is fined 8 Atium.

However, because I just counted up the money and the decision is in a gray area, I am awarding @Danex 8 Atium to cancel out the fined amount, per Rule 103.

1 hour ago, Illwei said:

The rule of combat:

that if houses are engaged in a mistborn battle, then the houses in question are not allowed to take any actions besides hiring mistborn

Does "the houses in question" mean all of the defenders and attackers, or just the people who have already sent Mistborn?

1 hour ago, Illwei said:

The rule of hiring:

Once a mistborn is hired for an action it may not be taken back.

Approved.

40 minutes ago, Experience said:

I propose that Illwei of House Illkillmyselfbeforeillletyoustealmyatium be made High Prelan. 

Illwei made an excellent High Prelan in the past, and I will be happy to re-appoint if @Illwei volunteers. Abstain.

Edited by ElectrumSavant
Sorted in order of Atium

1 hour ago, ElectrumSavant said:

That's right. Note that in order to successfully assassinate, the attackers need 3 more Mistborn in play than the defenders have in play. The countdown only begins once the attackers reach that point, and is reset if that is no longer the case.

RNG of 1-100 was 82, meaning you successfully hired the Black Market Mistborn.

Battle of Relidan Keep

Attackers: Ightejyw (1), Mist (2) / Defenders: None

Time's Up for Defenders to Respond: 5:57 PM UTC

mistbornfight.thumb.jpg.042d30b61926c4933616d071191ddbff.jpg

EDIT: Doomstick has pulled out of the battle for now. This does not stop the countdown.

No I didn’t, I reversed my decision to get a spike

Just now, Illwei said:

I would be fine with being high prelan, but if anyone wants to, i can give them my spreadsheet :P.

I appoint @Illwei of House Relidan as High Prelan.

1 minute ago, Illwei said:

Electrum, what was the order of actions? I withdrew before i was killed.

Alright, let me break it down:

• You gave 382 Atium to House Drab
  • You made a proposal
  • The battle resolved (You edited your post at about the same time I posted the results, so I didn't see it until after)
  • You announced a withdrawal, but the withdrawal only takes place after the Lord Ruler acknowledges it (Rule 010). 
  • You rejoined the game (Conditional on me acknowledging the withdrawal)
  • You made two proposals (Conditional on me acknowledging the withdrawal)
  • I acknowledged your Withdrawal. This meant that your earlier proposal (the Unjoin Rejoin Act) became un-proposed, since House Relidan didn't exist anymore. Because your other two proposals were made after you rejoined, they were still being proposed.

7 minutes ago, Illwei said:

I would like to request the starting bonus

For those of you keeping track at home, that means that the newly-renamed House Relidan now has 238 Atium.

If House Wafreightejyw-Mist forms again, they would be 76 Atium short of the 1,024 win goal.

Oh! Also note: according to the wording of Rule 510, Illwei can potentially merge with another House immediately, because Illwei has posted in both of the last two pages.

Edited by ElectrumSavant
Added another note